Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Do you want to know what Small hands spiritual adviser wants from you good Christians

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,429 Times in 53,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    God's Word is free, but somebody has to put in the lights and plumbing.
    Of course. I don't think that many begrudge a minister, rabbi, iman, etc. from accepting a salary and/or a home as well in return for their service. What most of us don't care for, on the other hand, are those mega-church charlatans fleecing their flocks -- and us taxpayers as well -- with their tax-free millions in donations, multi-million homes with an accompanying lavish lifestyle.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Cypress (01-15-2018)

3. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
    I agree, the majority of ministers I have met are genuinely sincere and kind people who do good works with their religion. Our poster leaningright is a minister who I think is an example of a genuinely good man, although a bit misguided on Trump
    Maybe we can save him! lol

I didn't know that he was a minister; he's one of the few remaining cons here I don't have on the Wall of Ignoring.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Phantasmal (01-15-2018)

5. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Prima Facie evidences. Beats the hell out of the circular reasoning behind your Darwinian Cultist reasoning based upon the magic of the Universe creating itself from nothing. If not....explain where the Cause of the effect known as the Physical Universe came from. I shall be awaiting your objective evidence derived via the scientific method since you are the one claiming to be working with SCIENCE. Prove it.

You can't....you've had your ass handed to you so many times previously when you attempt to argue against the Scriptures when you parrot information from other idiots because you are not intelligent enough to articulate your own position. The archives are filled with your ass kickings...in fact so many times you run when ever I post. Your ass must be healing a little.

6. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Prima Facie evidences. Beats the hell out of the circular reasoning behind your Darwinian Cultist reasoning based upon the magic of the Universe creating itself from nothing. If not....explain where the Cause of the effect known as the Physical Universe came from. I shall be awaiting your objective evidence derived via the scientific method since you are the one claiming to be working with SCIENCE. Prove it.

You can't....you've had your ass handed to you so many times previously when you attempt to argue against the Scriptures when you parrot information from other idiots because you are not intelligent enough to articulate your own position. The archives are filled with your ass kickings...in fact so many times you run when ever I post. Your ass must be healing a little.
    How very Christian of you. I'm convinced. Convinced, that is, that your faith isn't the right one for me or anyone else with a conscience, empathy, compassion, intelligence, and a heart that desires to know the divine.

7. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 130 Times in 122 Posts

The reality of what the Scriptures say about supporting Government and being a Christian? It has nothing to do with money....but the responsibility of all those professing to be Christians.

1st... The Apostle Paul (a hand picked Apostle, appointed by the Christ) made it known that ALL GOVERNMENTS, pagan or not...exist by the authority of God.....and all Christians are commanded to be subject to those common laws of the land,

"Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities (so much for those fake Christians that claim Trump is not their president). For there is no authority except from God, and THE AUTHORITIES THAT EXIST ARE APPOINTED BY GOD. Therefore WHOEVER resists (breaks the law of the land...etc.,) the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment upon themselves." -- Romans 13:1-2

In fact during the time of Christ upon earth and shortly after there were several examples of Christians actually working in government positions of authority. Example "Zacchaeus" was a tax collector (Luke: 19-2), even when he repented of his sinful life there is no evidence that he quit his job after he became a Christian (Luke 19:8-10). There are other examples of individual Christians serving in Caesar's government, "All saints greet you, especially those of Caesar's household." -- Phil. 4:22

Not to mention the very first gentile covert to become a Christian was a Roman Commander, a soldier in Caesar's Army....Cornelius (Acts 10). Another example of a so called Pagan being called to serve the Lord ....the Ethiopian eunuch who severed the queen of Ethiopia directly as a tax collector...and came to Jerusalem to worship the Lord (Acts 8:27).

