Thread: Columbus Day

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    No, because these three quotes were consecutive to one other, and not interrupted by talk of freed slaves:
    But it began with CFM's post of:
    Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Too bad the descendants of the slaves that were freed didn't go to the homeland of their ancestors...
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    But, alas, your quote is incomplete, and also doesn't show what my response was. Plus, no one really cares about what that faggot thinks.
    I did copy them as they progressed; but it still doesn't make sense why Lincoln would want to send the freed slaves to Australia.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,426 Times in 5,873 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,519 Times in 6,260 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hvilleherb View Post
    Liberals and indigenous people are determined to remove a traditional holiday.

Push to abolish Columbus Day in favor of Indigenous Peoples Day picks up steam

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.88b86644e036
    Don't let up. Columbus is toast- scientific fact;

Solar storm confirms Vikings settled in North America exactly 1,000 years ago
    Analysis of wood from timber-framed buildings in Newfoundland shows Norse-built settlement 471 years before Columbus

Long before Columbus crossed the Atlantic, eight timber-framed buildings covered in sod stood on a terrace above a peat bog and stream at the northern tip of Canada’s island of Newfoundland, evidence that the Vikings had reached the New World first.

But precisely when the Vikings journeyed to establish the L’Anse aux Meadows settlement had remained unclear – until now.

A new type of dating technique using a long-ago solar storm as a reference point has revealed that the settlement was occupied in AD1021, exactly a millennium ago and 471 years before the first voyage of Columbus. The technique was used on three pieces of wood cut for the settlement, all pointing to the same year.

The Viking voyage represents multiple milestones for humankind. The settlement offers the earliest-known evidence of a transatlantic crossing. It also marks the place where the globe was finally encircled by humans, who thousands of years earlier had trekked into North America over a land bridge that once connected Siberia to Alaska.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...go-solar-storm
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

6. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 42 Times in 40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gin Saké View Post
    The more that leftists dump on Columbus Day, only makes me more proud to be a 4th Degree Knight of Columbus.
    In this second decade under Federal Lynching enforcement for that SCOTUS Christian Nation pay to pray "one nation under God with equal justice under law" second coming "serve the Pope or die" Christiananality pedophilia Peter Principle pyramid scheme of survival of the fittest fascists; doubt it's a stroke since their more perfect union with Islam "death to the infidels" 9/11 patriot act crusade jihad way beyond the pleasure principle multitude of Freudian slips as to theory why Israel was created is past subconsciousness diatribe tautology of the way too dang lily brilliant white not so master race.

7. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mason View Post
    Columbus Ohio is still in the running
    for the new Amazon warehouse.
    I hope my good friend in Columbus can get a job:-) ~
    If he can’t get a job here in Cbus he isn’t trying.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

Mason Michaels (10-23-2021)

9. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

It’s ironic that Columbus supporters and detractors know Jack shit about the man. There is no question he was a great explorer and admiral. Is he solely responsible for what happened to the indigenous peoples in the Americas? Hell no. Has he been mythologized so most folks don’t know the facts about the man? Hell yes.

Columbus was a great man. Yes he was. Does he deserve more credit for the Discovery of The America’s more than the Norse explorers and settlers? Absolutely. The Norse explorers came to North America. Set up a camp for a short period of time, left and never told anyone about their discovery and soon forgot about it. Columbus went there, came back, published his discovery and provided navigational charts on how to get there and, unlike the Norse explorers changed the course of history.

My reading on many of the detractors of Columbus either are sourcing their views from unreliable tertiary sources who wrote about the man, after his death, from people who had based their comments on conversations Columbus had with others and never even met the man. Others quote mistranslation or out of context comments attributed to Columbus by tertiary sources.

There was a debate here in Columbus back in the 90’s with detractors wanting to change the name of our city. Fortunately we have some great historians at our University and they set the record straight on Columbus. As one historian stated, you try crossing the Atlantic in a 15th century Spanish Gallion other than the stars and dead reckoning into tera incognito and see how well you do.

