Members banned from this thread: CFM, RB 60 and TOP

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The holidays are almost here. What do you need more of in the holdays?

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,396 Times in 53,275 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    Well derailing into whining about their gun rights, is just pathetic. They have other places to emasculate themselves over that issue, instead of bringing kids stuff to the adult table.
    I've mentioned more than once that I was raised as a Christian; Mom was a Sunday school teacher. I have two brothers (one passed away 18 yrs ago) and one sister. Brothers wanted toy guns for Christmas. Mom said absolutely not. She saw Christ as a god of peace, not war. Both of us cried when MLK Jr was cut down.... me because I saw him as a leader for the civil rights movement. Mom because he was to her a true man of God and like Gandhi, a man of peace using peaceful methods for his people.

She wouldn't understand today's world at all, esp. the ppl who want guns and shit more than the lives of our children.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Jade Dragon (12-17-2017)

3. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

I need a little more of this.

MERRY CHRISTMAST.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ralph For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (12-16-2017)

5. #48 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,611 Times in 17,052 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Can't you go fuck up some other thread?

Oh, and take that toxic twat with you. lol
    I simply commented on the subject, I did not bring it up. What did you do to my thread, oh faultless one?
    Was my initial comment on needing nothing insulting as well? Ban me, you're a "BIG FISH" now!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

TOP (12-17-2017)

7. #49 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,611 Times in 17,052 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

I've mentioned more than once that I was raised as a Christian; Mom was a Sunday school teacher. I have two brothers (one passed away 18 yrs ago) and one sister. Brothers wanted toy guns for Christmas. Mom said absolutely not. She saw Christ as a god of peace, not war. Both of us cried when MLK Jr was cut down.... me because I saw him as a leader for the civil rights movement. Mom because he was to her a true man of God and like Gandhi, a man of peace using peaceful methods for his people.

She wouldn't understand today's world at all, esp. the ppl who want guns and shit more than the lives of our children.
    My mother was a Sunday School Teacher for many, many years as well. In fact, being 90 (91 in a month) and suffering with stage 4 cancer, she still sings in the church choir every week. She, in her younger years, hunted with my father, never having a fear or hatred of firearms. In fact, she keeps one of my handguns in her dresser drawer for protection.
    She understood that having a respect for something was better than having a fear of it. What she doesn't understand is why liberals are trying to destroy this country.
    That said, if I have a Christmas wish (need), it would be that the experimental cancer drugs she's on will continue to allow her to live virtually pain free until her natural "time" comes.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

TOP (12-17-2017)

9. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Was or would you mother have been pro choice? Are you pro choice?

10. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    My mother was a Sunday School Teacher for many, many years as well. In fact, being 90 (91 in a month) and suffering with stage 4 cancer, she still sings in the church choir every week. She, in her younger years, hunted with my father, never having a fear or hatred of firearms. In fact, she keeps one of my handguns in her dresser drawer for protection.
    She understood that having a respect for something was better than having a fear of it. What she doesn't understand is why liberals are trying to destroy this country.
    That said, if I have a Christmas wish (need), it would be that the experimental cancer drugs she's on will continue to allow her to live virtually pain free until her natural "time" comes.
    OwlWoman is another one that thinks everyone that owns a gun wants to use it to kill people.

She talks about how her mother was such a good Christian woman. It would be interesting to know whether her mother was pro choice. It would be interesting to know whether or not Owl Woman is pro choice.

11. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,649 Times in 16,579 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

I simply commented on the subject, I did not bring it up. What did you do to my thread, oh faultless one?
    Was my initial comment on needing nothing insulting as well? Ban me, you're a "BIG FISH" now!
    Big Fish and Jr. are just hilarious...what's all this chatter about "banishing"? Jr. did mention something about someone having something down to a "science"
    I'm intrigued...

12. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,633 Times in 9,299 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

I think one difference people see in guns is where your from.
    You tell of family hunting and such.
    I grew up in urban America where guns tend to be used for protection,or crime.I would never own a gun,because I know myself enough,that I don't have the self control not to get trigger happy.
    So I stay clear of guns.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mason Michaels For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (12-23-2017)

14. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,025 Times in 6,220 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

A song for winter. Listen to it closely, and you should envision a rabbit bounding through the snow.

15. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 37 Times in 35 Posts

I could use some of this. Any guesses what it is?

Marzipan fruit, love it.

I am so fond of these guys. Enjoy

We don't make a bid fuzz about Christmas, it is in our hearts year round. No gifts, no rush, limited decorations, peace and quiet and connecting with friends.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Canceled.2018.1 For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (12-23-2017)

17. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,396 Times in 53,275 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Beautiful people, beautiful Christmas music.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Canceled.2018.1 (12-23-2017)

19. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I love these guys, give them a chance.

20. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans