Members banned from this thread: Legion Fag, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, canceled.2021.1, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, canceled.2021.3, Text Drivers are Killers, CFM, Cancel 2018.2, Evmetro, RB 60, PraiseKek, TOP, MyParentsAreProud, We Stand, linedrive, AnnieOakley and Tommatthews

Page 74 of 151 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 2265

Thread: Jade's Recipe Exchange.

1. #1096 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    They are normally fully ripe jalapenos.
    I think you are right about that as I have grown my own, and that's what I did was let them fully ripen to a rich red o the vine.

However, A & M universities play around with biological DNA and has created so many new plants, like the Aggie Pepper- which is a jalapeno that has no heat at all to speak of.

And now, we can purchase Red, Yellow, Orange and Green bell peppers. So I believe some peppers are genetically created to have certain colors with the color inherent within itself.

Somewhere I read there are over 16 known varieties of Jalapenos.

2. The Following User Groans At Adolf_Twitler For This Awful Post:

canceled.2021.1 (02-11-2019)

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Adolf_Twitler For This Post:

Aimée (02-11-2019), Jade Dragon (02-11-2019), ThatOwlWoman (02-11-2019)

4. #1097 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,834 Times in 6,110 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Looks like I'm going to need low fat recipes. Have to have an ultrasound done, and hopefully the worst doesn't happen, and they have to remove my gallbladder. The doctor said it's always a possibility. I have too many diet issues. I alter diet for one thing, and I cause other issues. So it's official. I have to watch Oxalate, fat, excess protein, cholesterol, and excess sugar. So I guess I've learned Atkins style dieting has drawbacks.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jade Dragon For This Post:

Aimée (02-11-2019), canceled.2021.1 (02-11-2019), ThatOwlWoman (02-11-2019)

6. #1098 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,525 Times in 52,742 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Looks like I'm going to need low fat recipes. Have to have an ultrasound done, and hopefully the worst doesn't happen, and they have to remove my gallbladder. The doctor said it's always a possibility. I have too many diet issues. I alter diet for one thing, and I cause other issues. So it's official. I have to watch Oxalate, fat, excess protein, cholesterol, and excess sugar. So I guess I've learned Atkins style dieting has drawbacks.
    A lot of what I cook is lower-fat stuff so hopefully I can help you out. What kinds of home-cooked stuff makes you happy?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Jade Dragon (02-11-2019)

8. #1099 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    A lot of what I cook is lower-fat stuff so hopefully I can help you out. What kinds of home-cooked stuff makes you happy?
    I like meat, and that makes it difficult. For now I bought some chicken breasts, and will just trim fat, and coat in breadcrumb. I also bought some turkey, Italian sausage links, and ground turkey. I'm certain I will need to jazz things up eventually though.

Hopefully my ultrasound will show I just need a minor surgery to remove gallstones. Me, and my stone issues. Even though I haven't had the ultrasound the doctor seemed confident I have them, because of my pain, and symptoms. One thing is with the digestive symptoms, I've been having trouble getting myself to eat, unless I rather like the food.
    Last edited by Jade Dragon; 02-11-2019 at 06:15 PM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jade Dragon For This Post:

Aimée (02-11-2019), ThatOwlWoman (02-11-2019)

10. #1100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I like meat, and that makes it difficult. For now I bought some chicken breasts, and will just trim fat, and coat in breadcrumb. I also bought some turkey, Italian sausage links, and ground turkey. I'm certain I will need to jazz things up eventually though.

Hopefully my ultrasound will show I just need a minor surgery to remove gallstones. Me, and my stone issues. Even though I haven't had the ultrasound the doctor seemed confident I have them, because of my pain, and symptoms. One thing is with the digestive symptoms, I've been having trouble getting myself to eat, unless I rather like the food.
    I had my GB out in 2005. It was no biggie.The only thing you'll probably notice at first is that if you eat a meal high in fat, you will almost immediately need to run to the closest restroom. Your GB stores bile (which helps break down fats) made by your liver. When it's gone, the GI tract detects incoming fat, and instructs your liver to dump bile. Since it doesn't have a holding tank anymore it dutifully dumps a lot of bile all at once. It's extremely irritating to your intestinal mucosal, so the GI tract goes into extreme peristalsis mode to try to get rid of the irritating substance. The result is diarrhea. Eventually this doesn't happen as often. It does make eating out a prospect to be wary of, if you tend to like things like salad dressings, fried stuff, Asian food, etc.

