Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bullying

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Default Bullying

Since it is a political board my snarky comment will be this family is from Tennessee so they are probably deplorables and this kid deserves this.

Snark aside and back in the real world this video is heartbreaking to watch about this kid speaking of being bullied (his mom filmed it when she picked him up at lunch because he said he was being bullied). But what has been awesome is the response it has gotten since going viral. A number of athletes and others have stepped up and said they will take care of this kid. They want to meet him, hang out and have sent him a lot of love over Twitter. Hang in their buddy. For those so inclined his name is Keaton Jones and put his name in Twitter. Just an awesome outpouring of support for him.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Phantasmal (12-11-2017), ThatOwlWoman (12-10-2017), TOP (12-10-2017)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

There have been numerous stories of bullied kids being taken under the wing of stronger individuals.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

TOP (12-10-2017)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,676 Times in 27,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Since it is a political board my snarky comment will be this family is from Tennessee so they are probably deplorables and this kid deserves this.
    No kid deserves to get bullied. I have always abhorred and despised dog piling, haranguing, or brow beating....be it kids or adults.

That said, it is always good to see the better side of humanity, so I thank you for that. Carry on!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

cawacko (12-10-2017), Phantasmal (12-11-2017), ThatOwlWoman (12-10-2017)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,386 Times in 53,267 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    There have been numerous stories of bullied kids being taken under the wing of stronger individuals.
    For sure. I'm proud to say that some of those wings belong to my kids.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Phantasmal (12-11-2017)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    No kid deserves to get bullied. I have always abhorred and despised dog piling, haranguing, or brow beating....be it kids or adults.

That said, it is always good to see the better side of humanity, so I thank you for that. Carry on!
    One could argue that BAC is bullying Cawacko in another thread, but you seem to overlook it

Personally, I don’t know anyone who “supports” bullying. Nobody does. But, there is a simple tried and true method to dealing with them and posting a video of a kid crying isn’t one of them

Find the biggest bully and punch them square in the nose. Even if they kick your ass they will never bully you again. They will move onto some other sap.

Don’t be a sap

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fauxcahontas View Post
    One could argue that BAC is bullying Cawacko in another thread, but you seem to overlook it

Personally, I don’t know anyone who “supports” bullying. Nobody does. But, there is a simple tried and true method to dealing with them and posting a video of a kid crying isn’t one of them

Find the biggest bully and punch them square in the nose. Even if they kick your ass they will never bully you again. They will move onto some other sap.

Don’t be a sap
    There are some great videos online of kids who have been bullied standing up for themselves and kicking the ass of the people who bullied them.

Not every kid can do that though. Something about this kids video struck a nerve nationally because he's getting all kinds of support.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Rune (12-11-2017), TOP (12-11-2017)

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

There are some great videos online of kids who have been bullied standing up for themselves and kicking the ass of the people who bullied them.

Not every kid can do that though. Something about this kids video struck a nerve nationally because he's getting all kinds of support.
    Everybody can do it if they find the courage to do so.

The biggest obstacle for most people is their own self doubt and fear

13. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.3 For This Post:

Cancel 2018.1 (12-11-2017)

14. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

he looks white so its probably ok.
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

15. The Following User Groans At tsuke For This Awful Post:

Rune (12-11-2017)

16. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post
    he looks white so its probably ok.
    That's a pretty lazy, and extremely unintelligent comment.

Do better, tsuke.

Always love to read outcomes like the one in the OP, where people really rally. It restores my faith that we're basically a decent species.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cancel 2020.1 For This Post:

MAGA MAN (12-11-2017), Phantasmal (12-11-2017), Rune (12-11-2017), ThatOwlWoman (12-11-2017)

18. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    That's a pretty lazy, and extremely unintelligent comment.

Do better, tsuke.

Always love to read outcomes like the one in the OP, where people really rally. It restores my faith that we're basically a decent species.
    what the kid should have done (or maybe his mother) is said he was native american. Then you would really see the country set aflame by people rallying around the poor American Indian kid being bullied by the others. Bonus riots if the bullies were white.
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

19. The Following User Groans At tsuke For This Awful Post:

Rune (12-11-2017)

20. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post
    what the kid should have done (or maybe his mother) is said he was native american. Then you would really see the country set aflame by people rallying around the poor American Indian kid being bullied by the others. Bonus riots if the bullies were white.
    Or maybe trans? Probably would have gotten full scholarship to Hahvard

21. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 63 Times in 55 Posts
    Blog Entries

We hurt one another too much. We allow callousness to drive our day to day interactions online. When we crossover into real life, we either get hurt or hurt others. It's never good in the long run.
    Our kids deal with the reflection of our culture. Our culture is about keeping others down for _________ Fill in the blank. We literally think humility, kindness and caring for one another is weak in this climate.

You're 'Doomed' if you are caring....

22. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,799 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 171 Times in 164 Posts

You sure that's not Pee Wee Herman?
    Seriously, if I were that kid's parent I'd sign him up for boxing lessons so he wouldn't be afraid of hitting and getting hit. Like someone mentioned even if he got his ass kicked he'd earn respect.
    Bullying is part of growing up and that won't change. Kids can be quite cruel because they just don't know any better.

23. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,835 Times in 8,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aloysious View Post
    Seriously, if I were that kid's parent I'd sign him up for boxing lessons so he wouldn't be afraid of hitting and getting hit. Like someone mentioned even if he got his ass kicked he'd earn respect.
    Bullying is part of growing up and that won't change. Kids can be quite cruel because they just don't know any better.
    Shut up "liberal".
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

24. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by aloysious View Post
    You are correct. My heart broke for that kid. But there is a solution. It isn't an easy one, but one that will work as it has worked for many years.

There is one thing bullies the years over have in common and that is they do not know how to react when people strike back. I will give you an example. When I first came to this board, there was a little cabal I like to call the Pussy Patrol. They were made up of Darla, Bijou, Christiefan and Rana. They had some minions that followed them around like little puppies. Bijou and Darla were the biggest bullies. Christie and Rana were just hangers on and enjoyed the fun of it as long as they weren't being attacked.

Any new conservative that joined this board was attacked immediately by Bijou and Darla and God forbid you were a female conservative. Well, I don't play that shit. I went full on nuclear on their asses. They cried to the Mods like little bitches. They even had moderation tools put in place just to deal with me. Forced Ignore (doesn't get used much anymore) and Thread Banning were all created for Darla because her delicate sensitivities couldn't handle me.

That is how you deal with bullies. I wasn't kidding when I said punch them straight on in the nose. Two reasons. It will make their eyes water immediately. It will also bleed. Bullies don't want to bleed.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to canceled.2021.3 For This Post:

Cancel 2018.1 (12-11-2017), MAGA MAN (12-11-2017)