Thread: Well, least we got evidence that another GOP Congressional Committee is a sham

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,247 Times in 13,970 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Default Well, least we got evidence that another GOP Congressional Committee is a sham

"White House: Trump Jr. had ‘legitimate reason’ to refuse to discuss conversation with president"

"Donald Trump Jr. had a “legitimate reason” while testifying before lawmakers to decline to discuss a conversation with his father by citing attorney-client privilege, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Thursday."

"Trump Jr. declined to tell members of the House Intelligence Committee on Wednesday about a conversation with President Donald Trump over the summer after news broke that Trump’s eldest son had met with Russian-linked contacts in Trump Tower during the 2016 presidential race."

"Though neither the president nor his son is an attorney, Trump Jr. told congressional investigators that the discussion was subject to attorney-client privilege because there was a lawyer in the room"

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...86075?lo=ap_b1

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't attorney-client privileges apply to the need to keep conversations between an attorney and his client secret? And the questions asked were in reference to the son's conversations with his father, which last I knew, neither one is an attorney. This is right up there with the claim the President can't obstruct justice

Also points out that the House investigating committee has no real interest in examining Russian influence in the election, no legitimate investigating entity would let that pass, they are more interesting in getting their endless Hillary conspiracies air time. Mueller's is the only real investigation

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    "White House: Trump Jr. had ‘legitimate reason’ to refuse to discuss conversation with president"

"Donald Trump Jr. had a “legitimate reason” while testifying before lawmakers to decline to discuss a conversation with his father by citing attorney-client privilege, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Thursday."

"Trump Jr. declined to tell members of the House Intelligence Committee on Wednesday about a conversation with President Donald Trump over the summer after news broke that Trump’s eldest son had met with Russian-linked contacts in Trump Tower during the 2016 presidential race."

"Though neither the president nor his son is an attorney, Trump Jr. told congressional investigators that the discussion was subject to attorney-client privilege because there was a lawyer in the room"

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...86075?lo=ap_b1

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't attorney-client privileges apply to the need to keep conversations between an attorney and his client secret? And the questions asked were in reference to the son's conversations with his father, which last I knew, neither one is an attorney. This is right up there with the claim the President can't obstruct justice

Also points out that the House investigating committee has no real interest in examining Russian influence in the election, no legitimate investigating entity would let that pass, they are more interesting in getting their endless Hillary conspiracies air time. Mueller's is the only real investigation
    Thank goodness for Robert Mueller

3. The Following User Says Thank You to floridafan For This Post:

Phantasmal (12-07-2017)