Members banned from this thread: The Anonymous, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Boris The Animal, MAGA MAN, CFM, Cancel 2018.2, Русский агент, PraiseKek, TOP, Eagle_Eye, excommunicated, countryboy, AnnieOakley and Tommatthews

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Alabama Has The Worst Poverty In The Developed World

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    Let me help you out brother .. I didn't get the information from Politifact .. it just confirms the truth that you run from like your ass is on fire.

Hope that helps .. and may I add .. you completely ignore the rampant racism within YOUR own nearly all white party.

Why do you think it is that you do that?
    Now you're just lying BAC. Show where you got your information. Where do you get that meme you posted? Does it say they judge by states Romney won or lost or by who is in control locally?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

TOP (12-10-2017)

3. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    If people didn't want to see it, they'd stop voting for those who promise to continue it.
    Again, why do you we have the highest poverty rate in the country in an all Democratic state?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

TOP (12-10-2017)

5. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,033 Times in 14,528 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    This is what it boils down too. How do you address it? Even the wealthier states have pockets of poverty stricken areas.
    But many have programs to help the poor avoid third world living conditions. Instead of being proud that the least among us in this nation, live better than the majority in other nations...our politicians sell some bullshit about 'takers'.

And the 'takers' eat it up, and vote against their own best interests.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (12-10-2017)

7. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    We were just talking about areas of poverty and now you are on to racism?
    DUDE, YOU'RE the one who posted some stupid shit about ONE black guy talking about racism in the Democratic Party .. I countered with the TRUTH of your own rampantly racist party .. and just as I said, now you run from your own reflection like your ass is on fire.

Are you going to answer my question, or are you just going to run?
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

8. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Plenty of poverty stricken areas (western mass, some of the coastal cities) in Massachusetts. This is above just political parties I think.
    Again....poverty exists across America. Squalor doesn't.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

9. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    The amount of money we spent on the Iraq War Disaster probably could have put every single house in the United States on a public sewer system, on a public water system, on a public utility system, and paid for a college education and health care for every single teenager who wanted it and was prepared for it.

That's how you do it.
    I hope you are sitting down Cypress as this may cause you a feinting spell. I happen to agree with you on this.

10. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    The amount of money we spent on the Iraq War Disaster probably could have put every single house in the United States on a public sewer system, on a public water system, on a public utility system, and paid for a college education and health care for every single teenager who wanted it and was prepared for it.

That's how you do it.
    Bernie must have been reading my posts for the last ten years. If we imposed a $.10 fee on every Wall St transaction, there would be no underfunded programs in this country.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Althea For This Post:

Cypress (12-10-2017), ThatOwlWoman (12-10-2017)

12. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Now you're just lying BAC. Show where you got your information. Where do you get that meme you posted? Does it say they judge by states Romney won or lost or by who is in control locally?
    Are you somehow locked out of google? :0)

Answer my question and I'll embarrass you with where I got that information from.

Are you going to just keep running?
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

13. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Again....poverty exists across America. Squalor doesn't.
    There is not much difference Althea. One tends to be the carrier of the other. It happens everywhere in America not just certain places which was the point of the OP. That should not be.

14. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I hope you are sitting down Cypress as this may cause you a feinting spell. I happen to agree with you on this.
    That's because it's hard to disagree with the truth. Hell...how many billions just 'disappeared' in Iraq under Bush, and nobody seemed to care?

15. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    Are you somehow locked out of google? :0)

Answer my question and I'll embarrass you with where I got that information from.

Are you going to just keep running?
    I'm right here BAC. You are lying about your meme.

16. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

There is not much difference Althea. One tends to be the carrier of the other. It happens everywhere in America not just certain places which was the point of the OP. That should not be.
    Of course one tends to be the reason for the other. That doesn't mean all who are impoverished live in squalor. But those of us who live in high tax states understand this concept.

17. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That's because it's hard to disagree with the truth. Hell...how many billions just 'disappeared' in Iraq under Bush, and nobody seemed to care?
    Many people disagree with the truth all the time because of their political beliefs. To me this more about common sense, not politics.

18. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Of course one tends to be the reason for the other. That doesn't mean all who are impoverished live in squalor. But those of us who live in high tax states understand this concept.
    I live in a high tax state so no reason to attempt to act snotty. NYC is not the entire state of NY.

19. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I'm right here BAC. You are lying about your meme.
    You're kind of an idiot .. which explains why you're a republican.

YOU inject race into the conversation .. then you run like a rabbit from the truth.

Cowardly.

Thanks for the conversation. Explains a lot.