Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: #Me too movement going too far?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Default #Me too movement going too far?

It's out of hand. Not EVERYTHING is harassment or inappropriate. Really true abuse of women causes are suffering because of over-reacting to compliments paid by a man, being asked out or to his place, etc.

Uber liberal Tavis Smiley is fighting back. He just got smeared and fired by NPR/Public Broadcasting. I think a lot of men engaging in adult behavior with adult women have had enough. Bring out the accusers already. I wish him well if the charges are lacking or bogus.

'This has gone too far,' says Tavis Smiley after PBS suspends his show for 'misconduct' ...................

PBS is “indefinitely” suspending distribution of the late-night talk show “Tavis Smiley” after multiple misconduct allegations emerged against the show’s 53-year-old host, PBS announced Wednesday.

While a statement from a PBS spokeswoman did not say what sort of misconduct was alleged, PBS News Hour, on its website, said the allegations involved “sexual misconduct.”

In a Facebook video posted early Thursday morning, Smiley said he was “shocked” to hear PBS’s sudden announcement and intends to “fight back” against the network’s “so-called investigation.”

He said he has the “utmost respect” for all women, and celebrates “the courage of those women who have come forth of late to share their own truth.”

“Let me also assure you that I have never groped, inappropriately exposed myself or coerced any colleague in the workplace ever in my 30-year career,” Smiley said.

“If having a consensual relationship with a colleague years ago is the stuff that leads to this kind of public humiliation and personal destruction, heaven help us,” he added in a written statement posted on Facebook.

In its statement, PBS said it had “engaged an outside law firm to conduct an investigation immediately after learning of troubling allegations regarding Mr. Smiley.”

“This investigation included interviews with witnesses as well as with Mr. Smiley. The inquiry uncovered multiple, credible allegations of conduct that is inconsistent with the values and standards of PBS, and the totality of this information led to today’s decision.”

The news was first reported by Variety on Wednesday afternoon. The probe revealed allegations that Smiley had engaged in sexual relationships with multiple subordinates, Variety reported, citing unnamed sources.

Some witnesses “expressed concern that their employment status was linked to the status of a sexual relationship with Smiley,” Variety reported. They described the longtime TV personality as creating a “verbally abusive and threatening environment” and raised concerns about retaliation, according to Variety.

Smiley, in video and written statements released hours later, said PBS launched the probe without telling him about it. He only learned about the investigation after former colleagues and former staffers told him they were receiving phone calls from “some PBS investigator.” The investigator asked the individuals if Smiley ever made them feel uncomfortable in the workplace, Smiley said.

“Only after threatening a lawsuit,” Smiley said, did investigators agree to sit down with him for an interview. “And even then, their minds must have been made up,” Smiley said, because almost immediately after the three-hour session ended, the Variety story broke.

Smiley alleged investigators refused to look at certain documentation, refused to interview any of his current staff members, and “refused to give me any semblance of due process.”

“It is clear that this has gone too far,” he said. “And I for one intend to fight back. PBS overreacted and they launched a sloppy investigation. It’s time for a real conversation in this country about where the lines are, about how men and women can engage each other in the workplace. And I look forward to actively participating in that conversation.”

The “Tavis Smiley” show is produced by independent production company TS Media. While PBS has been airing the series since 2004, it does not employ Smiley or his staff.

“Tavis Smiley” is a 30-minute news show that airs weeknights and is filmed in Los Angeles. It features interviews with politicians, celebrities, athletes, and other high-profile guests.

Smiley was in the process of teaming up with J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot to develop a television adaptation of Smiley’s book “Before You Judge Me: The Triumph and Tragedy of Michael Jackson’s Last Days” for Warner Bros. Television.

He is the latest broadcast host to face misconduct allegations in recent weeks. Last month, PBS terminated its relationship with longtime television host Charlie Rose for “extremely disturbing and intolerable behavior” following a Washington Post report that detailed his alleged unwanted sexual advances toward women.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/th...D=ansmsnnews11
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (12-15-2017), Darth Omar (12-14-2017)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,435 Times in 2,073 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 172 Times in 170 Posts

I have a theory. Ms. Stretch.

Would you like to see it?

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Go for it
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Smiley alleged investigators refused to look at certain documentation, refused to interview any of his current staff members, and “refused to give me any semblance of due process.”

“It is clear that this has gone too far,” he said. “And I for one intend to fight back. PBS overreacted and they launched a sloppy investigation. It’s time for a real conversation in this country about where the lines are, about how men and women can engage each other in the workplace. And I look forward to actively participating in that conversation.”
    naw. let's just ruin people's lives with allegations.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (12-15-2017), Stretch (12-14-2017), Truth Detector (12-17-2017)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,972 Times in 32,287 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

if they start suspending kindergartners its too far.......

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Truth Detector (12-17-2017)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    naw. let's just ruin people's lives with allegations.
    Feminazis literally do not care.

I recall reading a statement to that effect recently.

The pussy posse of vengeful vaginal vigilantes seems to feel that it's OK if innocent people are hurt because it's all about what they regard as "payback" for millennia of patriarchy, or some such.

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,649 Times in 16,579 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    Too late. Look up that age group and sexual harassment.

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,612 Times in 9,135 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,428 Times in 1,257 Posts

12. The Following User Says Thank You to signalmankenneth For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (12-14-2017)

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Looks like Cartoon Ken just gave my theory some validation.

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    Hasn't that already been done.....well, I don't know about kindergartners, but its been done with some very early grade school kids....
    Kindergartners only get busted for make believe guns made out of the finder and thumb.....
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

A feminazi admits it.

Feminized liberalism is revenge - "if innocent men get hurt, so be it"

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

^The woman is nuts.

This is from last night....................

pain in abortion.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (12-15-2017)

18. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,396 Times in 53,275 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

The #MeToo movement, I think, was not begun to attack famous people with allegations of sexual harassment, although that's where the roots are. We pay more attention if the accuser or the accused is famous than we do if it's Kathy-in-the-Tacobell-Kitchen doing the accusing.

It was begun to bring awareness to the pervasive and negative treatment of women in the workplace by some males. I'll include the mistreatment of males by female bosses in this as well.

Now there is blow-back and that's okay. I'm not going to comment on Mr. Smiley's situation since I haven't read anything much about it, just caught it on tonight's news via NBC.

#MeToo is not about "Hey, I did my boss back in the day and he did me and it was great but OMG now I just learned I am a victim because I was only a peon and he was BOSS and famous and I had no clue I was coerced, I just thought he was hot! Now fame is mine!" It's not about cashing in because your abuser has money or is famous or both. It's about letting the corporate and political world know that we ain't gonna take it anymore.

I have the same utter and total contempt for any woman who tries that false accusation shit as I do for a woman who falsely accuses a man of rape. In the old days, in the South, they would lynch black men for these lies. Do we want to go back there?

All together, women: NO.
    Last edited by ThatOwlWoman; 12-14-2017 at 07:36 PM.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

christiefan915 (12-16-2017), Darth Omar (12-14-2017), Phantasmal (12-14-2017), Stretch (12-14-2017)

20. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

21. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

As always, Mark Steyn summed it up pretty well tonight..................

pain in abortion.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (12-15-2017)