Members banned from this thread: Legion Fag, USFREEDOM911, Havana Moon, PostmodernProphet, I Love America, Teflon Don, Dark Soul, QuidProJoe, Text Drivers are Killers, CFM, Cancel 2018.2, Evmetro, RB 60, PraiseKek, TOP, Eagle-Eye, MyParentsAreProud, We Stand, linedrive, AnnieOakley and Tommatthews


Page 109 of 136 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 2039

Thread: Jade's Recipe Exchange.

  1. #1621 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    25,027
    Thanks
    44,244
    Thanked 17,750 Times in 11,096 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,507 Times in 1,428 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post
    I usually go with the regular because they have lower carbs and sugar.
    Lower than the low- or zero-fat kind? Are they trying to make up for the loss of taste from the removal of the fat by adding sugar?

  2. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

    Teflon Don (07-21-2019)

  3. #1622 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    7,518
    Thanks
    5,315
    Thanked 4,317 Times in 2,996 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 221 Times in 207 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Lower than the low- or zero-fat kind? Are they trying to make up for the loss of taste from the removal of the fat by adding sugar?
    I think so. They replace the fat with other things like sugar.
    ​................

  4. #1623 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,140
    Thanks
    124
    Thanked 222 Times in 181 Posts
    Groans
    26
    Groaned 101 Times in 97 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post
    I think so. They replace the fat with other things like sugar.
    Fat is probably better for you then sugar

  5. The Following User Groans At John K Jones For This Awful Post:

    Teflon Don (07-21-2019)

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to John K Jones For This Post:

    Life is Golden (07-09-2019)

  7. #1624 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    25,027
    Thanks
    44,244
    Thanked 17,750 Times in 11,096 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,507 Times in 1,428 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post
    I think so. They replace the fat with other things like sugar.
    Let's go talk about fat at the Tavern. I need a drink. lol

  8. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

    Teflon Don (07-21-2019)

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

    Life is Golden (07-09-2019)

  10. #1625 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    7,518
    Thanks
    5,315
    Thanked 4,317 Times in 2,996 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 221 Times in 207 Posts

    Default

    Does anyone use Instant Pot? I've heard people talking about them, do they work like a pressure cooker?
    ​................

  11. #1626 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    State of Bliss
    Posts
    19,154
    Thanks
    7,095
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    433
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post
    Does anyone use Instant Pot? I've heard people talking about them, do they work like a pressure cooker?
    I think anatta sells them..

    "Corporate America today is the lobbying arm of the Chinese Communist Party and Wall Street is the investor relations department," Steve Bannon.

    "Tell the truth, I think, for a change," Carter told MSNBC when asked what advice he would give Trump.

  12. #1627 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    25,027
    Thanks
    44,244
    Thanked 17,750 Times in 11,096 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,507 Times in 1,428 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post
    Does anyone use Instant Pot? I've heard people talking about them, do they work like a pressure cooker?
    Yes, they do. We have one. I've made corned beef and cabbage and pot roast in them. If you're on Facebook, there are several large Instant Pot groups with great recipes and tips n tricks. And of course (shameless plug) Taste of Home's website has a lot of great recipes too. The only thing I don't like about it is that it's noisy and scared the birds. They got used to it by and by though.

  13. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

    Teflon Don (07-21-2019)

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

    Bill (07-09-2019), Life is Golden (07-09-2019)

  15. #1628 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    10,151
    Thanks
    2,894
    Thanked 6,197 Times in 4,127 Posts
    Groans
    422
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post
    Does anyone use Instant Pot? I've heard people talking about them, do they work like a pressure cooker?
    In just about every way but canning, or jarring. It doesn't get hot enough, or have enough pressure, to prevent Botulism toxicity in your home canned, or jarred foodstuffs.

  16. #1629 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    7,518
    Thanks
    5,315
    Thanked 4,317 Times in 2,996 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 221 Times in 207 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Yes, they do. We have one. I've made corned beef and cabbage and pot roast in them. If you're on Facebook, there are several large Instant Pot groups with great recipes and tips n tricks. And of course (shameless plug) Taste of Home's website has a lot of great recipes too. The only thing I don't like about it is that it's noisy and scared the birds. They got used to it by and by though.
    I love Taste of Home -- they have awesome recipes. I've liked them for years, back when all they had were magazines in stores. I have a pressure cooker but no instant pot.
    ​................

