Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: Got Pets?

1. #271 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 Times in 853 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 307 Times in 289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    I miss my achilles. I had to euthanize him last fall due to nasal cancer. He was one of the most awesome dogs i'd ever had in my lifetime.
    Attachment 6061
    I'm so sorry to hear that...it is one of the hardest things that we have to do...
    RIP Achilles...you know he's pain free now and in good hands.
    I'd like to share something with you that our rescue groups often pass along to our friends and family and at times, strangers we're just chatting with...when they lose a beloved pet....A message from your angel:
    "Before humans die, they write their last will and testament, give their home and all they have to those they leave behind. If, with my paws, I could do the same, this is what I'd ask. To a poor and lonely stray I'd give my happy home , my bowl and cozy bed, soft pillow and all my toys, the lap, which I love so much, the hand that stroked my fur and the sweet voice that spoke my name I'd will to the sad, scared shelter dog the place I had in my human's loving heart, of which there seemed no bounds. So, when i die, please do not say, "I will never have a pet again, for the loss and pain is more than I can stand". Instead, go find an unloved dog, one whose life has held no joy hope and give my place to hims. This is the only thing I can give...the love I left behind..."
    Author unknown....
    Last edited by TOP; 03-03-2018 at 09:38 AM.

2. #272 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear that...it is one of the hardest things that we have to do...
    RIP Achilles...you know he's pain free now and in good hands.
    I'd like to share something with you that our rescue groups often pass along to our friends and family and at times, strangers we're just chatting with...when they lose a beloved pet....A message from your angel:
    "Before humans die, they write their last will and testament, give their home and all they have to those they leave behind. If, with my paws, I could do the same, this is what I'd ask. To a poor and lonely stray I'd give my happy home , my bowl and cozy bed, soft pillow and all my toys, the lap, which I love so much, the hand that stroked my fur and the sweet voice that spoke my name I'd will tot he sad, scared shelter dog the place I had in my human's loving heart, of which there seemed no bounds. So, when i die, please do not say, "I will never have a pet again, for the loss and pain is more than I can stand". Instead, go find an unloved dog, one whose life has held no joy hope and give my place to hims. This is the only thing I can give...the love I left behind..."
    Author unknown....
    I'm familiar, being in rescue myself. thank you very much.
    "You have rights antecedent to all earthly governments: rights that cannot be repealed or restrained by human laws: rights derived from the Great Legislator of the Universe." - President John Adams

3. #273 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 Times in 853 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 307 Times in 289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    I'm familiar, being in rescue myself. thank you very much.
    You are more than welcome....

4. #274 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,373 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 133 Times in 125 Posts
    Blog Entries

Dogs and cats hold a special place in our hearts. They become like children to us. Our home has toys all over the house just as if the kids were still little.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grumpy For This Post:

tff (03-07-2018), TOP (03-03-2018)

6. #275 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,648 Times in 7,404 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,502 Times in 1,455 Posts
    Blog Entries

This looks exactly like the Wolf Hybrid that we raised from a pup.

I'm 6' tall and when he put his paws on my shoulders, he towered over me.
    At his prime, he weighed 165 lbs.
    I use to go to the slaughter house and buy him cow leg knuckle bones.
    He would lay there, turning it over and over in his mouth, until he got it "just right" and then you could hear the knuckle shattering.
    He would consume every bit of it.

When I went to see the pups; he was the only one that wasn't running around and instead just sat there, looking at me.
    I knew right away that we were meant to be together.
    We named him Sasquatch.

We raised him as part of our pack (family) and he knew he was low dog on the totem pole and that even the kids held a higher place then he did.
    Never once challenged any one of us.

He'd be in the front yard and hear the kids open the back door, to hang up the laundry, and he would walk to the back and lay there, watching them until they went back inside; then he would go lay back down in the front yard.

We live about a mile from the river bottom and some nights I would sit out back with him and we could hear the coyotes yipping, by the river.
    He'd sit there for a while and when he got tired of them, he'd sit up and let out this really long howl.

When he laid back down, I swear he was smiling.
    No more coyote noise, for the rest of the night.

He got older and developed a real bad hip joint problem, that we couldn't do anything about.
    I held him in my arms and cried like a baby, when we had to have him euthanized.

We buried him in the back yard, with his blanket and leash.
    Sometimes, during the summer, when I'm outside and the coyotes start up.
    I lean back and howl like he used to.
    Still shuts the coyotes up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    Yes, I am a well known racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckly J. Ewer/Leonthecat View Post
    You could grab a cock sucking liar by his forehead and slit his fucking throat the gay assholes don't even care if you kill them...they would be glad to fucking die...
    Pascal argues that a rational person should live as though God exists and seek to believe in God. If God does not actually exist, such a person will have only a finite loss, whereas they stand to receive infinite gains and avoid infinite losses.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

TOP (03-04-2018)