Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Virginia woman killed in 'grisly mauling' by her dogs, cops say

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,697 Times in 16,620 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,438 Times in 1,360 Posts
    Blog Entries

I have to leave for a bit, but I'll be glad to continue the discussion later today, if you like. In the meantime, look up some info on Pits (that is a type of dog, not a breed, btw).

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,638 Times in 9,302 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    I have to leave for a bit, but I'll be glad to continue the discussion later today, if you like. In the meantime, look up some info on Pits (that is a type of dog, not a breed, btw).
    Dog licking time

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,777 Times in 27,251 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    The ppl who think pitbulls are great animal companions are fucked up. The ppl who think that pitbulls are totally awesome animal companions and just like having a huge bunch of guns so you can walk around saying FUCK YOU to people with impunity are even more fucked up.

Poor woman. And poor dumb animals who were probably (hopefully) euthanized.
    its not the breed

its their treatment

Pit bulls are NOT inherently any more dangerous than any large dog

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

In a 2014 literature review of dog bite studies, the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) states that breed is a poor sole predictor of dog bites.[29] Controlled studies do not show pit bulls to be disproportionately dangerous. While pit bull-type dogs are more frequently identified with cases involving very severe injuries or fatalities than other breeds, the review suggests this may relate to the popularity of the breed, noting that sled dogs and Siberian Huskies compose a majority of fatal dog attacks in some areas of Canada.[24]

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Notable pit bulls[edit]
    Pit bull breeds have become famous for their roles as soldiers, police dogs, search and rescue dogs, actors, television personalities, seeing eye dogs, and celebrity pets. The American Staffordshire Terrier, Pete the Pup from the movie Little Rascals is a historically well known pit bull. Lesser known, but still historically notable pit bulls include Billie Holiday's companion "Mister",[76]

Helen Keller's dog "Sir Thomas",[77] Buster Brown's dog "Tige",[78] Horatio Jackson's dog "Bud",[79][80]

President Theodore Roosevelt's Pit Bull terrier "Pete", "Jack Brutus" who served for Company K, the First Connecticut Volunteer Infantry during the civil war,[81]

Sergeant Stubby who served for the 102nd Infantry, 26th (Yankee) Division during World War I, and Sir Walter Scott's "Wasp".[82]

Contemporary significant pit bulls are: Weela, who helped save 32 people, 29 dogs, 3 horses, and 1 cat during southern California's widespread flooding in 1993;

[83] Popsicle, a five-month-old puppy originally found nearly dead in a freezer, who grew to become one of the nation's most important police dogs;[84]

Norton, who was placed in the Purina Animal Hall of Fame after he rescued his owner from a severe reaction to a spider bite;[85]

Titan, who rescued his owner's wife, who would have died from an aneurysm,

D-Boy, who took three bullets to save his family from an intruder with a gun,[86]

Star who while protecting her owner was shot by police in a video that went viral,[87]

and Lilly, who lost a leg after being struck by a freight train while pulling her unconscious owner from the train tracks.[88]

Daddy, Cesar Millan's right-hand dog was famous for his mellow temperament and his ability to interact calmly with ill-mannered dogs.

9. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,014 Times in 8,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

We don't know exactly what the dogs did or why. There is no evidence that the dogs were trained to be aggressive, or neglected or abused.
    That's why the situation is in question.
    I do not believe the dogs attacked her without provocation. That's why I hope they do an investigation. To find out what really happened.
    Do you have any experience working with dogs? Pits or any dogs?
    Why would you think they just attacked the person who loved and raised them? That makes no sense. At all.
    What I got from the article is that 1) she was not actually the owner of the dog's, though she was very familiar with them and they with her and 2) a local veterinarian has questions about the circumstances surrounding what happened and why.

Did her father, the actual owner of the dog's, train them to be aggressive? If so, why? Did he fight them or did he train them as security/guard dogs? What might he have been guarding?

The vet raised the possibility of another animal being involved. She suggests a possible situation in which another animal might have attacked her and the dogs, and they were defending her and themselves. If so, then why would they have attacked her? Is it possible that they encountered another animal that the dogs wanted to go after, but she tried to restrain them, so they turned on her instead?

Either way, if you live a lifestyle that involves such things as dangerous, aggressive dogs and guns and tie it all together under the notion of swaggering conservative "southern pride", it shouldn't be surprising when these incidents occasionally happen.

All in all, I think it likely resulted in one less Trump supporter.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (12-17-2017)

11. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...jailed-7570852

Sent from my Lenovo K8 using Tapatalk

12. The Following User Groans At cancel2 2022 For This Awful Post:

FUCK THE POLICE (12-19-2017)

13. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Cities all over the US are changing the ban laws when it comes to pit bulls. And are adding anti-tethering laws. People are beginning to understand that it's all about responsible ownership when you have a dog.
    But many still don't get it. Groups all over the US are working on that every day...

14. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

You don't have to agree and you don't have to own one. Have you ever had any personal experience with that type of dog? They are not dangerous unless they are trained to be that way, neglected, or abused. But, that's any dog. You realize that, don't you?
    I'm sorry but I disagree. There are stories out there of pit bulls snapping and mauling their owners, family members. The instinct to kill other dogs and animals is common of the breed. Terriers in general are very predatory although not all of them have the capability to do the damage of a pit bull.

15. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    What I got from the article is that 1) she was not actually the owner of the dog's, though she was very familiar with them and they with her and 2) a local veterinarian has questions about the circumstances surrounding what happened and why.

Did her father, the actual owner of the dog's, train them to be aggressive? If so, why? Did he fight them or did he train them as security/guard dogs? What might he have been guarding?

The vet raised the possibility of another animal being involved. She suggests a possible situation in which another animal might have attacked her and the dogs, and they were defending her and themselves. If so, then why would they have attacked her? Is it possible that they encountered another animal that the dogs wanted to go after, but she tried to restrain them, so they turned on her instead?

Either way, if you live a lifestyle that involves such things as dangerous, aggressive dogs and guns and tie it all together under the notion of swaggering conservative "southern pride", it shouldn't be surprising when these incidents occasionally happen.

All in all, I think it likely resulted in one less Trump supporter.
    You don't know squat about those particular dogs other than the rumination of one Barney Fife's 'feelings'. lmao

Again, most dog fighting rings are run by blacks, but you're good with all that. She or whomever owned them probably adopted not knowing their background and the dogs snapped.

16. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trump Diva View Post
    I'm sorry but I disagree. There are stories out there of pit bulls snapping and mauling their owners, family members. The instinct to kill other dogs and animals is common of the breed. Terriers in general are very predatory although not all of them have the capability to do the damage of a pit bull.
    I'm sorry, but I disagree with you.....
    If you find those stories of nipping and mauling, there's always a reason, and it's not the type. Pit Bull is not a breed. And terriers are definitely not the most aggressive breed.
    I know a pit who nipped a child, barely breaking the skin. The family gave up the dog. Guess what was found when the dog was vetted? The child had bitten right through the dog's ear.
    It's all about responsible ownership. If you aren't willing to take on a pet, don't get one.
    Have you ever worked with pits...or any dogs? Do you know a mean dog? There's a reason it's mean. People need to research breeds and types and understand what's going to be necessary to properly raise them. A big majority of people don't do that.
    Trust me on that one.
    Last edited by TOP; 12-17-2017 at 12:20 PM.

17. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,435 Times in 2,073 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 172 Times in 170 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trump Diva View Post
    Where did you get she trained the dogs to fight? Most people who run dog fighting rings are black anyway, not Trump supporters. This story is nothing about politics and everything about a breed.

Pit bulls are dangerous and unpredictable, imo.
    He made assumptions because he's prejudiced. Then he rejoiced over someone's death because he assumed his assumptions were facts.