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Life is Golden For This Post:

    ThatOwlWoman (07-10-2019)

  18. #1630 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    25,027
    Thanks
    44,244
    Thanked 17,750 Times in 11,096 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,507 Times in 1,428 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post
    I love Taste of Home -- they have awesome recipes. I've liked them for years, back when all they had were magazines in stores. I have a pressure cooker but no instant pot.
    I love them too! Esp. the part where most of the recipes don't require that you run out and buy an odd ingredient or seasoning that you'll never use again for anything else.

  19. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

    Teflon Don (07-21-2019)

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

    Life is Golden (07-10-2019)

  21. #1631 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    7,518
    Thanks
    5,315
    Thanked 4,317 Times in 2,996 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 221 Times in 207 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    I love them too! Esp. the part where most of the recipes don't require that you run out and buy an odd ingredient or seasoning that you'll never use again for anything else.
    I know, right? Things like "coriander" or "caraway seeds."
    ​................

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Life is Golden For This Post:

    ThatOwlWoman (07-10-2019)

  23. #1632 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    10,151
    Thanks
    2,894
    Thanked 6,197 Times in 4,127 Posts
    Groans
    422
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    I found a kind of recipe that might be great for those that can't handle fat. Well, I don't know if it's any good. If you want your cake, but can't have that much fat, you obviously suffer elsewhere. Basically, it said you take a box cake mix and a can of soda. You follow the baking, and mixing, using just those two things. The flavor is important. Ginger ale and spice cake were ones that were mentioned.

  24. #1633 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    7,518
    Thanks
    5,315
    Thanked 4,317 Times in 2,996 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 221 Times in 207 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    I found a kind of recipe that might be great for those that can't handle fat. Well, I don't know if it's any good. If you want your cake, but can't have that much fat, you obviously suffer elsewhere. Basically, it said you take a box cake mix and a can of soda. You follow the baking, and mixing, using just those two things. The flavor is important. Ginger ale and spice cake were ones that were mentioned.
    In the past, using applesauce in place of butter/oil with cake/brownie mixes was a way to lower fat, as well.
    ​................

  25. #1634 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Steeler Nation
    Posts
    48,750
    Thanks
    35,338
    Thanked 23,252 Times in 16,639 Posts
    Groans
    3,588
    Groaned 2,301 Times in 2,196 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    IS THERE ANYTHING, SAVORY, THAT BLUE CHEESE ISN'T AWESOME ON?? Assuming of course you love blue cheese/Roquefort..
    Nothing! Blue cheese is fantastic!
    #Not My President



    "Alabama was going to be hit or grazed, and then Hurricane Dorian took a different path (up along the East Coast). The Fake News knows this very well. That's why they're the Fake News!"





    "christiefan" stands for Agatha, not Chris

  26. The Following User Groans At christiefan915 For This Awful Post:

    Teflon Don (07-21-2019)

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

    Bill (07-19-2019)

  28. #1635 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Steeler Nation
    Posts
    48,750
    Thanks
    35,338
    Thanked 23,252 Times in 16,639 Posts
    Groans
    3,588
    Groaned 2,301 Times in 2,196 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Oh lord does that look good!
    What the heck is sweetened condensed milk?
    #Not My President



    "Alabama was going to be hit or grazed, and then Hurricane Dorian took a different path (up along the East Coast). The Fake News knows this very well. That's why they're the Fake News!"





    "christiefan" stands for Agatha, not Chris

  29. The Following User Groans At christiefan915 For This Awful Post:

    Teflon Don (07-21-2019)

Similar Threads

  1. New Pasta Recipe
    By Mott the Hoople in forum Sports, Hobbies & Pictures
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 01-01-2018, 01:00 PM
  2. Best Recipe Ever!
    By Thorn in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 03-07-2010, 07:15 AM
  3. What is your best recipe
    By Mott the Hoople in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 02-16-2010, 09:26 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •