1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Default FBI launches new Clinton Foundation investigation

By John Solomon - 01/04/18 08:35 PM EST
    http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...-investigation

The Justice Department has launched a new inquiry into whether the Clinton Foundation engaged in any pay-to-play politics or other illegal activities while Hillary Clinton served as Secretary of State, law enforcement officials and a witness tells The Hill.

FBI agents from Little Rock, Ark., where the Foundation was started, have taken the lead in the investigation and have interviewed at least one witness in the last month, and law enforcement officials said additional activities are expected in coming weeks.

The officials, who spoke only on condition of anonymity, said the probe is examining whether the Clintons promised or performed any policy favors in return for largesse to their charitable efforts or whether donors made commitments of donations in hopes of securing government outcomes.

The probe may also examine whether any tax-exempt assets were converted for personal or political use and whether the Foundation complied with applicable tax laws, the officials said.
    One witness recently interviewed by the FBI described the session to The Hill as “extremely professional and unquestionably thorough” and focused on questions about whether donors to Clinton charitable efforts received any favorable treatment from the Obama administration on a policy decision previously highlighted in media reports.

The witness discussed his interview solely on the grounds of anonymity. He said the agents were from Little Rock and their questions focused on government decisions and discussions of donations to Clinton entities during the time Hillary Clinton led President Obama's State Department.

The FBI office in Little Rock referred a reporter Thursday to Washington headquarters, where officials declined any official comment.

Nick Merrill, a spokesman for Hillary Clinton, and Craig Minassian, a spokesman for the Foundation, did not immediately return calls or emails seeking comment Thursday evening. But the Foundation and Merrill have previously told The Hill that the Clintons never traded any government policy decisions for donations and that the continued focus on the issue was solely designed as a conservative distraction from President Trump's Russia election probe.

Former Clinton White House aide Bruce Lindsey, who oversees the Foundation, also did not respond immediately to an email seeking comment.

The Wall Street Journal reported late last year that several FBI field offices, including the one in Little Rock, had been collecting information on the Clinton Foundation for more than a year. The report also said there had been pushback to the FBI from the Justice Department.

A renewed law enforcement focus follows a promise to Congress late last year from top Trump Justice Department officials that law enforcement would revisit some of the investigations and legal issues closed during the Obama years that conservatives felt were given short shrift. It also follows months of relentless criticism on Twitter from President Trump, who has repeatedly questioned why no criminal charges were ever filed against the “crooked” Clintons and their fund-raising machine.

For years, news media from the New York Times to The Daily Caller have reported countless stories on donations to the Clinton Foundation or speech fees that closely fell around the time of favorable decisions by Hillary Clinton's State Department. Conservative author Peter Schweizer chronicled the most famous of episodes in a book called Clinton Cash that gave ammunition to conservatives, including Trump, to beat the drum for renewed investigation.

Several GOP members of Congress have recently urged Attorney General Jeff Sessions to appoint a special counsel to look at the myriad of issues surrounding the Clintons. Justice officials sent a letter to Congress in November suggesting some of those issues were being re-examined, but Sessions later testified the appointment of a special prosecutor required a high legal bar that had not yet been met.

Officials also said the Justice Department was re-examining whether there are any unresolved issues from the closed case into Hillary Clinton's transmission of classified information through her personal email server. Former FBI Director James Comey in 2016 concluded Clinton was “extremely careless” in handling that classified information and that there was some evidence of legal violations but he declined to recommend charges on the grounds that he could not improve Clinton and her top aides intended to break the law.

His decision was roundly criticized by Republicans, and recent revelations that his statement was watered down by edits and that he made the decision before all witness interviews were finished have led to renewed criticism.

A senior law enforcement official said Justice was exploring whether any issues from that probe should be re-opened but cautioned the effort was not at the stage of a full investigation.

One challenge for any Clinton-era investigation is that the statute of limitations on most federal felonies is five years and Clinton left office in early 2013.
    Last edited by Stretch; 01-04-2018 at 09:40 PM.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

renewed law enforcement focus follows a promise to Congress late last year from top Trump Justice Department officials that law enforcement would revisit some of the investigations and legal issues closed during the Obama years that conservatives felt were given short shrift.

For years, news media from the New York Times to The Daily Caller have reported countless stories on donations to the Clinton Foundation or speech fees that closely fell around the time of favorable decisions by Hillary Clinton's State Department. Conservative author Peter Schweizer chronicled the most famous of episodes in a book called Clinton Cash that gave ammunition to conservatives, including Trump, to beat the drum for renewed investigation.

Officials also said the Justice Department was re-examining whether there are any unresolved issues from the closed case into Hillary Clinton's transmission of classified information through her personal email server. Former FBI Director James Comey in 2016 concluded Clinton was “extremely careless” in handling that classified information and that there was some evidence of legal violations but he declined to recommend charges on the grounds that he could not improve Clinton and her top aides intended to break the law.
    I don't care about Clinton herself, but I want to know why the FBI's Email investigation was done by a corrupt process.

The Clinton Foundation investigation never really ended ..

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-05-2018), Stretch (01-04-2018)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'll take whatever I can get on her.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,969 Times in 32,284 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

what fun!

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    what fun!
    CM9Vk66WIAAyzE8.jpg
    pain in abortion.

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

pain in abortion.

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    I'll take whatever I can get on her.
    i'd rather stop endless investigations/prosecutors/foundations ..both on Trump and Clinton.
    Self investigations and beguiling ourselves is all DC wants to do -but MAGA awaits.

Ya. I get the equal justice under the law..but i'd like to MoveOn from all this Russia/elections afterwards
    ++

*end rant*

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 114 Posts

I would that all these blabbermouth agents would keep their damned mouths shut until thy have a genuine indictment on that nasty bitch. by blabbing, they are wrecking the case. it must be the easiest way in the world to prevent that bitch's lawful death sentence execution. all they have to do is continue "disclosing information under anonymity". if the damned swampstate was not so organized, that nasty bitch and ten thousand others would be well decomposed by now. lawfully.
    Even so, Come, Lord Jesus
    I do not participate in delusion count me out

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    i'd rather stop endless investigations/prosecutors/foundations ..both on Trump and Clinton.
    Self investigations and beguiling ourselves is all DC wants to do -but MAGA awaits.

Ya. I get the equal justice under the law..but i'd like to MoveOn from all this Russia/elections afterwards
    ++

*end rant*
    I get it. Trump's doing a great job with MAGA despite all the Clinton and Russia woes. He forges on and seems to multi task with plenty of energy. I'm fine with Trump pressing forward and letting all the attorneys, DOJ, FBI, etc, do their thing with going after Clinton. It's time for decades of chickens to come home to roost in the Hillary hen house.
    pain in abortion.

11. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I get it. Trump's doing a great job with MAGA despite all the Clinton and Russia woes. He forges on and seems to multi task with plenty of energy. I'm fine with Trump pressing forward and letting all the attorneys, DOJ, FBI, etc, do their thing with going after Clinton. It's time for decades of chickens to come home to roost in the Hillary hen house.
    true. she certainly has enough bad karma stored up to pay up

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Stretch (01-04-2018)

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

rasticorgian?.....

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Stretch (01-05-2018)

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post

++

*end rant*
    however, America is becoming great again, even while the demmycrats fusticate.....