Members banned from this thread: FUCK THE POLICE, evince and Text Drivers are Killers

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Guns make for a more civilized society

1. #211 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,496 Times in 52,724 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Is your logic, that we accept your premise that all your guns are registered and therefore registering guns is not a problem in America? You cannot argue that your specific conditions are universal. it is veering from the subject.
    It was my understanding that all handguns had to be registered. I'm fine with that. My husband told me that the handguns I inherited from late husband were already registered (i.e. serial numbers logged) at time of original sale, and inheriting them changed nothing so I did not need to do anything with them other than store them safely. According to Rune and Peridot, however, that may or may not be true based on the law in our current state. Thanks for your concern.

2. #212 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Yeah, if only ppl would keep their guns safely locked up inside their house where thieves and small children couldn't get them. But they don't.
    If only ppl didn't feel a need to buy an arsenal capable of wiping out a herd of elephants, then using it to wipe out a church full of ppl. But they do.
    If only ppl didn't feel a need to allow their mentally ill son learn to shoot for his self-esteem, only to die at his hands before he wiped out 26 lives in an elementary school. But she did.

If only....
    I've said long ago, if you can't convince them, protect yourself from them.

I wasn't a huge Gun Advocate until I felt the need to protect myself from "People" who have no respect for my life ... that's EVERYONE, and that includes the people who's taken a oath to Serve and Protect.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bourbon For This Post:

Rune (01-22-2018), ThatOwlWoman (01-22-2018), TrippyHippy (01-22-2018)

4. #213 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

It was my understanding that all handguns had to be registered.
    we have no gun registration in Texas, handgun or otherwise.

I'm fine with that.
    why should I be 'fine' with you demanding my guns be registered?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

5. #214 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 Times in 8,248 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    we have no gun registration in Texas, handgun or otherwise.

why should I be 'fine' with you demanding my guns be registered?
    Dude, you will not be happy until MS13 is armed with machine guns since that is their right.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

6. #215 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    Dude, you will not be happy until MS13 is armed with machine guns since that is their right.
    what makes you think they aren't already armed with machine guns? do you think MS13 obeys federal laws on machine guns? at the very least, we the people should have machine guns in order to prevent gang crimes in our neighborhoods.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

7. #216 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,555 Times in 17,085 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Depends on what state. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_la...tates_by_state Lots of states no hand gun registration is required.

8. #217 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

It was my understanding that all handguns had to be registered. I'm fine with that. My husband told me that the handguns I inherited from late husband were already registered (i.e. serial numbers logged) at time of original sale, and inheriting them changed nothing so I did not need to do anything with them other than store them safely. According to Rune and Peridot, however, that may or may not be true based on the law in our current state. Thanks for your concern.
    Nope. The only state that requires handgun registration is New York. District of Columbia and Hawaii require registration of all firearms. A number of states actually prohibit the registration of firearms.
    Every life matters

9. #218 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Nope. The only state that requires handgun registration is New York. District of Columbia and Hawaii require registration of all firearms. A number of states actually prohibit the registration of firearms.
    I need to just sell them and stop fretting over the stupid state laws about having them. It's not like I use them for anything other than enjoying target shooting with the .22 rifle (which doesn't need registration anyways). I don't think my late husband would mind if they went to ppl who would appreciate and enjoy them like he did.

10. #219 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,555 Times in 17,085 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Guns make a far less civilized society. Living in fear that some nutcase is walking around with a gun, is not civilized. Respect for other citizens and their rights is civilized. being afraid that some person finding a normal life transaction is infuriating and requires shooting, is not civilized. If everyone had guns, your position would be to shoot first. You do not know how sane and mature the next armed person is.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-22-2018)

12. #220 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

I need to just sell them and stop fretting over the stupid state laws about having them. It's not like I use them for anything other than enjoying target shooting with the .22 rifle (which doesn't need registration anyways). I don't think my late husband would mind if they went to ppl who would appreciate and enjoy them like he did.
    As I said, your state doesn't require gun registration of any kind.
    Every life matters

13. #221 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Guns make a far less civilized society. Living in fear that some nutcase is walking around with a gun, is not civilized. Respect for other citizens and their rights is civilized. being afraid that some person finding a normal life transaction is infuriating and requires shooting, is not civilized. If everyone had guns, your position would be to shoot first. You do not know how sane and mature the next armed person is.
    Cars make a far less civilized society. Living in fear that some nutcase is driving around in a car, is not civilized. Respect for other citizens and their rights is civilized. being afraid that some person finding a normal life transaction is infuriating and requires running them over, is not civilized. If everyone had cara, your position would be to acelerate first. You do not know how sane and mature the next driver is.
    <see what I did there>

SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

14. #222 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Husband agrees with you, but Rune and Peridot say that in Michigan handguns must be registered. I'll call the local county cop shop this week and find out for sure.

15. #223 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Husband agrees with you, but Rune and Peridot say that in Michigan handguns must be registered. I'll call the local county cop shop this week and find out for sure.
    WOW, LOOK AT THE INFORMATION THAT'S ON THE INTERNET!! :EEK2:

Michigan Gun Laws
    According to Michigan gun laws, possession of a handgun also requires strict guidelines to be followed. If an individual is in possession of a handgun, he must immediately bring it to the local police authorities where it will be inspected and recorded thoroughly. During this process, thumbprints of the owner will also be taken so the firearm will be linked to that individual.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

Rune (01-24-2018)

17. #224 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

incorrect
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

18. #225 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Do you self a favor and move to a country with strict gun laws if you are truly this full of fear.