Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Clinton Campaign says Obama is a Plagiarist!

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,530 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Clinton Campaign says Obama is a Plagiarist!

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/8570.html

Clinton aide accuses Obama of plagiarism

By: Mike Allen
    Feb 18, 2008 12:03 PM EST

Howard Wolfson, the Clinton campaign's communications director, today accused Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) of committing “plagiarism” in a speech in Milwaukee on Saturday night.

Wolfson made the explosive charge in an interview with Politico after suggesting as much in a conference call with reporters.

On the call, Wolfson said: “Sen. Obama is running on the strength of his rhetoric and the strength of his promises and, as we have seen in the last couple of days, he’s breaking his promises and his rhetoric isn’t his own.”

More at link...
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,630 Times in 874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 39 Times in 33 Posts

And in the end whoever is the nominee will end up damaged by these stupid little squabbles. As Steven Colbert always says, " and the winner of that debate...the Republicans!"

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 71 Times in 64 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post

Howard Wolfson, the Clinton campaign's communications director, today accused Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) of committing “plagiarism” in a speech in Milwaukee on Saturday night.

Wolfson made the explosive charge in an interview with Politico after suggesting as much in a conference call with reporters.

On the call, Wolfson said: “Sen. Obama is running on the strength of his rhetoric and the strength of his promises and, as we have seen in the last couple of days, he’s breaking his promises and his rhetoric isn’t his own.”

More at link...
    They have a point, the stuff is pretty close to word for word. Problem is, the one he took it from, says it's ok, they are friends. He owes her big time!

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Blog Entries

I hope Clinton's campaign keeps up this ticky-tack stuff because it really makes her look desperate and hopeless.
    You Are Not So Smart Podcast - A celebration of Self-Delusion

5. #5 | Top
    TRGLDTE Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDave View Post
    I hope Clinton's campaign keeps up this ticky-tack stuff because it really makes her look desperate and hopeless.
    This should be corrected to read -
    I hope Clinton's campaign keeps up this ticky-tack stuff because it really shows her to be desperate and hopeless.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,225 Times in 2,940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 343 Times in 329 Posts

How stupid. Why didn't you share the most important part of the article, i.e., that the original speaker shares ideas with Obama and has no problem with Obama using the line?
    Leviticus 19:33 And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not do him wrong. 34 The stranger that sojourneth with you shall be unto you as the homeborn among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,225 Times in 2,940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 343 Times in 329 Posts

And in the end whoever is the nominee will end up damaged by these stupid little squabbles. As Steven Colbert always says, " and the winner of that debate...the Republicans!"
    I hope McCain and the Repubs use these same silly attacks.
    Leviticus 19:33 And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not do him wrong. 34 The stranger that sojourneth with you shall be unto you as the homeborn among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,353 Times in 5,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 801 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post

More at link...
    Can't stop laughing. How low will the clowntoons go?

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

this is a little interesting because Duval Patric (our governor) was in Bills administration as Assistant Attorney General but he is also a black man who was endorsed by Kennedy and kerry and has endorsed Obama. They are considered to be friends who both came from a background of civil rights.
    Q: Senator Obama, would you take the same pledge? No tax increases on people under $250,000?

OBAMA: I not only have pledged not to raise their taxes, I've been the first candidate in this race to specifically say I would cut their taxes.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Q: Senator Obama, would you take the same pledge? No tax increases on people under $250,000?

OBAMA: I not only have pledged not to raise their taxes, I've been the first candidate in this race to specifically say I would cut their taxes.

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RStringfield View Post
    How stupid. Why didn't you share the most important part of the article, i.e., that the original speaker shares ideas with Obama and has no problem with Obama using the line?
    M'eh. Because I was just trying to get people to talk so I sought out news stories and posted the first three paragraphs or so.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Desperate and hopeless indeed.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Bill almost looks as if he is TRYING to drown her campaign too.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 623 Times in 562 Posts

wow there as desparate as the moron dorks here with the spell checking

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,630 Times in 874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 39 Times in 33 Posts

Yeah the desperation in the Clinton campaign is getting thick and palpable. Next thing you know they will be telling us that Obama buys all his brooks brothers suits at an outlet mall.