Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: 'Russiagate’ Zealots Have Become a Major Threat to US National Security

1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Like so many die hard partisans, if it doesn’t end up with Trump=Evil he’s not interested in it lol.

The fact that sort of thing is driving so much of our politics is worse than anything Russia could have done to us.
    you said it best / "unholy alliance".

The Deep State and Congressional war hawks drive the agenda by wielding the Russiaphobia boogeyman.
    Useless blind partisans latch on for the ride

2. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
    This is rich a die hard partisan complaining about die hard partianson. Can’t make this stuff up.
    The best one though is the DNC colluding with Russians via an intermediary and then accusing Trump of colluding with Russians lol.

Let’s see you top that one.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

anatta (11-20-2017)

4. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The best one though is the DNC colluding with Russians via an intermediary and then accusing Trump of colluding with Russians lol.

you couldn't write a stranger scenario if you tried!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Darth Omar (11-20-2017)

6. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,758 Times in 33,625 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Your defense of Trump on everything

7. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

do you think Mueller is looking at THAT Russian collusion?? of course not.
    He'll roam 10 years back into business deals, but he won't take up the obvious collusion to hire a foreign agent.

Jeff Sessions reminds me of a sleepy dog.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Darth Omar (11-20-2017)

9. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    “EVERYONE IS FREAKING OUT”: TRUMP’S WEST WING RACES TO CONTAIN MUELLER FALLOUT
    The Trump-Russia “witch hunt” becomes suddenly, terrifyingly real.

When Sarah Huckabee Sanders, the truculent White House Press secretary, was asked how Donald Trump had taken the news that three former campaign advisers had been charged in the special counsel’s Russia investigation, her reply was brusque. “He responded the same way the rest of us in the White House have—that is, without a lot of reaction, because it doesn’t have anything to do with us.”

Those who have spoken to sources inside the West Wing, however, paint a different picture: of a president fuming over the indictments and consumed by cable news coverage, oscillating furiously between “media critic, legal analyst, and crisis communications strategist,” as The Washington Post reports.

Although the White House had been anticipating charges in Robert Mueller’s “witch hunt” for months, news that one former adviser, George Papadopoulos, had pleaded guilty, and begun working with the F.B.I., exploded like a bomb. Rising before dawn and gluing himself to his television, Trump at first felt vindicated by the charges against Paul Manafort and Richard Gates, which were seemingly unconnected to Russia. “NO COLLUSION!” he tweeted triumphantly, after he spoke with his lawyers. Others were reportedly relieved that the first batch of indictments did not include Trump’s former national security advisor, Michael Flynn. (Manafort and Gates have pleaded not guilty.)

But the president’s mood darkened after hearing that Papadopoulos had, apparently, turned state’s witness. “The walls are closing in,” one senior Republican in close contact with top staffers told the Post, echoing other sources who described Trump as angry and agitated. “Everyone is freaking out.” The New York Times reported that White House aides were “stunned and alarmed.”

Other West Wing sources were more sanguine. There wasn’t “as much of a freakout as you might think,” one official told Politico. While Trump was fixated on the Russia investigation all day, he is said to have been reassured by his lawyers that Mueller won’t threaten him personally, even if he indicts former Trump associates, and will ultimately clear the president’s name. His legal team has urged the investigation to proceed swiftly so that it can be concluded by the end of the year.

Papadopoulos’s guilty plea, and subsequent cooperation with the F.B.I., could upend that timetable—as could the arrests of Manafort and Gates. The overriding assumption is that Mueller believes that the pair have information relating to Trump, which he intends to leverage. As legal experts have told Vanity Fair, the special prosecutor appears to be following a classic anti-mafia playbook: begin by targeting lower-level staffers, then work your way up, using compromising information or legal threats to compel testimony against their higher-ups. Gates, apparently, is a point of particular concern. Possibly facing years in jail, he has a young family, and continued to be involved with the Trump administration after the president was sworn in.

As the fractious situation unfolded, and immediately choked the media cycle, there was widespread frustration among the G.O.P. Yet again, Russia had dominated the start of carefully planned week of policy news, in which Republicans are preparing to unveil their tax overhaul bill and Trump is set to depart on a pivotal, 12-day trip across Asia. It’s not the first time that Trump has flown overseas under a cloud of scandal. The day before he embarked upon his first presidential foreign trip in May, the Justice Department appointed Mueller as special counsel.
    https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017...ueller-fallout

Maybe somewhere in that alternate universe that Trumpy's exist in, he's a great president.

In the really real world that everyone else exists in, he's a fucking disaster on every level.

SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

10. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

This is rich, a die hard partisan complaining about die hard partisans. Can’t make this stuff up.
    This is rich, a hypocrite complaining about her perceived idea that others are hypocrites. Can't make this stuff up.

I know; maybe you could recruit someone to help you.

11. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    Then you should be able to supply an example of where this "hacking" affected the election.
    Please give chapter and verse.
    Thank you
    I may just have to make a thread, regarding this, just so the JPP liberals can run away again.

12. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Your defense of Trump on everything
    No I don’t. Trump’s latest mistake was getting into a pissing contest on Twitter with the basketball players father. That is stupid.

And I knew you couldn’t top it before I asked lol.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

13. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No I don’t. Trump’s latest mistake was getting into a pissing contest on Twitter with the basketball players father. That is stupid.

Wow, one condemnation out of hundreds of posts in Trump’s defense, mine still tops yours.

14. #131 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

agree. his tweeting is awful. I mean I get fake news is going to distort
    but he needs to have a press conference anyway..he should just put out a statement.
    The tweeting hurts his agenda

15. #132 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    agree. his tweeting is awful. I mean I get fake news is going to distort
    but he needs to have a press conference anyway..he should just put out a statement.
    The tweeting hurts his agenda
    I’m ok with Trump Tweeting his message. In fact, it’s practically a necessity given the current state of the media.

He allows himself to get sucked into stupid stuff. He should have just allowed the father to be an ungrateful asshole. But Trump engages him. It’s pointless and stupid.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

dukkha (11-20-2017)

17. #133 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Wow, one condemnation out of hundreds of posts in Trump’s defense, mine still tops yours.
    And the forum is just overrunning with your happy Trump posts lol.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

dukkha (11-20-2017)

19. #134 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

And the forum is just overrunning with your happy Trump posts lol.
    I have given him credit where credit is due, though there hasn’t been much.

20. #135 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

I’m ok with Trump Tweeting his message. In fact, it’s practically a necessity given the current state of the media.

He allows himself to get sucked into stupid stuff. He should have just allowed the father to be an ungrateful asshole. But Trump engages him. It’s pointless and stupid.
    Tweeting is inconsequential, but politically self-damaging. People pay attention to the distractive shiny objects