Thread: FEMOCRATS in the news

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,435 Times in 2,073 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 172 Times in 170 Posts

Default FEMOCRATS in the news

RECIPE FOR FEMOCRACY

Celebrity chef Mario Batali is taking time off from his businesses, as well as co-hosting The Chew, amid multiple sexual harassment allegations against him.

Four women have accused 57-year-old Batali of touching them inappropriatedly over a period that spans at least two decades, Eater New York reports. One woman alleges Batali groped her breasts at an after-party when she was in her 20s, and one woman alleges that he repeatably grabbed her from behind and held her tightly against his body. Three of the women allegedly worked for Batali at some point.

Batali apologized in a statement to Eater, and didn't deny the allegations.

“I apologize to the people I have mistreated and hurt," the statement reads. "Although the identities of most of the individuals mentioned in these stories have not been revealed to me, much of the behavior described does, in fact, match up with ways I have acted. That behavior was wrong and there are no excuses. I take full responsibility and am deeply sorry for any pain, humiliation or discomfort I have caused to my peers, employees, customers, friends and family."

“I have work to do to try to regain the trust of those I have hurt and disappointed," the statement continues. "For this reason, I am going to step away from day-to-day operations of my businesses. We built these restaurants so that our guests could have fun and indulge, but I took that too far in my own behavior. I won’t make that mistake again. I want any place I am associated with to feel comfortable and safe for the people who work or dine there."

Batali said his actions "have disappointed many people."

"The successes I have enjoyed are owned by everyone on my team. The failures are mine alone," he concluded. "To the people who have been at my side during this time -- my family, my partners, my employees, my friends, my fans -- I am grateful for your support and hopeful that I can regain your respect and trust. I will spend the next period of time trying to do that.”

According to the report, in October 2017, a restaurant employee officially reported inappropriate behavior by Batali to Batali & Bastianich Hospitality Group, the first formal complaint against him.

JUST 2 FEMOCRATS

http://www.etonline.com/mario-batali-steps-away-chew-restaurant-empire-following-sexual-harassment-allegations-92458

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,217 Times in 13,952 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,053 Times in 2,848 Posts

What's your point?

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

FEMOCRATS - YEP, HE'S WITH HER

Cory Booker admitted that he groped a friend.

Now the mayor of Newark and a candidate for New Jersey’s open Senate seat, a Booker described the experience of grabbing the girl’s breast and having his hand pushed away.

“New Year’s Eve,” Booker recalled. “I will never forget. I leaned over to hug a friend and she met me instead with an overwhelming kiss.”

Things apparently moved very quickly, who recalled thinking of sex as a “game.”

“As we fumbled upon the bed, I slowly reached for her breast. After having my hand pushed away once, I reached my ‘mark,’” Booker wrote.

Booker didn’t elaborate on what his “mark” was.

“Our grouping ended soon and while no ‘relationship’ ensued, a friendship did,” he wrote. “You see, she told me she was drunk that night and didn’t really know what she was doing.”

He attempted to explain his behavior. “Ever since puberty, I remember receiving messages that sex was a game, a competition. Sexual relations were best achieved through luck, guile, strategy or coercion.”

Booker wrote about how alcohol lubricated those relations:"‘With liquor you’ll get to bed quicker,’ ‘What do you think happened? She invited me back to her room at 3 a.m.’ ‘I’ve got to find a way to snatch that snatch.’ ‘The best thing for that girl would be to be tied down and screwed.”

http://dailycaller.com/2013/08/11/in-college-column-cory-booker-revealed-time-he-groped-friend-and-she-resisted/

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,394 Times in 5,099 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 908 Times in 849 Posts
    Blog Entries

But I thought Dems hold the moral high ground.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,394 Times in 5,099 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 908 Times in 849 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    What's your point?
    If this was about pubs, you would have a "point", wouldn't you.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

FEMOCRATS

Disgraced former NBC host Matt Lauer could lose out on a multimillion-dollar ranch he purchased in New Zealand after a series of sexual misconduct allegations.

Lauer and his wife, Annette Roque, purchased a sprawling 16,000-acre sheep and cattle ranch called “Hunter Valley Station” last February. The property, which is located on New Zealand’s South Island, is worth $9.1 million, according to the New Zealand Herald Opens a New Window. .

However, New Zealand’s Overseas Investment Office, which oversees attempts by foreign investors to purchase property in the country, mandates that individuals involved in such transactions maintain “good character.” An OIO spokesperson told FOX Business that the agency is “aware that allegations have been made in relation to Matt Lauer” and has contacted his representative for further information on the situation.

“For an overseas person to receive consent under the Overseas Investment Act they need to be of good character,” Lisa Barrett, the agency’s deputy chief of executive policy and overseas Investment, told FOX Business. “There is a range of regulatory tools or actions we can take if we believe the Overseas Investment Rules have been broken. The OIO can seek orders, through the Courts, that require people to dispose of property.”

Hunter Valley Station has a five-bedroom estate, four airstrips, stables and various other amenities, according to local media.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/features/2017/12/11/matt-lauer-could-lose-9m-new-zealand-ranch-due-to-good-character-clause.html

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

WHEN A FEMOCRAT WANTS RE-ELECTION, THERE'S NOTHING THEY WON'T DO