Members banned from this thread: Legion Fag, USFREEDOM911, Primavera, PostmodernProphet, canceled.2021.1, canceled.2021.2, Jim Eagle, canceled.2021.3, Text Drivers are Killers, CFM, Cancel 2018.2, Evmetro, RB 60, PraiseKek, TOP, MyParentsAreProud, We Stand, linedrive, AnnieOakley and Tommatthews


Page 149 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150 LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 2250

Thread: Jade's Recipe Exchange.

  1. #2221 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    margaritaville
    Posts
    15,816
    Thanks
    6,504
    Thanked 7,796 Times in 5,348 Posts
    Groans
    18
    Groaned 431 Times in 409 Posts

    Default

    The few times I do cook my wife generally ends up giving me the old stink eye when Im done. Lets just say the kitchen looks one way when She cooks,....and quite another when I cook. She's not a fan.... but honey,...I said I would COOK,....I never said I would clean! That doesnt really fall in my job description...LOL
    Check out my thread in the Off Topic zone labeled " Ive noticed a really odd trend in here"

  2. #2222 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    59,495
    Thanks
    98,035
    Thanked 49,967 Times in 32,385 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 4,131 Times in 3,880 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Yep, sure have. I made a whole Mexican casserole and poured cornbread mix over the top then baked it. It was very good.
    Sounds like. Sometimes I make jalapeno cornbread with corn kernels, diced onion and jalapenos, cheddar cheese. Good stuff!
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -- JFK (5/17/61)

  3. #2223 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    margaritaville
    Posts
    15,816
    Thanks
    6,504
    Thanked 7,796 Times in 5,348 Posts
    Groans
    18
    Groaned 431 Times in 409 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Sounds like. Sometimes I make jalapeno cornbread with corn kernels, diced onion and jalapenos, cheddar cheese. Good stuff!
    Yep...good stuff.
    Check out my thread in the Off Topic zone labeled " Ive noticed a really odd trend in here"

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stone For This Post:

    ThatOwlWoman (01-10-2022)

  5. #2224 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    11,728
    Thanks
    2,892
    Thanked 6,270 Times in 4,172 Posts
    Groans
    422
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Let me know so I will take the heartburn and butthole fire pills beforehand.
    Found my recipe from 2017.

    My Inferno chili (No Holds Barred Trial Edition) This is for a large batch, I leave math up to others that want it cut in half, or more. If any takers exist.

    About a pound of ground chuck, with a half a pound of ground sirloin. (Mix with plenty of sriracha seasoning, and about half a bottle of green Tabasco, or other green sauce. Let sit for a few hours in a large plastic bag, in the fridge.)
    1 package of ground hot chorizo.
    1 2.5 oz hot Mexican style chili powder
    2 TBSP regular chili powder
    1 & 1/3 TBSP scotch bonnet powder (Revised from 1 TBSP)
    1 4.0 gram vile of 7 pot brain strain powder
    7 jalapenos diced
    1 1/2 pint of habaneros diced
    2 cipollini onions peeled, and diced
    10 dried Thai peppers, 1 dried ghost pepper, 2 dried Trinidad scorpion peppers (grind in mortar, and pestle with little bit of water)
    2 10 oz cans, Rotel Diced tomatoes, with habaneros
    1 28 oz can of stewed tomatoes
    2 14.5 oz diced tomatoes (no salt added)
    1 14.5 oz stewed tomatoes (Mexican style)
    10-15 grinds of Szechuan peppercorn
    1 TBSP smoked paprika
    1 TBSP dried lemon peel
    1 TBSP dried Marjoram
    1 TBSP crushed red pepper
    1 TSP ground cumin
    2 TBSP Turbinado sugar (Revised from 1 & 1/3 TBSP total.)
    Small palm full of Smoked sea salt (I used smoked serrano for more heat)
    1 46 fl oz can Tomato juice
    1 average size bottle dark ale

    I don't think I need to explain making a one pot stew, but just make sure to brown all the meat, and drain it of fat before putting it in the pot. Beans are optional, just make any beans you like, add some to a bowl, and top with chili. It can be a little much to handle with all the spice, and an addition of beans.

    This is a trial recipe of what I've learned, and done before. It's cooking slowly now, so I don't know if it's a complete success, or not.