But...back to content of the Word of God and how a Christian is to obey the government appointed over him/her. Its clear that Christians are not forbidden to serve in a government position. Then the Apostle has a warning against anyone that does not obey that government, "For he (government authority as per the context) is GOD'S MINISTER UNTO YOU FOR GOOD. But if you do evil, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain (a reference to having God's authority to administer the DEATH PENALTY when required).....FOR HE IS GOD'S MINISTER, AND AVENGER TO EXECUTE WRATH ON HIM WHO PRACTICES EVIL." -- Romans 13:4

Why does God allow the government to seek revenge in order to defend even Christians against evil? Because the Christian is indeed forbidden to seek revenge and take the law into his own hands (there is a difference between revenge and self defense)....Vengeance belongs to God...not the Christian (Romans 12:19)

This revelation proves that God allows the death penalty...for God is the one that instigated the penalty of death for those who engaged in acts of evil against his fellow man....in particularly the spilling of innocent blood (Genesis 9:5-6)

The direct words of Christ as revealed in the scripture proves that ALL GOVERNMENTS exist by the authority of God. "Then Pilate said to Him (Jesus)....Are you speaking to me? Do you know that I have power to crucify You, and power to release You? Jesus answered, You could have no power at all against Me unless it had been given to you from above. Therefore the one that delivered Me has the greater sin. (referring to His innocence)" -- John 19: 10-11.

The question then is the fact of those attempting to accuse the President of something that has not happened. Just when did Mr. Trump demand of those who supported him to Send Money to this woman? Document it. If not.....this thread contains nothing but ignorance to the truth found in the actual text of the Word of God...and Gossip instigated by those attempting to reject the authority of the duly elected and appointed Government authority known as President Donald J. Trump.
    Funny , what a pile of crap, my government tells me to kill someone , I won't nor should I, as a Christian. This pretend Christian Minister who is a advisor to scum bag himself, isn't the end of the story but just a small part of the story but it is very significant part, showing you, the nuts and the goofball he has surrounded himself with , because they will do what ever he wants. This man is the lowest level of mankind and is this countries biggest threat by far. If you say that all those things listed in the bible are telling you to honor your government and do as they tell you to do, then the bible wrong but they don't mean what you want them to, hell I have more common sense then that . I would have never done what the Nazi party told me to do. as a example. and I would never do what your scum bag president told me to do, for the same reason, because I'm a Christian and he is a pagan.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jbander For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-15-2018)

9. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,978 Times in 32,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jbander View Post
    Funny , what a pile of crap, my government tells me to kill someone , I won't nor should I, as a Christian. This pretend Christian Minister who is a advisor to scum bag himself, isn't the end of the story but just a small part of the story but it is very significant part, showing you, the nuts and the goofball he has surrounded himself with , because they will do what ever he wants. This man is the lowest level of mankind and is this countries biggest threat by far. If you say that all those things listed in the bible are telling you to honor your government and do as they tell you to do, then the bible wrong but they don't mean what you want them to, hell I have more common sense then that . I would have never done what the Nazi party told me to do. as a example. and I would never do what your scum bag president told me to do, for the same reason, because I'm a Christian and he is a pagan.
    your entire thread has been a waste of time, poorly based and not well argued......

10. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

You are a Christian and claim the Bible is wrong and you are right in judgment because of your political ideology? I see...... Said the blind man.

What? Can't comprehend simple English? The book, chapter and verses were presented.....they read the same for both you and I. As I said, it does not matter what "you" or "I" Think, as the scriptures are not for private interpretation, the prophets of God who recorded the revelations from God have preformed that task.

This is not to say there are not many interpretations today......but its the duty of the Christian to search the scriptures in order to determine the correct interpretation, as the scriptures never contradict other sections of scripture....from Genesis to Revelation.

To get a correct interpretation that is not private interpretation..i.e, (a simple opinion with no objective scriptural information to back it up)...one must go to the source and find every place in scripture where God has addressed the subject matter at hand. You must consider, "....the whole council of God." -- Acts 20:17 on any given subject matter. These passages must be studied IN CONTEXT of the whole passage.

Even in the days of Christ and the Apostles there were some FALSE INTERPRETATIONS, some because people could not understand a certain revelation and some because of outright lies and falsehoods, If these interpretations come from man and are found to contradict the written revelation of God (the Bible)...they must be rejected as not being true doctrine.

Even Paul and Peter were conflicted concerning physical circumcision....Peter taught (as admitted not by divine inspiration that everyone must be physically circumcised in order to become a Christian, just as the Old Law taught)....but Paul (professing to work by divine inspiration on the subject declared that the new method of circumcision was not physical but a spiritual circumcision of the heart not the flesh, and the flesh was cut from your heart..i.e., circumcised when you arose from baptism).

