Page 11 of 79 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL player sits for US National Anthem but stands for Mexico's National Anthem.

1. #151 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,435 Times in 2,073 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 172 Times in 170 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    How do you know? Perhaps he has lost a friend or two to police violence. Or perhaps he simply cares about the hundreds of fellow citizens who have been killed by the police.

Until this country takes some steps to stop corrupt police, you can bet on these protests continuing.
    Really? Do Mexican police enjoy a great reputation with regard to their treatment of minorities?

Yet he stood for their anthem. Curious.

I suspect that this whole charade is nothing but more crowd-sourced bitterness over the 2016 election.

2. #152 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Eye View Post
    You are right I have total disdain for those who are lucky enough to be American but choose to disrepect the nation that gives them the freedom to show that disrespect. What an oximoron (lucky to be an American, but nothing about America to be proud of!). If there is nothing about this country to take pride in, then maybe you should find a country you can be proud of and move there. I hear Canada is nice.
    Althea has unwittingly admitted what I believe to be the real leftist attitude toward our military. They loathe them.

3. #153 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by floriduhfan View Post
    Dont watch football !
    I can tell that you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by floriduhfan View Post
    They are all public events, so why is the anthem only played at professional sporting venues?

4. #154 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,647 Times in 11,630 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by excommunicated View Post
    You might want to go back an re-read that. It was not addressed to you.
    I apologize.

5. #155 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 3 Times in 3 Posts

I apologize.
    No need too. Thanks though.

6. #156 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    So? Eagle sounds like someone who has never spent time around a teacher. Unless you are 60, then you weren't subjected to the draft. If you served, you did so by choice. Imagine not having that choice, and being dragged off to do the bidding of the US in it's wars of aggression?
    You are wrong on every level.
    1. You act like a spoiled brat taking all the freedoms and advantages this country has to offer
    Then you support others who give their country the finger!
    2. I was subject to the draft!
    3. I enlisted in 1965 and retired in 1989 so you are talking out your ass.
    4. I saw combat in Vietnam and did my duty.
    So in short I find you and people who think like you dispicable.

7. #157 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Let me try this again, and let's see if you can give a calm, civil adult response this time.
    With all due respect, do you know what "my group" is? Unless you do, you don't know if "my group" has done "shit" or not.

You mention mentoring at an at-risk middle school, and community activity. That may be great, if you aren't telling the kids what you're posting here....

Let's see if you can take a guess at what "my side" is. And what my involvement in society an the community is. I'm curious, because you condemn without knowing...."shit"
    How do you presume that I don't "give a fuck" about young lives? Let's match stories about these young lives, shall we? O'll let you go first
    What is there to 'guess?' I see the posts you thank and the side of issues that you take.

Additionally, your presumption to tell me about my side told me all I need to know about what side you are not on. Let me guess .. you're no progressive are you? Progressives don't attempt to attack black people with telling them they know more about black people than the black person does. The fact that you would still question me about what side you are on, not only tells me that you're not a progressive, but it also tells me that you're not an intellectual.

Would you consider your post to me to be 'civil?' I wouldn't. But you're surprised that uncivil is what you got back?

Let me repeat this so it will go away forever .. I have no interest in framing anything I ever say ever to the young minds I reach that is based on ANYTHING that is rolling around in your pompous-for-nothing head. :0) Surely you jest. What are you going to tell them .. JJ Watt should be celebrated, but Kaepernick, who put his career on the line .. FOR THEM .. and contributes money to programs THAT HELP THEM .. should be held in contempt because some white people said so .. same white people who vote for an all white political party .. same white people who see nothing wrong when police murder people of color.

:0) Dude, get the fuck outta here with that insanity. Those kids would run your stupid ass out the building. :0)

Now, if you still want to have a conversation, I suggest you put the pompous down. Recognize that I do not require your advice. Stick to issues and be prepared to back up what you claim.
    Last edited by blackascoal; 11-21-2017 at 03:24 PM.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

christiefan915 (11-21-2017), ThatOwlWoman (11-21-2017), TTQ64 (11-21-2017)

9. #158 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You are right I have total disdain for those who are lucky enough to be American but choose to disrepect the nation that gives them the freedom to show that disrespect. What an oximoron (lucky to be an American, but nothing about America to be proud of!). If there is nothing about this country to take pride in, then maybe you should find a country you can be proud of and move there. I hear Canada is nice.
    Then you don't even know what being "American' is about .. hence your confusion.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Althea (11-21-2017)

11. #159 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    Then you don't even know what being "American' is about .. hence your confusion.
    And you are a perfect example of the type of people I was talking about. For some strange reason you continue to think that we are stuck in the 50's when it comes to race. I truly pity you and any young people you come in contact with.

12. #160 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,697 Times in 16,620 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,438 Times in 1,360 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    What is there to 'guess?' I see the posts you thank and the side of issues that you take.

Additionally, your presumption to tell me about my side told me all I need to know about what side you are not on. Let me guess .. you're no progressive are you? Progressives don't attempt to attack black people with telling them they know more about black people than the black person does. The fact that you would still question me about what side you are on, not only tells me that you're not a progressive, but it also tells me that you're not an intellectual.

Would you consider your post to me to be 'civil?' I wouldn't. But you're surprised that uncivil is what you got back?

Let me repeat this so it will go away forever .. I have no interest in framing anything I ever say ever to the young minds I reach that is based on ANYTHING that is rolling around in your pompous-for-nothing head. :0) Surely you jest. What are you going to tell them .. JJ Watt should be celebrated, but Kaepernick, who put his career on the line .. FOR THEM .. and contributes money to programs THAT HELP THEM .. should be held in contempt because some white people said so .. same white people who vote for an all white political party .. same white people who see nothing wrong when police murder people of color.

:0) Dude, get the fuck outta here with that insanity. Those kids would run your stupid ass out the building. :0)

Now, if you still want to have a conversation, I suggest you put the pompous down. Recognize that I do not require your advice. Stick to issues and be prepared to back up what you claim.
    Really? I'm a retired inner city HS (and MS teacher. 32 years (still very active-we're a family, after all-very proud family, as a matter of fact) with academics and coaching... Gee...how is it that they didn't run my stupid ass out of the building?
    You're hilarious...
    Kaepernick put nothing on the line, not for anyone. He should stick to donations, because he's no role model. In fact, our kids, especially our athletes, wouldn't think twice about taking a knee or sitting. Because that's not what you do when the anthem is played. We have all kinds of traditions. You'd be impressed, I'm sure.
    We can talk about "at risk" kids anytime you decide that you're ready for a civil conversation.
    How do you know I'm not black, btw.? Or, if I am white, How do you know if I don't have an interracial family? I can tell you one thing. Call anyone at our school "blackascoal" and that person would get their stupid ass beat

13. #161 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,065 Times in 14,550 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,391 Times in 1,308 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by excommunicated View Post
    They should bring the draft back. Two years service minimum. Everyone, no exceptions. That would change quite a few misconceptions about the military if people had to actually serve in it.
    It would certainly make our chickenhawk legislators think twice before launching new acts of aggression in oil rich regions. Let their sons/daughters go first.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

14. #162 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

And you are a perfect example of the type of people I was talking about. For some strange reason you continue to think that we are stuck in the 50's when it comes to race. I truly pity you and any young people you come in contact with.
    No need to pity me dude .. I'm probably better off than you are.

You seem to believe that race was all about the 50's .. blind as a bat to the problems that still exist.

Your participation is neither requested nor required. There is nothing you have that is of any value to the mission at hand. So relax.

The NFL is not losing attendance because of kneeling protesters, and the NFL is NOT demanding that players stand.

Marshawn Lynch has a net worth of about 50 million dollars .. and he doesn't give a fuck about you either.

Feel sorry for yourself .. but not too sorry .. you might kill yourself. Wouldn't want that.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Althea (11-21-2017), Cypress (11-21-2017), ThatOwlWoman (11-21-2017)

16. #163 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Actually, you should do just that. We have enough delusional 'patriots' that end up going on shooting rampages.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (11-21-2017)

18. #164 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,261 Times in 33,911 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,089 Times in 4,704 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Really? I'm a retired inner city HS (and MS teacher. 32 years (still very active-we're a family, after all-very proud family, as a matter of fact) with academics and coaching... Gee...how is it that they didn't run my stupid ass out of the building?
    You're hilarious...
    Kaepernick put nothing on the line, not for anyone. He should stick to donations, because he's no role model. In fact, our kids, especially our athletes, wouldn't think twice about taking a knee or sitting. Because that's not what you do when the anthem is played. We have all kinds of traditions. You'd be impressed, I'm sure.
    We can talk about "at risk" kids anytime you decide that you're ready for a civil conversation.
    How do you know I'm not black, btw.? Or, if I am white, How do you know if I don't have an interracial family? I can tell you one thing. Call anyone at our school "blackascoal" and that person would get their stupid ass beat
    None of your students support Kap? I truly find that hard to believe.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

christiefan915 (11-21-2017), Cypress (11-21-2017), ThatOwlWoman (11-21-2017)

20. #165 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You are wrong on every level.
    1. You act like a spoiled brat taking all the freedoms and advantages this country has to offer
    Then you support others who give their country the finger!
    2. I was subject to the draft!
    3. I enlisted in 1965 and retired in 1989 so you are talking out your ass.
    4. I saw combat in Vietnam and did my duty.
    So in short I find you and people who think like you dispicable.
    70 years old, and wasting so much time trying to convince people on a message board that you are more deserving than us? None of my Vietnam era friends spew the nonsense that you do. They weren't proud of what they did.

They also weren't proud of what this nation sent them off to do.

I don't believe you.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (11-21-2017)