Members banned from this thread: Legion Fag, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, canceled.2021.1, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, canceled.2021.3, Text Drivers are Killers, CFM, Cancel 2018.2, Evmetro, RB 60, PraiseKek, TOP, MyParentsAreProud, We Stand, linedrive, AnnieOakley and Tommatthews

Page 42 of 151 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast

Thread: Jade's Recipe Exchange.

1. #616 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,027 Times in 6,221 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

I just bought some awesome honey.

I have a recipe to try, but anyone else have some killer honey related recipes? This is mine, and it is so simple I can make it even in my miserable shape. http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipe..._source=yummly

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jade Dragon For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (02-21-2018)

3. #617 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Since some people were idiots judging my discussions, lets shut them up with this yummy, and healthy stuff.

https://www.yummly.com/#recipe/Bruss...-Bacon-1819401

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jade Dragon For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (02-21-2018)

5. #618 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    Since some people were idiots judging my discussions, lets shut them up with this yummy, and healthy stuff.

https://www.yummly.com/#recipe/Bruss...-Bacon-1819401
    if God intended us to eat healthy he wouldn’t have invented heart disease...or the French.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

6. #619 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Here’s my favorite Brussel Sprouts recipe. Brussel Sprouts can be tricky and nothing is nastier than mushy Brussel Sprouts. This may not be the best recipe but it’s easy and is delicious.

Split Brussel Sprouts in half and place cut side down on a cookie sheet covered with olive oil. Roast at 400deg f for 20 minutes or until cut side starts to carmalize. Pull cookie sheet and sprinkle Parm over them. Not the Kraft crap (though that will work in a pinch) but real Parm. Then pop back in the oven for 5 minutes than serve. You should not need to season them as there is plenty of salt in the Parm.

7. #620 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I have the hardware to prove otherwise.

how much smoke do you think you get for those two hours while wrapped? all the smoke flavor any cut needs is in the first 2 hrs.

"falling off the bone" is over cooked and mushy. I like a little bite and tug.

Attachment 5960
    Attachment 5961

They need to be able to bend but not break when picked halfway up with tongs. if they don't or it breaks they are over or under.
    Agreed. I have a cheap assed smoker that can’t keep a consistent temperature profile so I just smoke them two to four hours, depending on the size of the cut, then pop them in my oven and cook them to perfection low and slow.

I never wrap my BBQ in foil cause it fucks up the bark.
    Last edited by Mott the Hoople; 02-21-2018 at 07:46 AM.

8. #621 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Anyone have any recipes of things, that you can make in abundance, that will freeze, and reheat well?
    Here’s my braised pork recipe. Freezes very well.

Place bone in Boston Butt in a Dutch Oven. Add I large can diced tomatoes, 1 cup each of diced onion, carrots and celery, 1cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup mustard, 1 tsp cracked red pepper, 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce and a dribble of liquid smoke and some S&P and some sage. Cover and toss in oven at 250 deg f four four to six hours or until fall apart tender. Remove from oven, take out the bone, shred meat and place back in oven uncovered till sauce reduces to desired consistency.

I usually make sandwiches with it but is also good on mashed potatoes or rice.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

domer76 (02-21-2018), ThatOwlWoman (02-21-2018)

10. #622 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,245 Times in 7,658 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    if God intended us to eat healthy he wouldn’t have invented heart disease...or the French.
    Laugh, laugh, laugh.

Reminds me of an argument I have with my sister quite often.

She is very much into French cuisine; I decidedly am not.

I often mention to her that one does not have to be a master chef to make things taste great...if the major ingredients are most often lots of butter and heavy cream. A homeless derelict can pull that off with the only other ingredient being a stale bagel.

She really doesn't like when I do that.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

evince (02-21-2018)

12. #623 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,401 Times in 53,278 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

I just bought some awesome honey.
    I have a recipe to try, but anyone else have some killer honey related recipes? This is mine, and it is so simple I can make it even in my miserable shape. http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipe..._source=yummly
    Oh wow. I miss our bees a lot.

13. #624 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    Laugh, laugh, laugh.

Reminds me of an argument I have with my sister quite often.

She is very much into French cuisine; I decidedly am not.

I often mention to her that one does not have to be a master chef to make things taste great...if the major ingredients are most often lots of butter and heavy cream. A homeless derelict can pull that off with the only other ingredient being a stale bagel.

She really doesn't like when I do that.
    I actually tend to your sisters side of the argument. Though used aplenty in French cuisine there is far more to French cooking that butter and cream. I think French cuisine is the greatest cuisine in the world and most difficult to prepare right. It's bloody damned good too. Having said that...heart healthy it is not! LOL

14. #625 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 154 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

If it is Top your welcome to report it, since it is violating the rules. I don't feel good enough to care right now. As long as it's kept to food, I don't really mind. Back to trying to rest for me.

Why do people here think posters are someone else constantly? It's fucking odd.

Who is staff here and what sock tracking systems do they have. I can help if needed. These insane assholes following me around calling me several different users is really odd.

