Members banned from this thread: The Anonymous, PostmodernProphet, Boris The Animal, MAGA MAN, canceled.2021.3, CFM, Cancel 2018.2, Русский агент, PraiseKek, TOP, Eagle_Eye, excommunicated and Tommatthews

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vatican Council and Papal Statements on Islam

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    Why are you so divisive and hateful?
    I think if you treat people with courtesy and respect that is usually what you get in return.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,184 Times in 7,628 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    Thanks for believing in religious freedom.
    I do not do "believing."

If you are thanking me for indicating I respect your right to stick with your own blind guesses about the true nature of the REALITY of existence...rather than accepting someone else's blind guesses...you are welcome.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

kudzu (03-08-2018)

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,126 Times in 9,657 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 503 Times in 476 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    I do not do "believing."

If you are thanking me for indicating I respect your right to stick with your own blind guesses about the true nature of the REALITY of existence...rather than accepting someone else's blind guesses...you are welcome.
    That's called freedom of thought and religion.

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,276 Times in 27,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Good thing I am not inclined to waste time reading the undoubtedly boring ramblings of bigots.

Always worth reminding myself that away from the rightwing bigotry of social misfits and sociopaths on obscure message boards, there is a whole world of progressive Christians, free thinkers, and theological scholars who recognize the fellowship and fraternity of the two religious traditions of Islam and Christianity.

The Presbyterian Church (USA)

"Christians and Muslims"

The nature of the relationship between Christians and Muslims is significant to the whole human family. We have been in contact with one another for more than fourteen centuries. Today both together comprise nearly half the world’s population.

Christians respond to the challenges of our contemporary encounters with Islam through faith in the sovereignty of God over the world. Our search for faithful living must be motivated by a desire to love God, to be obedient to God’s will, and to love neighbors as ourselves—whether they be “neighbors” or “enemies.” Where this may lead and how it will bring new understanding between Christians and Muslims rest in the mercy and grace of God. Both Christians and Muslims are challenged to allow God to guide them into a future free from hatred, free from fear, and directed by hopeful love. The future holds the possibility that in our shared life, Christians and Muslims may faithfully respond to God and realize the peace and justice so desperately needed.

Support the search to promote understanding:

• Get to know and become friends with Muslim neighbors. Plan reciprocal visits, as appropriate.
    • Identify and counteract prejudicial and abusive behavior toward Muslims in your community and our society.
    • Be sensitive to stereotypical characterizations of Islam and Muslims.
    • Consider questions arising from key dialogue issues facing Christians and Muslims.
    • Study about Islam.

Support the search for cooperation:

• Promote relationships and dialogue with Muslims, giving attention to practical, theological, and historical dimensions.
    • Identify common concerns with Muslims. Explore ways to address concerns cooperatively and to engage in joint efforts.

continued
    http://www.pcusa.org/site_media/medi...ansmuslims.pdf

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

christiefan915 (03-13-2018), kudzu (03-13-2018)