Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Alabama or OSU?

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,621 Times in 16,555 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

Time to move on now that everyone realizes the Miami-Clemson game was Saturday and the replay was last night.
    The real issue is...will it be too cold to Tailgate for the Bowl games?
    Answer:
    Never

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Time to move on now that everyone realizes the Miami-Clemson game was Saturday and the replay was last night.
    The real issue is...will it be too cold to Tailgate for the Bowl games?
    Answer:
    Never
    I thought about trying to go to New Orleans for the Sugar Bowl. But I decided to tailgate and enjoy the game from Atlanta. And you are absolutely right, it is never too cold to tailgate when your team is in a bowl game.

3. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    Making the playoffs is a combination of several factors. Trying to put it all on one is ignoring reality.

I have simply tried to explain why I think the selection committee chose Alabama. Obviously, they see Ohio State's blow-out loss as more important than the conference championship. Especially when coupled with the fact that they lost 2 games.
    As I've tried to explain, you consider certain factors important when it's someone else and play them off when it's your team.

4. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Emphasize? No. I merely pointed out that the precedent was set prior to this season. It shows that the committee doesn't use conference championships as the benchmark for who get in the playoffs.
    When it's the only factor you mention while claiming all sorts of things go into the consideration, that's called emphasizing it.

Perhaps you should look up the definition for emphasize.

5. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Awww, look at the one calling me a hypocrite and then complaining about people not admitting when they are wrong. lol Too funny.
    When I'm wrong about you, I'll admit it.

Seems you play both sides of the conference championship issue and have admitted your hypocrisy.

6. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

My wife's family is from Dallas. I made reservations to visit Dec 20th - 25th. This was before finding out 'SC was playing in the Cotton Bowl on the 29th. Trying to find a way to switch my schedule to stay from the 25th - 30th instead so I can go to the game. Her family is great but no need to spend ten days with the in-laws. Haha.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

TOP (12-07-2017)

8. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    When it's the only factor you mention while claiming all sorts of things go into the consideration, that's called emphasizing it.

When you and I discussed the selction for last years playoff, I argued it was not a big issue, and you argued it was. Perhaps if you remembered what you post, it would save you the embarrassment.

9. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

When I'm wrong about you, I'll admit it.

Seems you play both sides of the conference championship issue and have admitted your hypocrisy.
    Really? When you insisted that I did not refuse to give you my home address until after I said I would meet you anywhere and after you chose my house, you were wrong. You never admitted it.

10. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

As I've tried to explain, you consider certain factors important when it's someone else and play them off when it's your team.
    Show me a factor that I have called important when it is someone else, and not so when it is Bama's.

11. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It was not the only factor I mentioned, BTW. I mentioned OSU having 2 losses to Alabama's 1. I mentioned the very weak team that OSU played (Illinois at 2-10). I mentioned that OSU played 6 teas with losing records as opposed to Bama playing only 4.

Perhaps you should work on your reading skills? Maybe you'll even get to the point you will read without your lips moving.

Oh, and the board owes you a debt of gratitude. Without you here, no one would know I am a diehard Alabama fan.

12. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

When you and I discussed the selction for last years playoff, I argued it was not a big issue, and you argued it was. Perhaps if you remembered what you post, it would save you the embarrassment.
    It you weren't a hypocrite, I wouldn't have to embarrass you.

December 10, 2016:

"The conference championships matter. Had Clemson or Washington lost their respective conference championships, they would likely not be in the playoffs" - WinterBorn

Alabama didn't play in theirs this year. OSU beat the then #4 team to win theirs.
    Last edited by CFM; 12-07-2017 at 03:40 PM.

13. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Show me a factor that I have called important when it is someone else, and not so when it is Bama's.
    December 10, 2016:

"The conference championships matter. Had Clemson or Washington lost their respective conference championships, they would likely not be in the playoffs"

Last year you used the losing a conference championship as a deciding factor for Clemson and Washington. Unless you're a CU or UW fan, that's someone else. You downplay the importance of the conference championship this year when Alabama didn't play in it. By your own words, that factor is meaningful when it's the other guy and meaningless when it's yours.

Those aren't my words. Those are YOURS.

14. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It was not the only factor I mentioned, BTW. I mentioned OSU having 2 losses to Alabama's 1. I mentioned the very weak team that OSU played (Illinois at 2-10). I mentioned that OSU played 6 teas with losing records as opposed to Bama playing only 4.

Perhaps you should work on your reading skills? Maybe you'll even get to the point you will read without your lips moving.

Oh, and the board owes you a debt of gratitude. Without you here, no one would know I am a diehard Alabama fan.
    You started talking about your precious Alabama long before I posted on any of the football threads. We can look back if you'd like.

15. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It you weren't a hypocrite, I wouldn't have to embarrass you.

December 10, 2016:

"The conference championships matter. Had Clemson or Washington lost their respective conference championships, they would likely not be in the playoffs" - WinterBorn

Alabama didn't play in theirs this year. OSU beat the then #4 team to win theirs.
    Yes, I did say that Clemson or Washington would likely not be in the playoffs if they lost their conference games. You left out a line of the post you quoted. The entire post was: "And they lost more. And they lost to a lower team. That it is the only one I mentioned is irrelevant.

OSU is ranked higher and should be in the playoffs. The conference championships matter. Had Clemson or Washington lost their respective conference championships, they would likely not be in the playoffs. "

Penn State had 2 losses. Including a loss to a lesser team. Getting beaten by a unranked team that finished the regular season 8-4 did not look good. But the two losses was the straw that broke the hope for a playoff spot.

Also, this post that supposedly proved that I was in favor of conference championships only looks that way because you selectively edited it.

You intentionally did not quote the entire post, because it would not prove your point. The sentence "OSU is ranked higher and should be in the playoffs" shows that I obviously do not think conference championships matter as much as other factors. Like total losses (along with who they lost to).

The reason I said Clemson and Washington would likely not make the playoffs if they lost their conference championship games was not that the conference title mattered so much. But because they would have 2 losses. Both teams lost a regular season game. And, so far, no team with 2 losses has made the playoffs.

16. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You started talking about your precious Alabama long before I posted on any of the football threads. We can look back if you'd like.
    I never denied talking about my Alabama Crimson Tide. I have been doing that for years in this forum. You are welcome to look back at that as well.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to WinterBorn For This Post:

Phantasmal (12-07-2017)