15. #626 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Anyone have any recipes of things, that you can make in abundance, that will freeze, and reheat well?
    Green Chili stew
    •3 tablespoons vegetable oil
    •1.5 pounds pork butt, cut in 1-inch cubes
    •1.5 cups diced onion
    •1 tablespoon minced garlic
    •1 pound red or white potatoes, cut in 1-inch cubes
    •2-3 teaspoons salt, to taste
    •3 cups roasted, peeled, chopped green chiles
    •3 tablespoons diced red bell pepper
    •2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, or to taste

1. Heat the oil in a 6-quart pot over high heat and brown the meat in batches. Set aside.
    2. In the same oil, sauté the onions until golden. Add the garlic and sauté 1 minute. Return the meat to the pan along with any juices that have accumulated.
    3. Add the broth, potatoes and salt, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 1 hour, until the potatoes are tender.
    4. Add the green chiles and bell for the next pepper, and cook 15-20 minutes more. Add the cilantro, stir and serve.
    You can substitute beef sirloin and beef broth for the porku and chicken broth. But that would be wrong. Ditto using canned green chile. If you didn’t score some freshly roasted New Mexican chile this fall, buy some poblanos and Anaheims from the local grocery, blacken them on the grill or under the broiler, put them in a Ziploc bag and chuck them into thej freezer for 15 minutes. Remove, peel, seed and chop. A 50-50 mix of poblanos and Anaheims should work nicely.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Underdog For This Post:

domer76 (02-22-2018), Jade Dragon (02-22-2018), JqYaqui (02-26-2018)

17. #627 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Here’s my favorite Brussel Sprouts recipe. Brussel Sprouts can be tricky and nothing is nastier than mushy Brussel Sprouts. This may not be the best recipe but it’s easy and is delicious.

Split Brussel Sprouts in half and place cut side down on a cookie sheet covered with olive oil. Roast at 400deg f for 20 minutes or until cut side starts to carmalize. Pull cookie sheet and sprinkle Parm over them. Not the Kraft crap (though that will work in a pinch) but real Parm. Then pop back in the oven for 5 minutes than serve. You should not need to season them as there is plenty of salt in the Parm.

Swap the cookie sheet with a heated cast iron pan. add salt and pepper.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Underdog For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (02-22-2018)

19. #628 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,313 Times in 10,504 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Here’s my braised pork recipe. Freezes very well.

Place bone in Boston Butt in a Dutch Oven. Add I large can diced tomatoes, 1 cup each of diced onion, carrots and celery, 1cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup mustard, 1 tsp cracked red pepper, 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce and a dribble of liquid smoke and some S&P and some sage. Cover and toss in oven at 250 deg f four four to six hours or until fall apart tender. Remove from oven, take out the bone, shred meat and place back in oven uncovered till sauce reduces to desired consistency.

I usually make sandwiches with it but is also good on mashed potatoes or rice.
    Got a 7 pounder last night.

20. #629 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,245 Times in 7,658 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

TURKISH DELIGHT (Not the desert one!)

Package of Filo Dough thawed. (Most packages have two coils of dough…use just one. Keep the other frozen.)

Heat oven to 350 – 375.

Small Eggplant (diced, salted, and sweated.
    One large potato…sliced, cubed, chunked, or coarsely grated…lightly sautéed in olive oil.
    Large leek…chopped and thoroughly washed.
    One pound chopped meat…browned and drained.
    One large mushroom finely diced and sautéed.
    ¾ cup Jarlsberg or Swiss Cheese course grated.
    Optional: garlic clove diced and added to the eggplant while sautéing.

Salt, black pepper or cayenne pepper to taste. (Best to season each element while browning or sautéing.

Dampening mixture: Cup and a half of milk, half cup olive oil, one beaten egg, beaten together.

Sauté the eggplant ‘til edges brown; sauté the potato; sauté the mushrooms…you can do these in separate frying pans or one. If in one, potatoes first, add eggplant then add mushrooms. In a large fry pan (I use a wok) brown the meat…and drain.**
    Integrate everything except the cheese (into the wok) and just let simmer for one minute. Add a spoonful of water to aid in the integration if necessary. Remove from heat and add the cheese. Mix thoroughly.

Butter an 8 x 8 glass oven container thoroughly…and then start putting about a half of the filo dough along the bottom and around the sides. Take each fine layer of dough and wad it, not tightly, but loosely. Takes a bit of doing, but you end up building up a nest of sorts. Spoon a few spoonfuls of the Dampening mixture over the bottom wads.

Dump the integrated mixture into the nest…and then top that with the remaining dough sheets…using the same wadding method.

Pour the remaining Dampening mixture over the top, being sure to get some mixture over all the dough…and jab a sharp knife or fork so as to allow the mixture to get through.

Chuck into the oven for 30 minutes…until top is brown.

I like to serve it topped with some white sauce. (You can get that recipe from the Internet)

100_2421.jpg Left click for larger picture

Max deliciouso...and spectacular as left-overs.

21. #630 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Why do people here think posters are someone else constantly? It's fucking odd.

Who is staff here and what sock tracking systems do they have. I can help if needed. These insane assholes following me around calling me several different users is really odd.
    Because they don't crack down, and some people have anywhere from 2 - a legion of sock accounts. A few posters have created socks to enter a discussion they are banned from, and that's something that can get you banned here. I heard you were Top, but it was confirmed someone knew you from Debatepolitics instead.

Top has been obsessed with my discussions, because she is banned from them, and has personal drama with me, and a few of my friends. She talks a lot about pitbulls, and she tries to claim she's a Christian. The way she is that would be a screen name she would have used, because it would be abrasive in those manners. Sorry for the mix ups.