1. #211 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    You got nothing?
    everybody but you already knew it and you're ignoring the link already provided......kinda sad overall.......

2. #212 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If they're going by the Church's lead, then pedophiles can buy cakes.
    ignorance is as Althea does......

3. #213 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

You got nothing?
    1. I was serious in asking because I remember you and I talking about the gov war on opiods,....
    2. I was serious in asking because I remember you supporting Obama, at least.....

so can you, or will you, answer?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

4. #214 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Just say 'Uncle'. Reducing yourself to arguing minutia won't make you look less foolish.
    You failed to clarify your comment, so is it safe to draw the conclusion that it's because you're unable to.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

5. #215 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,737 Times in 14,332 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    1. I was serious in asking because I remember you and I talking about the gov war on opiods,....
    2. I was serious in asking because I remember you supporting Obama, at least.....

so can you, or will you, answer?
    When you tell me how people pay a penalty if they don't get insurance
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

6. #216 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

When you tell me how people pay a penalty if they don't get insurance
    Under the Affordable Care Act, going without health insurance can mean owing a tax penalty known as the individual shared responsibility payment.

But how does the tax penalty actually work?

When you file your federal income taxes, your return will include a line labeled “Health care, individual responsibility,” and you will check the accompanying box if you had full-year coverage. You should also receive Form 1095-B, Health Coverage, from your coverage provider; this form shows what months you and your family members had minimum essential coverage throughout the year.

If you did not maintain coverage and were not eligible for an exemption, you will owe 1/12 of the annual payment for each month you (or your dependents) did not have coverage or were not exempt.[1]

You will pay the penalty when you file your tax return or in response to a letter from the IRS requesting payment.[2] Some or all of the amount due may be deducted from your refund, if you have one; otherwise, it will increase the amount you owe. The IRS advises that you should not directly pay any individual or tax preparer.

If you owe an individual shared responsibility payment and fail to pay it, the IRS can take the amount you owe from future refunds.[3] However, the law prohibits the IRS from using levies or liens to collect the penalty.[4]

https://www.healthedeals.com/article...-penalty-works
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

7. #217 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    Under the Affordable Care Act, going without health insurance can mean owing a tax penalty known as the individual shared responsibility payment.

But how does the tax penalty actually work?

When you file your federal income taxes, your return will include a line labeled “Health care, individual responsibility,” and you will check the accompanying box if you had full-year coverage. You should also receive Form 1095-B, Health Coverage, from your coverage provider; this form shows what months you and your family members had minimum essential coverage throughout the year.

If you did not maintain coverage and were not eligible for an exemption, you will owe 1/12 of the annual payment for each month you (or your dependents) did not have coverage or were not exempt.[1]

You will pay the penalty when you file your tax return or in response to a letter from the IRS requesting payment.[2] Some or all of the amount due may be deducted from your refund, if you have one; otherwise, it will increase the amount you owe. The IRS advises that you should not directly pay any individual or tax preparer.

If you owe an individual shared responsibility payment and fail to pay it, the IRS can take the amount you owe from future refunds.[3] However, the law prohibits the IRS from using levies or liens to collect the penalty.[4]

https://www.healthedeals.com/article...-penalty-works
    And there it is.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

8. #218 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,435 Times in 2,073 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 172 Times in 170 Posts

And there it is.
    No, here it is:

You pay the fee when you file your federal tax return for the year you don't have coverage.

What happens if I don't pay the fee?

The IRS will hold back the amount of the fee from any future tax refunds. There are no liens, levies, or criminal penalties for failing to pay the fee.

https://www.healthcare.gov/fees/fee-for-not-being-covered/

9. #219 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

And there it is.
    no, there is was.....
    Mar 24, 2016

10. #220 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Althea's on Medicaid and never had a clue that taxpayers have had to pay a fine for not accepting O'care because she's never had to pay fed income taxes...at least for the last 8 years anyway.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

11. #221 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Althea's on Medicaid and never had a clue that taxpayers have had to pay a fine for not accepting O'care because she's never had to pay fed income taxes...at least for the last 8 years anyway.
    It would be interesting to know just how many of those on Medicaid or any other social welfare handout have no clue that the only way they get that handout is for the government to take the money to fund it from those that are actually willing to fund their own way.

12. #222 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Agree. The bakery should not be able to make cakes for those who are divorced, have ever committed adultery, or any of a laundry list of 'sins'.

If they're going by the Church's lead, then pedophiles can buy cakes.
    If idiots come in there and TELL the baker they want a special cake decorated to celebrate adultery, murder, pedophilia, beastiality, necrophilia, rape, stealing, lying, demon-worship, etc. the baker is well-within his rights to decline the 'special request.'
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something

13. #223 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Feel better? I'm not a 'she', and I'm very happy with my insurance from my state's exchange, thank you.

14. #224 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Feel better? I'm not a 'she', and I'm very happy with my insurance from my state's exchange, thank you.
    Are you happy with the subsidy others were forced to fund so you could afford the coverage?

15. #225 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

My apologies on my incorrect guess at gender.
    pain in abortion.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

Althea (12-11-2017)