Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Great MAWA leader

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,219 Times in 3,171 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 239 Times in 227 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Who said anything about the poor? I didn’t. I’m talking about MAWA supporters. Yes well obviously research isn’t your stong suit if you’re going to quote Rand like a 16 year old that just read their first book over 100 pages.

Read the Taxbrain analysis you addle patted nincompoop. This plan, if passed, will raise taxes on about a quarter of middle class taxpayers. By 2026 a third of middle class taxpayers will see their taxes go up by $1600.

Just so our corporate masters can enjoy a regressive tax cut they don’t need. Besides you entirely missed my point. You MAWA’s voted for Trump cause he’s for white working guys and here he is with his only significant legislative accomplishment which does absolutely nothing for his working class supporters.

Which brings me to the point that as a person who has obviously never studied ecology or economics it’s pretty ballsy of you to call others “takers” when you have never once answered my challenge of “just exactly what the hell do you produce?”

So you may want to drop the Ayn Rand references. It only gives you the image of a larval Republican. You might want to read Hayek or Smith. You know? Someone who knows what their talking about. Quoting a philosopher who subjectively wrote about objectivity doesn’t advance your cause. It just make you appear immature and poorly read.
    The stupidity of your comments lies in you pointing to 2026 as when their taxes 'go up'. In reality, they return to the way Obama and your kind like to tax them. All you have to do is get your party to extend the cuts in 2026. Or get the Dems to fight to make them permanent. But you won't do that will you? You will sit here and pretend that you know what you are talking about. You obviously just regurgitate talking points as nothing in the above makes anyone believe you understand economics or the actual ramifications of the tax plan.

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

One of these days Democrats will get smart and let the government run out of money and force Republicans to raise taxes.
    or perhaps they will just cut a lot of the wasteful spending?

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

One of these days Democrats will get smart and let the government run out of money and force Republicans to raise taxes.
    Or maybe they'll get smart and stop spending on things for which the Constitution doesn't grant the federal government delegated authority. If you don't plan to spend more than you know you're bringing it, you don't run out of money.

4. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    People like Mott don't seem to get that if that you don't plan to spend more than you know you'll have coming in, you don't run out of money. That's the smart thing to do. His answer, much like many other Liberals, is plan to spend more than you have then bitch and whine that you need more provided by those already funding the government but who they claim isn't paying a fair share.

5. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Weird because what actually happened is that the tax plan lowers income taxes for the lower and middle income families. What actually happened was the Dems are crying foul because the tax plan shifts taxes on to high income people in blue states. Dems are pissed the tax plans RAISES taxes on the wealthy. So sad. Such hypocrites.
    That’s actually true. Those who live in Blue States with high mortgages will be taking a Hit.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

6. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That’s actually true. Those who live in Blue States with high mortgages will be taking a Hit.
    yep... and the Dems are trying to stop it.

should absolutely cut out the State and local tax deductions along with mortgage interest deduction in excess of $10k.

7. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The stupidity of your comments lies in you pointing to 2026 as when their taxes 'go up'. In reality, they return to the way Obama and your kind like to tax them. All you have to do is get your party to extend the cuts in 2026. Or get the Dems to fight to make them permanent. But you won't do that will you? You will sit here and pretend that you know what you are talking about. You obviously just regurgitate talking points as nothing in the above makes anyone believe you understand economics or the actual ramifications of the tax plan.
    Except that falls wide of my point that this is of little, if any, benefit to his working class supporters unless the corporate tax cut does create economic growth that benefits them directly. This I am rightfully skeptical of.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

Phantasmal (12-11-2017)

9. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

True but you can say the same of the GOP. They both love to spend. They just have different spending priorities and a lack of political will to make hard decisions about decreasing spending or increasing taxes, etc,.

10. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

True but you can say the same of the GOP. They both love to spend. They just have different spending priorities and a lack of political will to make hard decisions about decreasing spending or increasing taxes, etc,.
    The most common complaint of the lefties with spending related to Republicans is the military. If you spend on things for which the Constitution grants you delegated authority, what's the problem?

11. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

yep... and the Dems are trying to stop it.

should absolutely cut out the State and local tax deductions along with mortgage interest deduction in excess of $10k.
    That they are as you can imagine you might if you lived in one of those regions. As long as corporate tax loopholes/ deductions are eliminated then I could see some merit to eliminating mortgage deductions but I don’t think that will happen as it’s to politically popular.

12. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Except that falls wide of my point that this is of little, if any, benefit to his working class supporters unless the corporate tax cut does create economic growth that benefits them directly. This I am rightfully skeptical of.
    Which again is incorrect. The current proposal gives them a lot of benefits regardless of the regressive corporate income tax. The doubling of the standard deduction alone is a big benefit to them. The wider income tax brackets at the lower levels of taxation also benefit them. So it is pure nonsense to state they don't get a benefit.

13. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,978 Times in 32,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

since only the rich have high mortgages, why do you care.......you hate the rich.......

14. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,978 Times in 32,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

his working class supporters don't have interest expense itemized deduction in excess of $10,000.00......and, instead, they get an extra $12,000.00 standard deduction......

15. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That they are as you can imagine you might if you lived in one of those regions. As long as corporate tax loopholes/ deductions are eliminated then I could see some merit to eliminating mortgage deductions but I don’t think that will happen as it’s to politically popular.
    Yet they always claim it is the Reps trying to give tax cuts to the wealthy. Now that they are hitting the wealthy harder, the Dems are crying foul there too.

I am personally all in on eliminating all deductions and loopholes. That said, you don't need to eliminate the corporate side to tax the wealthy on the individual side.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Superfreak For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (12-11-2017)