Members banned from this thread: FUCK THE POLICE, evince and Text Drivers are Killers

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Guns make for a more civilized society

1. #196 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,615 Times in 17,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Peridot View Post
    Me.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

2. #197 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,418 Times in 53,287 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Me.
    Oh okay, thanks. What exactly is it that Rune thinks you need to fix? I looked at a couple other posts and get the idea that he thinks my guns are unregistered. They were all registered at time of purchase, and my late husband had a permit to own as well. Mr. Owl informs me that there is no legal requirement for me to seek any further registration or permits.

3. #198 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 698 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 24 Times in 22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Oh okay, thanks. What exactly is it that Rune thinks you need to fix? I looked at a couple other posts and get the idea that he thinks my guns are unregistered. They were all registered at time of purchase, and my late husband had a permit to own as well. Mr. Owl informs me that there is no legal requirement for me to seek any further registration or permits.
    Well if you bought them in MO and now live in MI then no, they are not registered here. That's technically a misdemeanor, though it's about as minor as it gets here. Also, didn't you mention wanting to sell them? Because I offered to help someone with that here.

4. #199 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Also, I should mention we only register pistols in MI. Long guns have no such requirement.

5. #200 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,835 Times in 8,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Huh? Are you confusing me with someone else? I'm not in any "mess" nor concerned about whatever "legally" you're talking about. Who is Billy anyways?
    You are in possession of a number of likely unregistered weapons.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

6. #201 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Me.
    NO, I'M SPARTACUS.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

7. #202 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    You are in possession of a number of likely unregistered weapons.
    Sounds like it; because she did mention:

...a .357 revolver, and 4 non-revolver handguns which I've never fired...
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

8. #203 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Well if you bought them in MO and now live in MI then no, they are not registered here. That's technically a misdemeanor, though it's about as minor as it gets here. Also, didn't you mention wanting to sell them? Because I offered to help someone with that here.
    Mr. Owl asked me to ask you "what kind of gun registry does he think there is?" He stated "Guns are not registered. Gun owners are." He also stated that when you inherit them, as I did, that you are not required to do anything. As I indicated earlier, they belonged to my late husband who had the correct state and federal permits.

My mention of selling them was more rhetorical. I am not looking to sell them to anyone currently. If someone came along who was interested, then we might talk. Thanks for your input.

9. #204 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Mr. Owl asked me to ask you "what kind of gun registry does he think there is?" He stated "Guns are not registered. Gun owners are." He also stated that when you inherit them, as I did, that you are not required to do anything. As I indicated earlier, they belonged to my late husband who had the correct state and federal permits.

My mention of selling them was more rhetorical. I am not looking to sell them to anyone currently. If someone came along who was interested, then we might talk. Thanks for your input.
    Your husband is incorrect. Those weapons are contraband and there are laws about storage as well that you may be inviolation of.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

10. #205 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Your husband is incorrect. Those weapons are contraband and there are laws about storage as well that you may be inviolation of.
    I'll check with the county cop shop this week about that. As for storage, we have a locked gun safe that's taller than I am, weighs 400 lbs or something (or 97 tons, according to the moving guys lol) and is fire proof. That's where the guns live. It's good to hear that there are storage regulations... I'm assuming for both safety and to protect them from thieves?

11. #206 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No.... gun owners are not registered. The firearms themselves are. Inherited or not, it's a violation. I don't give a fuck personally, the punishment for violation is $110 or something. It's less than double parking. I just wanted to make you aware. There are no storage regulations though, only that minors cannot access them.

12. #207 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I'll check with the county cop shop this week about that. As for storage, we have a locked gun safe that's taller than I am, weighs 400 lbs or something (or 97 tons, according to the moving guys lol) and is fire proof. That's where the guns live. It's good to hear that there are storage regulations... I'm assuming for both safety and to protect them from thieves?
    Both indeed.
    A real gun safe should cover you but if you have ammo it may require a seperate safe.

Also, whatever you do do not store weed in the same safe as guns.
    Major no go.

13. #208 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No.... gun owners are not registered. The firearms themselves are. Inherited or not, it's a violation. I don't give a fuck personally, the punishment for violation is $110 or something. It's less than double parking. I just wanted to make you aware. There are no storage regulations though, only that minors cannot access them.
    Thanks. Plenty of miners here, but no minors. lol

14. #209 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Both indeed.
    A real gun safe should cover you but if you have ammo it may require a seperate safe.
    Also, whatever you do do not store weed in the same safe as guns.
    Major no go.
    Hahaha.... obviously that has happened more than once to someone. I do keep a few nice jewelry items in the gun safe, as well as a family album with photos that are over 100 years ago. But no weed.

He has a bunch of reloading equipment and supplies but it's on the work bench he uses and stored in various boxes, not locked up. Prepared ammo lives in the gun safe too, but all the guns are kept unloaded. We have enough acreage here for a DIY gun range so we haven't had any need to transport them to a shooting range yet. He has several custom-made-for-him single-shot pistols that he used to use in competitive target shooting competitions. He is very, very good. All those things stay locked up in the gun safe, because they are super expensive. And loud. Very very very loud. Like so loud that even wearing sound-canceling electronic earphones, and standing 30 ft behind him -- it feels like your ears are going to burst and someone just punched you in the chest. This might explain why he has trouble hearing me when I talk, eh? lol

Thanks for your help and information, much appreciated. Peridot Billy, too.

15. #210 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,834 Times in 17,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

Is your logic, that we accept your premise that all your guns are registered and therefore registering guns is not a problem in America? You cannot argue that your specific conditions are universal. it is veering from the subject.