Columbus is a fascinating man and the more you strip away the mythologies about him the more interesting he is.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (10-22-2021)

11. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    It’s ironic that Columbus supporters and detractors know Jack shit about the man. There is no question he was a great explorer and admiral. Is he solely responsible for what happened to the indigenous peoples in the Americas? Hell no. Has he been mythologized so most folks don’t know the facts about the man? Hell yes.

Columbus was a great man. Yes he was. Does he deserve more credit for the Discovery of The America’s more than the Norse explorers and settlers? Absolutely. The Norse explorers came to North America. Set up a camp for a short period of time, left and never told anyone about their discovery and soon forgot about it. Columbus went there, came back, published his discovery and provided navigational charts on how to get there and, unlike the Norse explorers changed the course of history.

My reading on many of the detractors of Columbus either are sourcing their views from unreliable tertiary sources who wrote about the man, after his death, from people who had based their comments on conversations Columbus had with others and never even met the man. Others quote mistranslation or out of context comments attributed to Columbus by tertiary sources.

There was a debate here in Columbus back in the 90’s with detractors wanting to change the name of our city. Fortunately we have some great historians at our University and they set the record straight on Columbus. As one historian stated, you try crossing the Atlantic in a 15th century Spanish Gallion other than the stars and dead reckoning into tera incognito and see how well you do.

Columbus is a fascinating man and the more you strip away the mythologies about him the more interesting he is.
    The reason Columbus is more important than Erikson is that he made his findings available to the European world. It is entirely in that sense that he "discovered" America, and Erikson did not, despite progs being retarded about America being discovered at all.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (10-24-2021)

13. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,343 Times in 8,501 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,704 Times in 2,509 Posts

The reason Columbus is more important than Erikson is that he made his findings available to the European world. It is entirely in that sense that he "discovered" America, and Erikson did not, despite progs being retarded about America being discovered at all.
    I actually sort of agree with Gin.

Obviously, the Native Americans discovered the Americas. Lief Erikson also discovered a route from Europe to the Americas. The Inuits(Eskimos) regularly traveled back and forth from Asia to Alaska. It is now being proven that the Italians knew about the Americas a century before Columbus.

And actually Columbus never agreed that he discovered the Americas. He argued until his death that the Americas did not exist. He argued that he had traveled to Asia. America was named after Amerigo Vespucci, because he was willing to state that it was not Asia, and therefore deserved a new name... His first name.

What Columbus did was open up regular travel between the Americas and Europe, and that travel has been going to this day.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Walt For This Post:

Minister of Truth (10-21-2021), ThatOwlWoman (10-23-2021)

15. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,634 Times in 9,300 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    I actually sort of agree with Gin.

Obviously, the Native Americans discovered the Americas. Lief Erikson also discovered a route from Europe to the Americas. The Inuits(Eskimos) regularly traveled back and forth from Asia to Alaska. It is now being proven that the Italians knew about the Americas a century before Columbus.

And actually Columbus never agreed that he discovered the Americas. He argued until his death that the Americas did not exist. He argued that he had traveled to Asia. America was named after Amerigo Vespucci, because he was willing to state that it was not Asia, and therefore deserved a new name... His first name.

What Columbus did was open up regular travel between the Americas and Europe, and that travel has been going to this day.
    He opened up genocide to native Americans
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mason Michaels For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (10-23-2021)

17. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

18. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

They should have taken their smallpox vaccines.
    The Ugly American
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.

19. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

20. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Anyone who whines about genocide, but refuses to get the fuck out of this hemisphere, has no historical peers when it comes to massive fucking hypocrisy.
    800px-Michelangelo_Fall_and_Expulsion_from_Garden_of_Eden_00-720x350 (2)_1.jpg
    Holy Toledo I was here first
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.