I make a lot of things like chili, spaghetti sauce & meatballs, casseroles, sloppy joes, etc. with ground turkey. If you'd like some recipes/ideas pls let me know!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Jade Dragon (02-11-2019)

12. #1101 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I had my GB out in 2005. It was no biggie.The only thing you'll probably notice at first is that if you eat a meal high in fat, you will almost immediately need to run to the closest restroom. Your GB stores bile (which helps break down fats) made by your liver. When it's gone, the GI tract detects incoming fat, and instructs your liver to dump bile. Since it doesn't have a holding tank anymore it dutifully dumps a lot of bile all at once. It's extremely irritating to your intestinal mucosal, so the GI tract goes into extreme peristalsis mode to try to get rid of the irritating substance. The result is diarrhea. Eventually this doesn't happen as often. It does make eating out a prospect to be wary of, if you tend to like things like salad dressings, fried stuff, Asian food, etc.

I make a lot of things like chili, spaghetti sauce & meatballs, casseroles, sloppy joes, etc. with ground turkey. If you'd like some recipes/ideas pls let me know!
    You can post whatever you think sounds good. I think that made me feel a little better, I was worried after the doctor mentioned results of removal. I thought it would be a lifetime thing of misery, and ruin eating, and traveling.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jade Dragon For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (02-11-2019)

14. #1102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You can post whatever you think sounds good. I think that made me feel a little better, I was worried after the doctor mentioned results of removal. I thought it would be a lifetime thing of misery, and ruin eating, and traveling.
    No, not at all. My husband had his out in 2011; he has no GI issues, pain, bathroom urgency, etc. He's like you, loves his burgers n fries and spicy stuff.

Gallstones are nothing to play with. Even if you can tolerate the agonizing pain they cause (usually after eating a meal high in fats), you also run the risk of developing a bile duct blockage, and acute pancreatitis which can be a life-threatening thing.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Jade Dragon (02-11-2019)

16. #1103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 8 Times in 8 Posts

Sorry to hear that, Jade. I hope that you can find a resolution soon.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aimée For This Post:

Jade Dragon (02-11-2019), ThatOwlWoman (02-13-2019)

18. #1104 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

For you, Aimee! And anyone else who enjoys wild-caught or foraged foodies.

Waawashkeshi, Manoomin, dash Wazhashkwedoonsag
    (Venison, Wild Rice, and Mushrooms)

1 lb ground venison
    1/2 cup chopped wild or yellow onion (optional)
    1/2 lb wild or domestic mushrooms (I use chanterelles)
    1 cup wild rice, cooked

Brown ground venison in skillet with onions. When almost done, add coarsely-chopped mushrooms and saute till tender. Dump in cooked rice, stir well and heat through. You can add a bit of water or broth if you prefer it juicier. Really special if you use wild leek bulbs in place of the onions!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Aimée (02-13-2019)

20. #1105 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

For you, Aimee! And anyone else who enjoys wild-caught or foraged foodies.

Waawashkeshi, Manoomin, dash Wazhashkwedoonsag
    (Venison, Wild Rice, and Mushrooms)

1 lb ground venison
    1/2 cup chopped wild or yellow onion (optional)
    1/2 lb wild or domestic mushrooms (I use chanterelles)
    1 cup wild rice, cooked

Brown ground venison in skillet with onions. When almost done, add coarsely-chopped mushrooms and saute till tender. Dump in cooked rice, stir well and heat through. You can add a bit of water or broth if you prefer it juicier. Really special if you use wild leek bulbs in place of the onions!
    Oh, my gosh! Thank you so much! That sounds wonderful. It's making me drool already!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Aimée For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (02-13-2019)

22. #1106 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aimée View Post
    Oh, my gosh! Thank you so much! That sounds wonderful. It's making me drool already!
    Thanks! In some of my NAS classes, we wrap up the semester with a feast. This is the one I bring, and it's always gone at the end. I left out seasonings like salt, pepper, garlic, etc. because 1) those aren't native seasonings, and 2) everyone prefers to customize a recipe the way they like it.

23. #1107 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Thanks! In some of my NAS classes, we wrap up the semester with a feast. This is the one I bring, and it's always gone at the end. I left out seasonings like salt, pepper, garlic, etc. because 1) those aren't native seasonings, and 2) everyone prefers to customize a recipe the way they like it.
    THat is so awesome! I am sure that it wouldn't need anything added to it.

24. #1108 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aimée View Post
    THat is so awesome! I am sure that it wouldn't need anything added to it.
    You would think so, but you-know-who around here likes to put hot sauce on his. <shudder>

25. #1109 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,493 Times in 9,085 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,427 Times in 1,256 Posts

I got an Instant Pot for Xmas, this sounds like good receipt to use it on?!!

Instant Pot Corned Beef Is The Easiest Way To Make Your St. Patrick's Day Meal
    Delish Videos February 13, 2019

Use your Instant Pot to make this easy corned beef that comes out perfectly every time.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/inst...180918584.html

26. The Following User Says Thank You to signalmankenneth For This Post:

27. #1110 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You would think so, but you-know-who around here likes to put hot sauce on his. <shudder>
    LOL! Bob used to do the same thing and ruin whatever I made! Either that or drown it in salt and pepper - all before even tasting it!

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Aimée For This Post: