Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Its a good thing I didn't say this.....

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

Default Its a good thing I didn't say this.....

A Democratic congresswoman told her colleagues in a meeting on Wednesday that staffers and lawmakers should stop wearing revealing clothing if they want to avoid sexual harassment, according to two Democratic sources in the room.
    Politico cites two sources who say Democratic Rep. Marcy Kaptur (Ohio) made the comments during a closed-door Democratic caucus meeting to discuss sexual harassment issues.
    "I saw a member yesterday with her cleavage so deep it was down to the floor," Kaptur reportedly said. "And what I’ve seen … it's really an invitation."
    "Maybe I’ll get booed for saying this, but many companies and the military [have] a dress code. I have been appalled at some of the dress of … members and staff. Men have to wear ties and suits," she continued.

http://freebeacon.com/politics/dem-c...on-harassment/
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NOVA For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (12-14-2017), TOP (12-14-2017)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 326 Times in 306 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NOVA View Post
    A Democratic congresswoman told her colleagues in a meeting on Wednesday that staffers and lawmakers should stop wearing revealing clothing if they want to avoid sexual harassment, according to two Democratic sources in the room.
    Politico cites two sources who say Democratic Rep. Marcy Kaptur (Ohio) made the comments during a closed-door Democratic caucus meeting to discuss sexual harassment issues.
    "I saw a member yesterday with her cleavage so deep it was down to the floor," Kaptur reportedly said. "And what I’ve seen … it's really an invitation."
    "Maybe I’ll get booed for saying this, but many companies and the military [have] a dress code. I have been appalled at some of the dress of … members and staff. Men have to wear ties and suits," she continued.

Yep they were asking for it.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,005 Times in 8,032 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Good for her.

She's right, too.

Women of my mom's generation not only knew that and agreed with it, they weren't afraid to say it out loud.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,394 Times in 5,099 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 908 Times in 849 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Good for her.

She's right, too.

Women of my mom's generation not only knew that and agreed with it, they weren't afraid to say it out loud.
    Burka

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2018.2 For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (12-14-2017)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,186 Times in 25,721 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

100% BS. I don't know what the dress code is for Congress but I can guarantee you that women there were harassed before showing cleavage became a fashion statement. Just like they've been harassed while wearing scrubs, slacks, turtlenecks or burqas.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Cypress (12-13-2017), evince (12-14-2017), Rune (12-14-2017)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,683 Times in 27,327 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

I bet you thought you hit pay dirt when you found one Democrat who said something you agreed with, eh?
    Should women wear bikinis and sports bras to work, on capitol hill, and in the halls of corporate power? Obviously not, and obviously they don't.

But the fact is, if you are a dude, and you simply cannot stop yourself from leering, drooling, dogging, and harassing because you saw a bit of cleavage, then the problem is with you. Not with the female. Self-control and social protocol really should not be alien concepts to rightwingers, or anyone else who lays the blame at the feet of women.

I mean, other than a few socially repressed rightwingers, haven't we all seen about three billion boobs in our lives? Is it really something that is going to make you lose self control, and start leering? I mean, when you think about it, that is something only a loser would do.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

evince (12-14-2017), Rune (12-14-2017)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

I wear toucasless chaps to court. Chics dig it. I've heard no complaints from dudes with less prodigious and aluring buttoxes.
    I think it's the copious hair that's the turnon.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

evince (12-14-2017)

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I bet you thought you hit pay dirt when you found one Democrat who said something you agreed with, eh?
    Should women wear bikinis and sports bras to work, on capitol hill, and in the halls of corporate power? Obviously not, and obviously they don't.

But the fact is, if you are a dude, and you simply cannot stop yourself from leering, drooling, dogging, and harassing because you saw a bit of cleavage, then the problem is with you. Not with the female. Self-control and social protocol really should not be alien concepts to rightwingers, or anyone else who lays the blame at the feet of women.

I mean, other than a few socially repressed rightwingers, haven't we all seen about three billion boobs in our lives? Is it really something that is going to make you lose self control, and start leering? I mean, when you think about it, that is something only a loser would do.
    You know all about sexual harassment, don't you?

Sent from my Lenovo K8 using Tapatalk

14. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

BRUTALITOPS (12-14-2017)

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    I wear toucasless chaps to court. Chics dig it. I've heard no complaints from dudes with less prodigious and aluring buttoxes.
    I think it's the copious hair that's the turnon.
    Can anybody translate this gibberish onto English?

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

So two Democratic sources claim a Democrat made such a statement. The rest of the Democrats still won't believe it.

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    100% BS. I don't know what the dress code is for Congress but I can guarantee you that women there were harassed before showing cleavage became a fashion statement. Just like they've been harassed while wearing scrubs, slacks, turtlenecks or burqas.
    I predicted that one of their own would refuse to believe it.

Guarantees come with evidence to back up it up. Do you have any?

18. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseKek View Post
    Yep they were asking for it.
    Bullshit

19. The Following User Says Thank You to floridafan For This Post:

evince (12-14-2017)

20. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,766 Times in 27,240 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Good for her.

She's right, too.

Its bullshit

who is the arbitor of what is an invitation to have sex forced on them clothing wise

women dont need to DRESS in a way to avoid rape

men need to keep their fucking hands off people and NOT ASSUME that work is the place to get a sex partner.

GET IT

21. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,766 Times in 27,240 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shape Shifter View Post
    Can anybody translate this gibberish onto English?

hint

do you know what a toucas is?

22. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,661 Times in 16,589 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    Its bullshit

who is the arbitor of what is an invitation to have sex forced on them clothing wise

women dont need to DRESS in a way to avoid rape

men need to keep their fucking hands off people and NOT ASSUME that work is the place to get a sex partner.

GET IT
    So there should be no dress codes in businesses, schools, etc? It's wrong to ask people to dress appropriately?Did you ever work?