Thus, Peter stood corrected when he was confronted by Paul (Gal. 5:2-4, Eph. 2:11-18)n (Gal. 2:7-10) From thereafter Peter taught to those of the circumcised, who were originally Jews and converted to Christianity...and Paul taught to the gentile, those who were never physically circumcised.

Your Opinion is "moot" when compared to the Word of God when considering Christian Doctrine. All Christian Doctrine comes from one source and has come from one source since the completed New Testament Covenant was recorded by the Saints of the 1st century.

If this is not true...enlighten us, just how does anyone come to accept Christianity as a personal faith...IF FIRST HE/SHE HAS NOT NOT HEARD THE WORD OF GOD? What? Are you born a Christian with an innate Magical faith?

Simply prove that ONE thing that was presented is not contained in the Holy Scriptures.....those were not my WORDS that were presented but the actual content of the Holy Scriptures and to pretend that they are somehow my personal opinion ignores the reality of the obvious.....no one can read a verbatim text and interpret it different without adding or taking away words from the context of the script and that is expressly forbidden as per the actual instructions of how to rightly divide the word of truth....as private interpretation is forbidden. (2 Peter 1:19-21

Its not my problem that you are charged by God if you willfully disobey the laws of the land....its YOUR PROBLEM and as I have no dog in the hunt FOR YOUR SOUL. You are to work out your own salvation....or not. Do as you will...ignore the Holy Scriptures at your own peril, you have FREE WILL. I simply presented the TRUTH as it was written. I do not profess to be the author of one word in the Holy Scriptures I simply present them by Book, Chapter and Verse. If you ignore the source of all Christian faith...the Holy Bible, that's your choice. If you profess to be a Christian and declare the scriptures wrong...then you are a FAKE CHRISTIAN as the words written therein are to judge all peoples. You have no choice, its not your decision. You can live your life as you will but you, just like everyone that came before you...that life is limited, as your were born to die.

There is no PRIVATE INTERPRETATION of scripture. Point one in order to prove the argument that all Christian Doctrine has one source and one source only, the Holy Scriptures. 1. "So then faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God." -- Romans 10:17. Logically speaking just where does the Word of God exist? The same place it has existed over the past 2000 years in the Holy Bible, it don't exist in the mind of man, no one magically Talks to God, as God has no respect of person, thus to communicate with God one must go to the only source available...if you want to comprehend what God has revealed on the subject of Christianity....the Christian Bible..i.e., the New Testament. Again...anyone that tells you that God speaks directly to him/her and that revelation contradicts the actual content of the Word of God.....that person is LYING or has mental health issues...or both.

2. And just as I have done, one must prove what the Bible actually has to say on any topic addressed and claimed to be Christian in nature....the only method to objectively prove that is to present Book, Chapter and Verse.....it reads the same for all parties involved. The Christian is instructed to prove the doctrine he is professing by doing just that.....showing the source of that professed doctrine in the revealed word of God that was presented to the prophets of God, who have been proven to be Prophets of God via the use of Signs and Wonders made possible by God to confirm that a true prophet was speaking. A Christian is to speak in relation to Christian doctrine via speaking the "oracles" (Laws/record) of God -- 1 Peter 4:11 While giving thanks for everything to the Lord -- Col. 3:17

Show me today, ONE TRUE PROPHET OF GOD that proves he/she is speaking to God via some other method than reading the scriptures.....by backing up what they are saying by signs and wonders (miracles)...you cannot because there are no modern day miracles (to prove new information from God) as the need has ceased when The entire Word of God was completed in the 1st century by the saints. -- Jude 3. Which (the saints of the 1st century)have given us (the people of the world) everything needed pertaining to salvation and godliness.

11. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    The problem is they take the one they may know or have heard of and apply that to all of them.

