Members banned from this thread: Legion Fag, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, canceled.2021.1, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, canceled.2021.3, Text Drivers are Killers, CFM, Cancel 2018.2, Evmetro, RB 60, PraiseKek, TOP, MyParentsAreProud, We Stand, linedrive, AnnieOakley and Tommatthews

Page 124 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 2265

Thread: Jade's Recipe Exchange.

1. #1846 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,302 Times in 53,215 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    As of Monday, Alaska had 659 wildfires for the year that burned about 2.5 million acres, making 2019 among the biggest fire seasons on record for the state, according to fire managers.3 days ago

Late-season fires flare up in drought-stricken parts of Alaska - ...

The drought is really bad, never seen it so brown here. People aren’t allowed campfires. The McKinley Fire is threatening homes and cabins. Anchorage, Kenai peninsula & Mat Su need a good rain.

It's horrible. I still haven't heard from my friend near Willow. I'm really getting worried to the point of bugging her via phone.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

2. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

canceled.2021.2 (08-24-2019)

3. #1847 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Margot Frank View Post
    5 tator tots,and I felt guilty!But couldn't have been to bad,sugar was 92 this morning
    That's excellent!
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

4. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

5. #1848 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Margot Frank View Post
    Today sausage links,broccoli,baked onions,a half a hamburger bun.
    Me charcoal grilled chicken quarter, salad w/romaine, cucumbers, avocado, grape tomatoes and ranch.

I used this sugar free bbq sauce to dip the chicken in:

6. #1849 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,549 Times in 2,989 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

I love meat. When my mom made a meal without meat I was so disappointed. When I see that Burger King meatless hamburger commercial I cringe. I love meat.

Every year I have an abundance of deer and beef. This year I have concentrated on working with the deer. I have made jerky, meat sticks and salami from a couple of bucks my boy and I got last season. I have been using them mostly for snacks as I have been going high protein and low carb this summer and have lost just shy of 30 lbs. On the new way of eating I have started making mini pizzas using some low carb tortillas, home made (and some bought) pasta sauce and [mostly] pepperoni. So I got the bright idea of making the pepperoni from some of the deer I have on hand. Got to be better for me, right? Anyway, it came out of the smoker last night and it is very good. Here’s what I did:

Ingredients: 6 lb deer, 2 lb fresh pork ( I used wild hog ham), 7 tsp canning salt, 1 Tbsp brown sugar, 3 Tbsp cayenne pepper, 3 Tbsp Paprika, 2 tsp minced garlic, 1/4 c balsamic vinegar, 3/4 c water, 1 1/2 tsp pink salt

Grind deer and pork through a fairly fine grinding plate. Mix the remaining ingredients together to form a sort of slurry. Mix this slurry with the ground meat thoroughly. Refrigerate in a sealed container for at least 24 hours. Give a final mix, stuff in 2 1/2 to 3 in Sausage casing. Cook slowly... I started mine at 140 degrees for an hour, then upped it 10 degrees for another hour, then upped it ten more for another hour ... until I reached 190 degrees. I cooked it to an internal temp of 160 degrees. They say 150 is ok but I am especially careful when using pork, especially the wild variety. I also have this cool remote thermometer that I can set so that when the internal temp is right an alarm goes off. It woke me at 3:30 this morning. The pepperoni is drier but has less fat. Makes a good mini pizza.

The numbers for the pizza: 1 pizza is 256 calories with 6 net carbs. Not too bad.

7. #1850 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post
    Me charcoal grilled chicken quarter, salad w/romaine, cucumbers, avocado, grape tomatoes and ranch.

YUM!!

8. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

9. #1851 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    IThe numbers for the pizza: 1 pizza is 256 calories with 6 net carbs. Not too bad.
    Not at all! And you know your meat doesn't have additives, hormones, e-coli, and other gunk in it.

How has your garden harvest been so far?

10. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

11. #1852 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post

Good stuff I have tried every flavor, especially like the pork one..

That one is real good as it doesn't have all the sugar burning...
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

12. #1853 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I love meat. When my mom made a meal without meat I was so disappointed. When I see that Burger King meatless hamburger commercial I cringe. I love meat.

Every year I have an abundance of deer and beef. This year I have concentrated on working with the deer. I have made jerky, meat sticks and salami from a couple of bucks my boy and I got last season. I have been using them mostly for snacks as I have been going high protein and low carb this summer and have lost just shy of 30 lbs. On the new way of eating I have started making mini pizzas using some low carb tortillas, home made (and some bought) pasta sauce and [mostly] pepperoni. So I got the bright idea of making the pepperoni from some of the deer I have on hand. Got to be better for me, right? Anyway, it came out of the smoker last night and it is very good. Here’s what I did:

Ingredients: 6 lb deer, 2 lb fresh pork ( I used wild hog ham), 7 tsp canning salt, 1 Tbsp brown sugar, 3 Tbsp cayenne pepper, 3 Tbsp Paprika, 2 tsp minced garlic, 1/4 c balsamic vinegar, 3/4 c water, 1 1/2 tsp pink salt

Grind deer and pork through a fairly fine grinding plate. Mix the remaining ingredients together to form a sort of slurry. Mix this slurry with the ground meat thoroughly. Refrigerate in a sealed container for at least 24 hours. Give a final mix, stuff in 2 1/2 to 3 in Sausage casing. Cook slowly... I started mine at 140 degrees for an hour, then upped it 10 degrees for another hour, then upped it ten more for another hour ... until I reached 190 degrees. I cooked it to an internal temp of 160 degrees. They say 150 is ok but I am especially careful when using pork, especially the wild variety. I also have this cool remote thermometer that I can set so that when the internal temp is right an alarm goes off. It woke me at 3:30 this morning. The pepperoni is drier but has less fat. Makes a good mini pizza.

