Page 16 of 79 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL player sits for US National Anthem but stands for Mexico's National Anthem.

1. #226 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    And so is she. She's the stereotype hater version of "I'm not a racist because my best friend at the gym who I see once a month and nod to is a (insert name of race here) guy! We get along just fine even if he is from (insert name of some other country here).!"

Anyone who tells a "joke" like that on a public forum is a racist. If you changed the subject's identity to "Mexican," or "redneck," or "Southern white Christian," or "dumb blonde," ... what you think?

Hopefully I'll still be here tomorrow 'cause she's on a vendetta to get me banned.
    It knows black people better than black people.

Can't wait to read what she says that I don't know about black people.

Pretty sure I know what it's trying to say, but I don't want to spoil the moment. :0)
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (11-21-2017)

3. #227 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,492 Times in 52,722 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    Have you ever seen 'Rabbit-Proof Fence?' It's an incredible true story that will bring tears to your eyes.

I haven't seen this. Will watch. Thanks.

4. #228 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,085 Times in 25,662 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

And so is she. She's the stereotype hater version of "I'm not a racist because my best friend at the gym who I see once a month and nod to is a (insert name of race here) guy! We get along just fine even if he is from (insert name of some other country here).!"

Anyone who tells a "joke" like that on a public forum is a racist. If you changed the subject's identity to "Mexican," or "redneck," or "Southern white Christian," or "dumb blonde," ... what you think?

Hopefully I'll still be here tomorrow 'cause she's on a vendetta to get me banned.
    Some posters here, like Kek, show their racism right from the get-go. With others you get gob smacked after they've been around awhile. But in my experience the racists always show themselves sooner or later. It's too hard to hide.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Phantasmal (11-22-2017), ThatOwlWoman (11-21-2017)

6. #229 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Our teacher told us about a woman who taught her mother as a child. The woman would have weekly "card games" in her basement. People would come from the rez all around to play cards. Sometimes the sound of drums escaped the basement and the cops were called. People would run every which way into the darkness because in those days to have spiritual gatherings was punishable by jail time.

Can you imagine if this was true now for Christians in this country?

Of course, according to Fox, it is true.
    “I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”

"‘If it weren’t for Christians, I’d be a Christian?"

-- Mahatma Gandhi.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Jade Dragon (11-22-2017), Phantasmal (11-22-2017), ThatOwlWoman (11-21-2017)

8. #230 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,276 Times in 27,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    This last spring, I attended the Carlisle car show and flea market. At around 11:00 AM, the National Anthem started playing. Immediately, there was silence. Every man had removed his hat, every man and woman was standing facing the flag, the vendors and their customers stopped their transactions, even the handicapped stopped their wheelchairs and scooters to observe our flag. Not one idiot on his or her knees, not one word spoken. After it was over, everything continued on as usual. It's all about respect, and it was obvious, we auto enthusiasts have that.
    Why don't you choose to protest the way you want to, and let others decide for themselves how they want to protest.

The teabaggers had their way, and NFL players have theirs. Short of violence and mayhem, there are no rules about the appropriate way to protest. And conservatives - who spent the Bush years defending torture - are in to position to lecture anyone on decency and respect.

Police abuse of people of color is a real issue, that is largely being ignored by old white men and white women in congress and state legislatures. Colin K. obviously felt this was a viable and symbolic way to shed a light on the issue. And from every thing I have learned about this Kaepernick dude, I have endless respect for him. He is obviously a human being of exceptional integrity and introspection - a person with a moral grounding that does not put money at the top of his priorities. Which makes him quite unlike the hero of rightwingers, Donald J. Drumpf.

Colin Kaepernick - Elizabeth Warren, 2020!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Althea (11-22-2017), christiefan915 (11-22-2017), ThatOwlWoman (11-21-2017)

10. #231 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I haven't seen this. Will watch. Thanks.
    Please share what your thoughts of this movie are after you've watched it. Your perspective based on your history is valuable, and I would be greatly appreciative if you would share that wisdom with those of us here who have brains .. and a sense of spirituality.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Phantasmal (11-22-2017), ThatOwlWoman (11-22-2017)

12. #232 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,745 Times in 33,616 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    Have you ever seen Rabbit-Proof Fence?

If not, please do. :0)
    Thanks, I’ll check it out

13. #233 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    There was an article in our paper a few weeks ago. http://www.post-gazette.com/news/sta...s/201710210011

What those people did was shameful.
    It just makes me cry thinking of all those poor little, innocent children and what was done to them.