    WARNING: Handle ingredients with care, using gloves for pepper preparations. Use a non porous material to cut on, and keep all animals away.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jade Dragon For This Post:

    AProudLefty (01-10-2022)

  7. #2225 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    margaritaville
    Posts
    15,816
    Thanks
    6,504
    Thanked 7,796 Times in 5,348 Posts
    Groans
    18
    Groaned 431 Times in 409 Posts

    Default

    From memory......

    I fried up some ground beef, diced onion, diced red and green peppers, and seasoned with a little taco seasoning. Drained the whole thing and added in 1 half can of sweet corn, some diced jalapeno's, a drained can of diced tomato's , and one of those small cans of tomato sauce. " didnt want it runny" . Mixed it all up good and poured it in a big baking pan. Then when it was all spread out I added a good layer of shredded cheddar cheese. Then.......... I mixed up some corn bread mix and poured it all evenly over the top and baked it. CRAZY GOOD!

    Oh, ...also added a touch of S and P and garlic powder to the meat as it was cooking. STONES Mexican cornbread Casserole!
    Check out my thread in the Off Topic zone labeled " Ive noticed a really odd trend in here"

  8. #2226 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    57,495
    Thanks
    19,939
    Thanked 12,854 Times in 10,425 Posts
    Groans
    710
    Groaned 1,666 Times in 1,607 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    Found my recipe from 2017.

    My Inferno chili (No Holds Barred Trial Edition) This is for a large batch, I leave math up to others that want it cut in half, or more. If any takers exist.

    About a pound of ground chuck, with a half a pound of ground sirloin. (Mix with plenty of sriracha seasoning, and about half a bottle of green Tabasco, or other green sauce. Let sit for a few hours in a large plastic bag, in the fridge.)
    1 package of ground hot chorizo.
    1 2.5 oz hot Mexican style chili powder
    2 TBSP regular chili powder
    1 & 1/3 TBSP scotch bonnet powder (Revised from 1 TBSP)
    1 4.0 gram vile of 7 pot brain strain powder
    7 jalapenos diced
    1 1/2 pint of habaneros diced
    2 cipollini onions peeled, and diced
    10 dried Thai peppers, 1 dried ghost pepper, 2 dried Trinidad scorpion peppers (grind in mortar, and pestle with little bit of water)
    2 10 oz cans, Rotel Diced tomatoes, with habaneros
    1 28 oz can of stewed tomatoes
    2 14.5 oz diced tomatoes (no salt added)
    1 14.5 oz stewed tomatoes (Mexican style)
    10-15 grinds of Szechuan peppercorn
    1 TBSP smoked paprika
    1 TBSP dried lemon peel
    1 TBSP dried Marjoram
    1 TBSP crushed red pepper
    1 TSP ground cumin
    2 TBSP Turbinado sugar (Revised from 1 & 1/3 TBSP total.)
    Small palm full of Smoked sea salt (I used smoked serrano for more heat)
    1 46 fl oz can Tomato juice
    1 average size bottle dark ale

    I don't think I need to explain making a one pot stew, but just make sure to brown all the meat, and drain it of fat before putting it in the pot. Beans are optional, just make any beans you like, add some to a bowl, and top with chili. It can be a little much to handle with all the spice, and an addition of beans.

    This is a trial recipe of what I've learned, and done before. It's cooking slowly now, so I don't know if it's a complete success, or not.

    WARNING: Handle ingredients with care, using gloves for pepper preparations. Use a non porous material to cut on, and keep all animals away.
    Not enough pills in the world.

    Dachshund Lives Matter

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    please don't troll.



  9. #2227 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    11,728
    Thanks
    2,892
    Thanked 6,270 Times in 4,172 Posts
    Groans
    422
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Not enough pills in the world.

    It's surprisingly not that bad. Pouring a tablespoon of extreme hot sauce in a ramen broth and gobbling it, now that was bad.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jade Dragon For This Post:

    AProudLefty (01-10-2022)

  11. #2228 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    3,541
    Thanks
    212
    Thanked 1,294 Times in 1,063 Posts
    Groans
    8
    Groaned 30 Times in 26 Posts

    Default

    Made low carb Keto cookies
    1 cup almond flour
    1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/2 cup natural Peanut Butter (2 ingredients PB and salt)
    2/3 cup of steva(I used 1/2 that)
    1/4 cup butter
    1 egg
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1/3 cup sugar free chocolate chips
    350 degrees
    12-14 minutes
    Angel of Death

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sock Sockinski For This Post:

    ThatOwlWoman (Yesterday)

  13. #2229 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    1,307
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 71 Times in 70 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default How many grams in a pound. Round it off to the nearest gram.

    I went all the way to LA to tell a kraut that you are now
    generating the automatic by toggling. There’s nothing
    automatic about it. The top secret mission. That fabric
    showed up all by itself. I had nothing to do with it. Look
    there’s a box truck out there. Did you get paid McFly?
    He works from 4 to 4. oUnce again it’s this.



    Let’s fly a kite. Expert pay - E child’s pay - I’m in LA

  14. #2230 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vinland
    Posts
    38,844
    Thanks
    40,698
    Thanked 10,510 Times in 8,000 Posts
    Groans
    10,847
    Groaned 5,875 Times in 5,275 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default

    Cape Cod fish Hash

    2 onions
    2 potatoes
    1 stick of butter
    1 pound of white fish

    Saute onions in butter
    Brown potatoes in same pan adding more butter, push onions aside.
    While potatoes are slowly browning poach fish in boiling water with salt added.
    Again push potatoes aside, add butter and brown fish lightly.

    Season with salt and black pepper and mix ingredients.
    Serve with Ketchup.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rune For This Post:

    Stone (01-10-2022), ThatOwlWoman (Yesterday)

  16. #2231 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    3,541
    Thanks
    212
    Thanked 1,294 Times in 1,063 Posts
    Groans
    8
    Groaned 30 Times in 26 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    Cape Cod fish Hash

    2 onions
    2 potatoes
    1 stick of butter
    1 pound of white fish

    Saute onions in butter
    Brown potatoes in same pan adding more butter, push onions aside.
    While potatoes are slowly browning poach fish in boiling water with salt added.
    Again push potatoes aside, add butter and brown fish lightly.

    Season with salt and black pepper and mix ingredients.
    Serve with Ketchup.
    Ketchup on fish?
    Angel of Death

  17. #2232 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vinland
    Posts
    38,844
    Thanks
    40,698
    Thanked 10,510 Times in 8,000 Posts
    Groans
    10,847
    Groaned 5,875 Times in 5,275 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sock Sockinski View Post
    Ketchup on fish?
    Totally bomb.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

  18. #2233 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    11,728
    Thanks
    2,892
    Thanked 6,270 Times in 4,172 Posts
    Groans
    422
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    I drooled a little looking at these. https://www.cupcakeproject.com/salte...2549366_106221

  19. #2234 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    59,495
    Thanks
    98,035
    Thanked 49,967 Times in 32,385 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 4,131 Times in 3,880 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    Cape Cod fish Hash

    2 onions
    2 potatoes
    1 stick of butter
    1 pound of white fish

    Saute onions in butter
    Brown potatoes in same pan adding more butter, push onions aside.
    While potatoes are slowly browning poach fish in boiling water with salt added.
    Again push potatoes aside, add butter and brown fish lightly.

    Season with salt and black pepper and mix ingredients.
    Serve with Ketchup.
    That all sounds great till the catsup part. lol

    Is "white fish" an actual species there, or just a generic name? We have "white fish" here that come from the big lake, and are sold by that name.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -- JFK (5/17/61)

  20. #2235 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    59,495
    Thanks
    98,035
    Thanked 49,967 Times in 32,385 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 4,131 Times in 3,880 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    I drooled a little looking at these. https://www.cupcakeproject.com/salte...2549366_106221
    My teeth hurt just looking at those! lol

    Mr. Owl is making us molasses spice cookies this afternoon. It's payback for the vat of ham and 15-bean soup I made for him yesterday.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -- JFK (5/17/61)

Similar Threads

  1. New Pasta Recipe
    By Mott the Hoople in forum Sports, Hobbies & Pictures
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 01-01-2018, 01:00 PM
  2. Best Recipe Ever!
    By Thorn in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 03-07-2010, 07:15 AM
  3. What is your best recipe
    By Mott the Hoople in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 02-16-2010, 09:26 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •