Thread: Rockers tell Huckster and McCain to lay off their songs

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,276 Times in 27,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Default Rockers tell Huckster and McCain to lay off their songs

Rockers telling republican candidates to lay off their songs. Honestly, GOP candidates should stick to country western tunes, and the Deliverance banjo song.

p.s.: "More Than a Feeling" = hat tip to one of the best 1970s classic rock tunes. Boston 4 Evah!

Rocker Tells Huckabee to Lay Off Song

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — The chief songwriter and founder of the band Boston has more than a feeling that he's being ripped off by Mike Huckabee.

In a letter to the Republican presidential hopeful, Tom Scholz complains that Huckabee is using his 1970s smash hit song "More Than a Feeling" without his permission. A former member of the band, Barry Goudreau, has appeared with Huckabee at campaign events, and they have played the song with Huckabee's band, Capitol Offense.

Scholz, who said Goudreau left the band more than 25 years ago after a three-year stint, objects to the implication that the band and one of its members has endorsed Huckabee's candidacy.

"Boston has never endorsed a political candidate, and will all due respect, would not start by endorsing a candidate who is the polar opposite of most everything Boston stands for," wrote Scholz, adding that he is supporting Democratic Sen. Barack Obama. "By using my song, and my band's name Boston, you have taken something of mine and used it to promote ideas to which I am opposed. In other words, I think I've been ripped off, dude!"

Fred Bramante, who was chairman of Huckabee's New Hampshire campaign, called the allegations ridiculous. He said he attended dozens of Huckabee rallies in New Hampshire and other states and never heard Huckabee play "More Than a Feeling," other than when Goudreau campaigned with him in Iowa in October......

In his letter, Scholz referred to Huckabee as the "straight talk candidate," but that label more often is applied to Sen. John McCain, who has had his own troubles when it comes to his musical playlist. Last week, McCain's campaign agreed to stop playing John Mellencamp's songs "Our Country" and "Pink Houses" at his rallies after the liberal rocker complained.

Mellencamp had supported Democrat John Edwards, who recently dropped out of the race.

Other candidates have had better luck selecting songs. Celine Dion said she was "thrilled" that Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton used her song, "You and I" as her official campaign anthem. Obama frequently blares U2's "City of Blinding Lights" at his events.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5j...okarwD8UQRT8O1

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default However.............

Huckabee is a CCR fan...and 'Boston' sucks anyhoo! The moron(scholz) should be happy that anyone cares to play that crap!

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,276 Times in 27,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

credence is awesome. Stuck in Lodi hits me in the gut every time.

Boston still has some awesome tunes. That first album blows my mind still.