I don't fill the negative side. I apply it positively and I'm positive you have no clue about it.
    a Quote from CFM literally only two above this comment of his. --"My preacher doesn't live in a mansion nor is what anyone would call wealthy. So much for what you think." HE deriding me for using my one example charge that all are that way , which I'm not but he is charging that his one example proves that they are all Rightist dudes . You can't make this crap up. Look at his responce to my comment above ,post 8

12. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

a Quote from CFM literally only two above this comment of his. --"My preacher doesn't live in a mansion nor is what anyone would call wealthy. So much for what you think." HE deriding me for using my one example charge that all are that way , which I'm not but he is charging that his one example proves that they are all Rightist dudes . You can't make this crap up. Look at his responce to my comment above ,post 8
    Not my fault you presented it as all preachers using the example as if it applies to all of them. Don't step back from your statement now, boy. It's embarrassing for you.

13. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

HE deriding me for using my one example charge that all are that way , which I'm not
    actually, your examples aren't even that numerable......have you already forgotten that we've shown your OP to be pure fiction?......

14. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    your entire thread has been a waste of time, poorly based and not well argued......
    Funny

15. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You are a Christian and claim the Bible is wrong and you are right in judgment because of your political ideology? I see...... Said the blind man.

What? Can't comprehend simple English? The book, chapter and verses were presented.....they read the same for both you and I. As I said, it does not matter what "you" or "I" Think, as the scriptures are not for private interpretation, the prophets of God who recorded the revelations from God have preformed that task.

This is not to say there are not many interpretations today......but its the duty of the Christian to search the scriptures in order to determine the correct interpretation, as the scriptures never contradict other sections of scripture....from Genesis to Revelation.

To get a correct interpretation that is not private interpretation..i.e, (a simple opinion with no objective scriptural information to back it up)...one must go to the source and find every place in scripture where God has addressed the subject matter at hand. You must consider, "....the whole council of God." -- Acts 20:17 on any given subject matter. These passages must be studied IN CONTEXT of the whole passage.

Even in the days of Christ and the Apostles there were some FALSE INTERPRETATIONS, some because people could not understand a certain revelation and some because of outright lies and falsehoods, If these interpretations come from man and are found to contradict the written revelation of God (the Bible)...they must be rejected as not being true doctrine.

Even Paul and Peter were conflicted concerning physical circumcision....Peter taught (as admitted not by divine inspiration that everyone must be physically circumcised in order to become a Christian, just as the Old Law taught)....but Paul (professing to work by divine inspiration on the subject declared that the new method of circumcision was not physical but a spiritual circumcision of the heart not the flesh, and the flesh was cut from your heart..i.e., circumcised when you arose from baptism).

Thus, Peter stood corrected when he was confronted by Paul (Gal. 5:2-4, Eph. 2:11-18)n (Gal. 2:7-10) From thereafter Peter taught to those of the circumcised, who were originally Jews and converted to Christianity...and Paul taught to the gentile, those who were never physically circumcised.

Your Opinion is "moot" when compared to the Word of God when considering Christian Doctrine. All Christian Doctrine comes from one source and has come from one source since the completed New Testament Covenant was recorded by the Saints of the 1st century.

If this is not true...enlighten us, just how does anyone come to accept Christianity as a personal faith...IF FIRST HE/SHE HAS NOT NOT HEARD THE WORD OF GOD? What? Are you born a Christian with an innate Magical faith?

Simply prove that ONE thing that was presented is not contained in the Holy Scriptures.....those were not my WORDS that were presented but the actual content of the Holy Scriptures and to pretend that they are somehow my personal opinion ignores the reality of the obvious.....no one can read a verbatim text and interpret it different without adding or taking away words from the context of the script and that is expressly forbidden as per the actual instructions of how to rightly divide the word of truth....as private interpretation is forbidden. (2 Peter 1:19-21

Its not my problem that you are charged by God if you willfully disobey the laws of the land....its YOUR PROBLEM and as I have no dog in the hunt FOR YOUR SOUL. You are to work out your own salvation....or not. Do as you will...ignore the Holy Scriptures at your own peril, you have FREE WILL. I simply presented the TRUTH as it was written. I do not profess to be the author of one word in the Holy Scriptures I simply present them by Book, Chapter and Verse. If you ignore the source of all Christian faith...the Holy Bible, that's your choice. If you profess to be a Christian and declare the scriptures wrong...then you are a FAKE CHRISTIAN as the words written therein are to judge all peoples. You have no choice, its not your decision. You can live your life as you will but you, just like everyone that came before you...that life is limited, as your were born to die.

