Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Do you want to know what Small hands spiritual adviser wants from you good Christians

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jbander View Post
    First I didn't say that the bible is wrong , so you are started ass backwards. second I don't believe in the old testament being law after the death of Christ. I believe in what Jesus said and did. Christ Death Or at the last supper the New covenant put Jesus will into effect. So his actions and his words are all that there is. And you people need the old testament because the new testament isn't ugly and fire and brimstone as the old testament. I would never and will not do what the Nazi party would ask of me, nor would I do anything that your scum bag leader would ask of me. Jesus wouldn't either.
    Do you "really" believe in what Jesus said and done? Really? But you reject the words coming directly from a hand picked apostle of the Christ? Really

Right....The Book of Romans is in the "Old Testament". Got ya. His Words? You mean words such as these when He (Jesus) was instructing His hand picked Apostles? "All authority has been given unto ME (Jesus) in heaven and on earth. Go ye therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, The Son, and of the Holy Spirit: (Get ready for Jesus's instructions to His Apostles...He said it, not I) TEACHING THEM TO OBSERVE ALL THINGS WHATSOEVER I COMMANDED YOU; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the world." -- Matthew 28:18-20

In other words when the Apostles speak...they speak by the authority of Christ Jesus. What were they to teach? All things commanded by the Christ. Thus, the authority of the Apostle, all the Apostles is unquestioned as Jesus just stated that He was given all authority in Heaven and on Earth. The words of the apostles as recorded are by proxy of Christ's authority...the words of Jesus.

Need more words from Jesus? "Verily, I say unto you (who? He was instructing the apostles) what soever ye shall bind (authorize/command/make law) SHALL BE BOUND IN HEAVEN: and what things ye shall lose (allow) on earth shall be loosed in heaven." -- Matthew 18:18

More? "Being built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Himself being the chief cornerstone." -- Eph. 2:20

And just what portion of the Old Law was "I" representing that was not carried forth into the New Covenant of Christ Jesus? Book, Chapter and Verse..please. Clearly you are ignorant of the scriptures and the authority of those Jesus charged with carrying on His teachings after His death, burial and resurrection....every word recorded in scripture is Inspired via the Holy Spirit of God....God breathed.

As far as the Old Law it is still just as valuable today as it was 5000 years ago.....the Old Law is to be used as a spiritual road map to lead people to the Christ, to be used as a book of instruction that those living under the New Testament Covenant of Christ Jesus do not make the same mistakes as those who lived under the law....for the LAW (old testament law) did not have the authority to forgive sin.

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,287 Times in 10,486 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,908 Times in 4,224 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Do you "really" believe in what Jesus said and done? Really? But you reject the words coming directly from a hand picked apostle of the Christ? Really

Right....The Book of Romans is in the "Old Testament". Got ya. His Words? You mean words such as these when He (Jesus) was instructing His hand picked Apostles? "All authority has been given unto ME (Jesus) in heaven and on earth. Go ye therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, The Son, and of the Holy Spirit: (Get ready for Jesus's instructions to His Apostles...He said it, not I) TEACHING THEM TO OBSERVE ALL THINGS WHATSOEVER I COMMANDED YOU; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the world." -- Matthew 28:18-20

In other words when the Apostles speak...they speak by the authority of Christ Jesus. What were they to teach? All things commanded by the Christ. Thus, the authority of the Apostle, all the Apostles is unquestioned as Jesus just stated that He was given all authority in Heaven and on Earth. The words of the apostles as recorded are by proxy of Christ's authority...the words of Jesus.

Need more words from Jesus? "Verily, I say unto you (who? He was instructing the apostles) what soever ye shall bind (authorize/command/make law) SHALL BE BOUND IN HEAVEN: and what things ye shall lose (allow) on earth shall be loosed in heaven." -- Matthew 18:18

More? "Being built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Himself being the chief cornerstone." -- Eph. 2:20

And just what portion of the Old Law was "I" representing that was not carried forth into the New Covenant of Christ Jesus? Book, Chapter and Verse..please. Clearly you are ignorant of the scriptures and the authority of those Jesus charged with carrying on His teachings after His death, burial and resurrection....every word recorded in scripture is Inspired via the Holy Spirit of God....God breathed.

As far as the Old Law it is still just as valuable today as it was 5000 years ago.....the Old Law is to be used as a spiritual road map to lead people to the Christ, to be used as a book of instruction that those living under the New Testament Covenant of Christ Jesus do not make the same mistakes as those who lived under the law....for the LAW (old testament law) did not have the authority to forgive sin.
    “The Bible is the word of God"
    "How can you be sure it's the word of God?"
    "Because the Bible tells us so"
    "Why believe the Bible?
    "The Bible is infallible"
    "How do you know it's infallible?"...

(Return to top)

3. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    “The Bible is the word of God"
    "How can you be sure it's the word of God?"
    "Because the Bible tells us so"
    "Why believe the Bible?
    "The Bible is infallible"
    "How do you know it's infallible?"...

(Return to top)
    Same "parroted" shopping list from the web that has been debunked ad nauseam....your ass has been kicked with this list previously. Got anything new under the sun? Of course you don't.....you are not intelligent enough to project any thought from your own mind. Thus, just like all pseudos you pretend this belongs to you and represents something it does not...truth. If you want your answers there is an "archives" function on this site.

4. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,287 Times in 10,486 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,908 Times in 4,224 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Same "parroted" shopping list from the web that has been debunked ad nauseam....your ass has been kicked with this list previously. Got anything new under the sun? Of course you don't.....you are not intelligent enough to project any thought from your own mind. Thus, just like all pseudos you pretend this belongs to you and represents something it does not...truth. If you want your answers there is an "archives" function on this site.
    Round and round he goes, where he stops, everyone knows.

5. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    Round and round he goes, where he stops, everyone knows.
    Exactly.....what? No Rabbit Hole there?

6. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,786 Times in 17,240 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,593 Times in 4,271 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    My preacher doesn't live in a mansion nor is what anyone would call wealthy. So much for what you think.
    Do you think that proves anything? http://dustoffthebible.com/Blog-arch...make-all-year/ ? Do you know an incident does not disprove a rule? Stay home and save the money. Spend your time living your life as you think "god" wants. Spend the time with your family. Much better.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-20-2018)

8. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Do you think that proves anything? http://dustoffthebible.com/Blog-arch...make-all-year/ ? Do you know an incident does not disprove a rule? Stay home and save the money. Spend your time living your life as you think "god" wants. Spend the time with your family. Much better.
    It disproves the general statement made that preachers lives in mansions and are wealthy.

The rare examples you religion hates provide aren't the rule.

I do spend time with my family. We do it at church quite often listening to a preacher that isn't what you would call wealthy nor lives in a mansion.