The numbers for the pizza: 1 pizza is 256 calories with 6 net carbs. Not too bad.
    Yea, none of us where sure if you were a vegan or not..

If anyone doubted they would merely need to read that description to feel the love....

Sounds awesome, you are truly a blessed man, enjoy...
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

13. #1854 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,089 Times in 33,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,080 Times in 4,696 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    It's horrible. I still haven't heard from my friend near Willow. I'm really getting worried to the point of bugging her via phone.
    I hope she is okay.

14. The Following User Groans At Phantasmal For This Awful Post:

15. #1855 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    I hope she is okay.
    Me too, thanks. Are you guys doing all right?

16. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

17. #1856 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Not at all! And you know your meat doesn't have additives, hormones, e-coli, and other gunk in it.

How has your garden harvest been so far?
    Not as good as last year but it’s all good. No sauerkraut or green beans this year ... too wet early. Everything else has done well. Loads of tomatoes, okra and squash of different varieties. Should have some pecans to gather this fall.

I’ve got your peach seeds drying. I’ll send them your way sometime next week.

18. #1857 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Not as good as last year but it’s all good. No sauerkraut or green beans this year ... too wet early. Everything else has done well. Loads of tomatoes, okra and squash of different varieties. Should have some pecans to gather this fall.

I’ve got your peach seeds drying. I’ll send them your way sometime next week.
    Awesome, thank you so much!

Our gardens have mostly done well this year, esp. squash. Last year I got a single zucchini, and no acorns or Lakotas at all. This year we're drowning in zucchinis and there are winter squash of all kinds overflowing the beds and hoop house! The fall-planted garlic didn't do much, but the onions and potatoes sure did. I started tomatoes indoors this past spring and they are weighed down with fruits. Not getting ripe yet; I suspect that they're saving that for when I go back to school next week. lol The peas and wax beans did great; got a second planting in, hope we get some before we run out of summer. It's going to be close. It was 49F when I got up this morning. That's by the lake; inland they were expected to have some frost here and there.

I used mycogrow this year; it really seems to have made a big difference! My gardening daughter tried it as well and reports great results. Have you ever tried it?

https://fungi.com/collections/mycogrow

19. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

20. #1858 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I’ve never used that. Will have to look into it especially for my smaller projects. We have several cattle ranchers and commercial chicken growers around here so I use manure to replenish my ground every few years. My brother raises rabbits and I use that when I can. Was already planning next year’s garden while I was riding with my cousin to an Academic competition yesterday. We usually partner up on a melon patch didn’t plant a single melon this year because of the rains in the spring and early summer. We’re missing having an abundance of watermelons and cantaloupes to enjoy and give away. Looking to remedy that next year but will definitely have to replenish the soil in the patch because melons really sap the nutrients from the ground. We probably gave away over 40 cantaloupes and over 30 watermelons last year besides eating our fill.

21. #1859 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I’ve never used that. Will have to look into it especially for my smaller projects. We have several cattle ranchers and commercial chicken growers around here so I use manure to replenish my ground every few years. My brother raises rabbits and I use that when I can. Was already planning next year’s garden while I was riding with my cousin to an Academic competition yesterday. We usually partner up on a melon patch didn’t plant a single melon this year because of the rains in the spring and early summer. We’re missing having an abundance of watermelons and cantaloupes to enjoy and give away. Looking to remedy that next year but will definitely have to replenish the soil in the patch because melons really sap the nutrients from the ground. We probably gave away over 40 cantaloupes and over 30 watermelons last year besides eating our fill.
    Wow. Things we can't really grow here. Sure do miss them! When we lived in the country we used to get melons, tomatoes, and other stuff from the farm up the road. They also had dairy cows. The lady farmer, Norma, said how she'd dig a huge deep hole for each tomato plant, fill it half full with cow manure, then plant the mater and mound it up with soil/manure mix. Her tomatoes were huge, like baseballs! And those cantaloupe.... man oh man. You're lucky!

22. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

23. #1860 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Wow. Things we can't really grow here. Sure do miss them! When we lived in the country we used to get melons, tomatoes, and other stuff from the farm up the road. They also had dairy cows. The lady farmer, Norma, said how she'd dig a huge deep hole for each tomato plant, fill it half full with cow manure, then plant the mater and mound it up with soil/manure mix. Her tomatoes were huge, like baseballs! And those cantaloupe.... man oh man. You're lucky!
    Yep, vine ripe melons, nothing like them......