Members banned from this thread: Legion Fag, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, canceled.2021.1, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, canceled.2021.3, Text Drivers are Killers, CFM, Cancel 2018.2, Evmetro, RB 60, PraiseKek, TOP, MyParentsAreProud, We Stand, linedrive, AnnieOakley and Tommatthews

Page 111 of 151 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 2265

Thread: Jade's Recipe Exchange.

1. #1651 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,405 Times in 53,280 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Margot Frank View Post
    I bought some 5 Chinese Spice,so tomorrow,I'm
    Making Egg Foo Yung,or Monday!
    Good beans! I think you'll like how it tastes. Start with just a bit and taste your sauce as you go; it's pretty strong.

2. #1652 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    We pay different amounts based on the time of day- which seems to work well for ppl that know about it & can be flexible..
    How does that work? The electric authority here charges customers based on usage, electricity and water are together.

3. #1653 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Thanks! I don't know; mostly we don't tend to have attics here so probably not. We do have ceiling fans. The closest neighbors put in central a/c this spring. They were lucky that their cabin has ductwork. Most of us have hot water heat so installing central air would be super pricey.

Is that meant to help conserve usage? When are the rates the highest?
    Discourage, especially @ the elec companies higher price times-they also pay more for it @ high/peak demands..

So I try to cool it as much as possible in the AM (before noon) & it is much cheaper.. 5-8 when everyone comes home is the highest rate, more than 2X cost..

Yea, w/out an attic, a whole house is prob not an option..
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

4. #1654 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post
    How does that work? The electric authority here charges customers based on usage, electricity and water are together.
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

5. #1655 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Wow, that's an amazingly huge rate difference!

6. #1656 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Wow, that's an amazingly huge rate difference!
    Yep... SO it can be good if you work w/ it..

7. #1657 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yep... SO it can be good if you work w/ it..
    I asked what ours was, Mr. Owl says we pay $25/month just to belong to the co-op and have service. Then it is $0.15/kWhr. We cut down our usage just by removing all the incandescents that came with the house, and switching them to either LEDs or those curly thingies. We saw another decent drop when the old fridge passed away and was replaced in June with a much more energy-efficient one. Our avg. bill is <$100/month which is lower than it was in STL even though rates were lower there overall.

Got any good tips on how to cut down even further?

8. #1658 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I asked what ours was, Mr. Owl says we pay $25/month just to belong to the co-op and have service. Then it is $0.15/kWhr. We cut down our usage just by removing all the incandescents that came with the house, and switching them to either LEDs or those curly thingies. We saw another decent drop when the old fridge passed away and was replaced in June with a much more energy-efficient one. Our avg. bill is <$100/month which is lower than it was in STL even though rates were lower there overall.

You're lucky. My bill was $390 last month and will be nearly the same this month.

9. #1659 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You're lucky. My bill was $390 last month and will be nearly the same this month.
    Holy shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's horrible!!!!!!! All of our utilities combined -- including satellite and cell service -- don't total that much. Has it always been that way? Do you think updating appliances might help?

10. #1660 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,634 Times in 9,300 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Why so much?Ours was $70 something
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

11. The Following User Groans At Mason Michaels For This Awful Post:

canceled.2021.2 (07-28-2019)

12. #1661 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,028 Times in 6,222 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

I love butterscotch. I also really like red velvet so these look good as well. https://www.thebakingchocolatess.com...eese-frosting/.

13. #1662 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Our local utility use to have a Nuke plant but closed it down but they also have several hyrdro projects up in the Sierra..

I think I prob average about $45 a month-winter higher, most of spring & fall less..

I can easily handle 80, 1, 2 which is about tops in my house even today @ 103... (DRY)

My daughter is here, & she grew up like that but now lives in San Fransisco where the average temp-Year round is a low of 53 & a high of 63-that cold ocean & bay keeps it chillin in summer, & temperate in winter.. Anyway I will turn it on prob this evening as she isn't use to it any more..lol

14. #1663 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

WOW... Is that combined or just elec??

There you prob have to keep it on as for most ppl it is a no brainer~turn on the A/C or risk death tonight

15. #1664 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Holy shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's horrible!!!!!!! All of our utilities combined -- including satellite and cell service -- don't total that much. Has it always been that way? Do you think updating appliances might help?
    No it's not always that way. When it's not hot, it can be as low as like $165. It's running the air all the time. I can't stand to be hot and keep it around 73. And it's been hot a lot this year so far.

16. #1665 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    I love butterscotch. I also really like red velvet so these look good as well. https://www.thebakingchocolatess.com...eese-frosting/.
    Those look divine.

I made this red velvet swirl pound cake last week. This site has awesome pound cake recipes. I've made several of them.

https://www.callmepmc.com/vanilla-re...d-cake-recipe/