14. #234 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Our teacher told us about a woman who taught her mother as a child. The woman would have weekly "card games" in her basement. People would come from the rez all around to play cards. Sometimes the sound of drums escaped the basement and the cops were called. People would run every which way into the darkness because in those days to have spiritual gatherings was punishable by jail time.

Can you imagine if this was true now for Christians in this country?

Of course, according to Fox, it is true.
    They have no idea what real oppression is.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (11-22-2017)

16. #235 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    He has no beef with the United States.

Genocide of his people?
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

17. The Following User Says Thank You to FUCK THE POLICE For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (11-22-2017)

18. #236 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,413 Times in 16,403 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

LOL...that poor Fowl and toy boy just can't find a way to move on. Their made up stories and hate filled rants get more elaborate all the time though. Years of practice
    The ignore function is such a blessing. The quote function is priceless, though

19. #237 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,833 Times in 6,110 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Tell me what I should respect about this country as a whole, when it represents so many things that are an abhorrence to my faith, and beliefs. What this country claims to be, as opposed to what it is, is as deplorable to me as less free, and suitable countries. When we represent an over abundance of pride, greed, and prejudices abound, we only give validity to extremists, and the views that we are the devil. The anthem isn't supporting the troops, or this country anyway. If I want to support the troops, or this country I'll donate time, or money to help. I'll stand up and support America the people, not objects of dull compliance, and pride. I certainly won't listen to idiots that complain about disrespect of a flag, but wave a traitorous emblem. Talk about disrespect.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jade Dragon For This Post:

Althea (11-22-2017), ThatOwlWoman (11-22-2017)

21. #238 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,413 Times in 16,403 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cool 90's Kid View Post
    Genocide of his people?
    No (are you one of those "back genocide conspiracy theorists"...how sad is that?)...
    He has no beef with the United States.

22. #239 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Why don't you choose to protest the way you want to, and let others decide for themselves how they want to protest.

The teabaggers had their way, and NFL players have theirs. Short of violence and mayhem, there are no rules about the appropriate way to protest. And conservatives - who spent the Bush years defending torture - are in to position to lecture anyone on decency and respect.

Police abuse of people of color is a real issue, that is largely being ignored by old white men and white women in congress and state legislatures. Colin K. obviously felt this was a viable and symbolic way to shed a light on the issue. And from every thing I have learned about this Kaepernick dude, I have endless respect for him. He is obviously a human being of exceptional integrity and introspection - a person with a moral grounding that does not put money at the top of his priorities. Which makes him quite unlike the hero of rightwingers, Donald J. Drumpf.

Colin Kaepernick - Elizabeth Warren, 2020!

You are correct to a point. However, they are doing it during work hours, so they are making a conscious choice. If the owners so chose, they could put a stop to it and the players would have no recourse. It is clear that the NFL is doing nothing to stop this and their ratings are suffering for it.

Life is all about choices. I have seriously cut back the amount of professional football I have watched this year. I relegate it to one team's game and that is it. I don't bother with the rest. Does that matter to the NFL? Apparently not.

What amazes me about liberals is that in many ways they know how to play a long game, but in others they are fairly shortsighted. For example BAC Panther our resident race hustler says the NFL isn't being hurt because it makes BILLIONS. That is true, but remember, the Titanic didn't sink immediately after it struck the ice berg.

23. #240 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    Tell me what I should respect about this country as a whole, when it represents so many things that are an abhorrence to my faith, and beliefs. What this country claims to be, as opposed to what it is, is as deplorable to me as less free, and suitable countries. When we represent an over abundance of pride, greed, and prejudices abound, we only give validity to extremists, and the views that we are the devil. The anthem isn't supporting the troops, or this country anyway. If I want to support the troops, or this country I'll donate time, or money to help. I'll stand up and support America the people, not objects of dull compliance, and pride. I certainly won't listen to idiots that complain about disrespect of a flag, but wave a traitorous emblem. Talk about disrespect.

Are there other countries that fit your belief system better? If there are, why don't you live there? Now don't misconstrue what I am saying, but if you are that unhappy here, why stay? Surely you could find happiness somewhere else.

Personally, I think it is time to dissolve the United States. We had a good run, but is clear we can no longer function as a unified country. Best to split amicably with little blood shed.

It should be easy to divide up the assets.

We conservatives get all the military assets and nuclear weaponry because liberals hate that stuff

Liberals get all of the homeless, coloreds, muslimes, illegal immigrants and any other victim on their list.

Liberals can have the entire west coast, we will take Texas up around the Gulf of Mexico to North Carolina. The left can have the rest of the east coast.

I am sure we can come up with some workable treaties.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

TOP (11-22-2017)