Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: DC Mayor Addresses How High School Grads All Got Diplomas Without Meeting Requirement

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,232 Times in 3,450 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,212 Times in 1,887 Posts

Default DC Mayor Addresses How High School Grads All Got Diplomas Without Meeting Requirement

98% black. That average IQ of 68 is a killer.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortne...andal-n2435228

jan 16 2018 Residents in Washington, D.C. are still baffled over how every single student at Ballou High School got their diploma, despite many of them not even showing up to class.

It wasn't just one school. Students across the city graduated despite having missed more than 30 days of school in a single course, findings from the D.C. Office of the State Superintendent investigation found. The investigation is still ongoing, but parents' demand for answers prompted city officials to share some initial findings.

The city wide audit came after an initial investigation by WAMU and NPR at Ballou, in which they discovered a high rate of unexcused absences.

An investigation by WAMU and NPR has found that Ballou High School's administration graduated dozens of students despite high rates of unexcused absences. We reviewed hundreds of pages of Ballou's attendance records, class rosters and emails after a district employee shared the private documents. Half of the graduates missed more than three months of school last year, unexcused. One in five students was absent more than present — missing more than 90 days of school.

To add insult to injury, the majority of Ballou’s 2017 graduates missed more than six weeks of school. One teacher recalls seeing kids in the 12th grade that couldn't read and write.

D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser tried to answer those questions at a press conference Tuesday.

“Our biggest responsibility is knowing that showing up half the time doesn’t work anywhere in life,” she said. "The huge investments we have made in our schools only work if students are sitting in the seats."
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

In all fairness, the teachers probably would have preferred them not being there and graduating them was a way to insure they wouldn't have to deal with them ever again.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,232 Times in 3,450 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,212 Times in 1,887 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    In all fairness, the teachers probably would have preferred them not being there and graduating them was a way to insure they wouldn't have to deal with them ever again.
    HAHAHA.. You call that fairness.??? By handing out false diplomas you make all diplomas worthless and that is unfair to the white and asian kids who actually earned theirs. THINK
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Text Drivers are Killers View Post
    HAHAHA.. You call that fairness.??? By handing out false diplomas you make all diplomas worthless and that is unfair to the white and asian kids who actually earned theirs. THINK
    They are worthless whether you earn them or not. That is what happens when you THINK.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

The participation trophy mentality.

Believe it or not, they and society will have to deal with many of them again. A piece of paper that says "Diploma" doesn't keep someone getting in this manner from being a piece of shit in life.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 16 Times in 16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Text Drivers are Killers View Post
    High school diplomas are worthless anyway as public education in this country is a complete fucking joke. All it does is teach you to memorize useless facts and regurgitate them on standardized tests.
    “I was not born to be forced. I will breathe after my own fashion. Let us see who is the strongest.” - Henry David Thoreau

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by TrippyHippy View Post
    High school diplomas are worthless anyway as public education in this country is a complete fucking joke. All it does is teach you to memorize useless facts and regurgitate them on standardized tests.
    Yet your fellow lefties keep pushing and pushing for more money to go to, wait for it, public education.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Yet your fellow lefties keep pushing and pushing for more money to go to, wait for it, public education.
    I don't remember ever pushing for that.
    “I was not born to be forced. I will breathe after my own fashion. Let us see who is the strongest.” - Henry David Thoreau

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I don't remember ever pushing for that.
    How convenient. Next thing you'll say is you don't remember pushing for legalizing marijuana. That's what being a pothead will do for you.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

I Predict .....

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    I Predict .....
    What's your prediction this time Buckley? What's the 2018 surprise?

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

How convenient.
    Feel free to quote the post where I pushed for free public education. I'll wait.

Next thing you'll say is you don't remember pushing for legalizing marijuana. That's what being a pothead will do for you.
    This next joint I light up will be in your honor, buddy.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Feel free to quote the post where I pushed for free public education. I'll wait.

This next joint I light up will be in your honor, buddy.
    A left winger that doesn't support public education? That will be the day.

Here's your chance. Are you saying less money should go to public education?

The next time you light up you will dishonor yourself.

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The participation trophy mentality.

Believe it or not, they and society will have to deal with many of them again. A piece of paper that says "Diploma" doesn't keep someone getting in this manner from being a piece of shit in life.
    Some people are lost causes. Failing them won't make them any less pieces of shit. At least the school system will be rid of them. Not everyone can be saved.

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Some people are lost causes. Failing them won't make them any less pieces of shit. At least the school system will be rid of them. Not everyone can be saved.
    Passing them without having done what is necessary won't make them less of a piece of shit either. That's the point of my reference to a piece of paper being meaningless unless you actually did something worthwhile to deserve what it says you received.

I agree that not everyone can be saved. The logical question is why, when the ones that have indicated they can't or don't want to be, do we still waste money trying? I'm all for giving me chances. However, at some point, when they've shown they aren't interested, we should stop wasting the efforts, time, and money.