There is no PRIVATE INTERPRETATION of scripture. Point one in order to prove the argument that all Christian Doctrine has one source and one source only, the Holy Scriptures. 1. "So then faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God." -- Romans 10:17. Logically speaking just where does the Word of God exist? The same place it has existed over the past 2000 years in the Holy Bible, it don't exist in the mind of man, no one magically Talks to God, as God has no respect of person, thus to communicate with God one must go to the only source available...if you want to comprehend what God has revealed on the subject of Christianity....the Christian Bible..i.e., the New Testament. Again...anyone that tells you that God speaks directly to him/her and that revelation contradicts the actual content of the Word of God.....that person is LYING or has mental health issues...or both.

2. And just as I have done, one must prove what the Bible actually has to say on any topic addressed and claimed to be Christian in nature....the only method to objectively prove that is to present Book, Chapter and Verse.....it reads the same for all parties involved. The Christian is instructed to prove the doctrine he is professing by doing just that.....showing the source of that professed doctrine in the revealed word of God that was presented to the prophets of God, who have been proven to be Prophets of God via the use of Signs and Wonders made possible by God to confirm that a true prophet was speaking. A Christian is to speak in relation to Christian doctrine via speaking the "oracles" (Laws/record) of God -- 1 Peter 4:11 While giving thanks for everything to the Lord -- Col. 3:17

Show me today, ONE TRUE PROPHET OF GOD that proves he/she is speaking to God via some other method than reading the scriptures.....by backing up what they are saying by signs and wonders (miracles)...you cannot because there are no modern day miracles (to prove new information from God) as the need has ceased when The entire Word of God was completed in the 1st century by the saints. -- Jude 3. Which (the saints of the 1st century)have given us (the people of the world) everything needed pertaining to salvation and godliness.
    First I didn't say that the bible is wrong , so you are started ass backwards. second I don't believe in the old testament being law after the death of Christ. I believe in what Jesus said and did. Christ Death Or at the last supper the New covenant put Jesus will into effect. So his actions and his words are all that there is. And you people need the old testament because the new testament isn't ugly and fire and brimstone as the old testament. I would never and will not do what the Nazi party would ask of me, nor would I do anything that your scum bag leader would ask of me. Jesus wouldn't either.

16. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Not my fault you presented it as all preachers using the example as if it applies to all of them. Don't step back from your statement now, boy. It's embarrassing for you.
    I'll show you how a lie is created by the right. His quote "My preacher doesn't live in a mansion nor is what anyone would call wealthy. So much for what you think." Can anyone see how my post is saying all preachers are anything Good, Bad , indifferent. Here is what he is responding to "The point is many here do know preachers who do. I'm in no way arguing against being a Christian, it's when you get to the church level then it always seems to be Their ideology and not the bibles. You can find a quote in the bible that will support just about anything you want or need to fill the negative side of your being. Same with the Koran. But in both cases that's not the real message." Can anyone at all see me saying that preacher are all the same. or all inclusive in my comment. That is how the right builds their lies , now that he has said it , it is now gospel to all of them even though it is 100% lie.

17. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I'll show you how a lie is created by the right. His quote "My preacher doesn't live in a mansion nor is what anyone would call wealthy. So much for what you think." Can anyone see how my post is saying all preachers are anything Good, Bad , indifferent. Here is what he is responding to "The point is many here do know preachers who do. I'm in no way arguing against being a Christian, it's when you get to the church level then it always seems to be Their ideology and not the bibles. You can find a quote in the bible that will support just about anything you want or need to fill the negative side of your being. Same with the Koran. But in both cases that's not the real message." Can anyone at all see me saying that preacher are all the same. or all inclusive in my comment. That is how the right builds their lies , now that he has said it , it is now gospel to all of them even though it is 100% lie.
    nice, but that isn't what you've said......you opened with an outright lie about what White said, then tried to paint your lie over "many" preachers......

18. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

You started out with a lie and not, in typical atheist fashion, try to turn it on someone else.

I can find what the Bible says about lying. If you deem that as negative, you should. God does.