Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Psychopath Elon Musk announces ASSAULT VEHICLE that will do 0-100 in 4 seconds

1. #46 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,612 Times in 17,052 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Text Drivers are Killers View Post
    So you're saying there should be no speed limits at all?? You belong in the nuthouse.
    Accusing me of being a pervert because I'm an automobile enthusiast? Silly you!
    I never said there shouldn't be speed limits, now did I?
    Quit reading things that aren't there, and you say I belong in the nut house? Hmmm...

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 895 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 88 Times in 87 Posts

R6 #46

Now that the topic is on the table:

Many of our nation's posted speed limits were set generations ago, when there were cars with two wheel drum brakes, and bias ply tires.

Due to automotive innovations, today's cars have:
    4 wheel power disc brakes
    anti-lock
    stabilatrack
    autonomous braking
    radial, 4 season tires
    etc.

Stopping distances have been cut roughly in half.
    Yet we're still dogged with these mind-numbingly slow posted speed limits.

We have a natural feel for the appropriate speed for conditions; at what speed we safely traverse the pavement.

When I switched from Robert:

to my Cobalt:

I was driving to town, about a 20 mile trip. I got to driving it on the familiar highway I've driven hundreds of times over the past few decades.
    I was used to the Ford Ranger above. Seemed like I was going about the same speed. I glanced down at the speedometer. It said 70 MPH.

- oops -

I had to learn to back off the pedal deliberately. And the ride at 55 MPH was so lethargic for such an agile car, my attention wandered.
    I sincerely believe I'm a safer driver at 65 to 70, depending ...

Then:

On I-95 there are long stretches of highway with posted speed limit of 70 MPH.
    There as elsewhere, on a bright sunny day, traffic is moving along at 10 MPH or more over the posted speed limit.

So I had to do 80 or more just to keep up with traffic. And this little gem takes it in stride (a little noisy though, above 70).

Why must a well designed roadster like this be stuck confined to the same speed limit a 20 year old garbage truck with a broken suspension spring can legally drive?

I suspect the State(s) could make money, and perhaps save lives issuing performance licenses to cars and drivers that warrant them.
    "It should be obvious to anyone why conservatives and libertarians should be against Trump. He has no grounding in belief. No core philosophy. No morals. No loyalty. No curiosity. No empathy and no understanding. He demands personal loyalty and not loyalty to the nation. His only core belief is in his own superiority to everyone else. His only want is exercise more and more personal power." smb / purveyor of fact 18/03/18

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,231 Times in 3,449 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,212 Times in 1,887 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post
    R6 #46

Now that the topic is on the table:

Many of our nation's posted speed limits were set generations ago, when there were cars with two wheel drum brakes, and bias ply tires.

Due to automotive innovations, today's cars have:
    4 wheel power disc brakes
    anti-lock
    stabilatrack
    autonomous braking
    radial, 4 season tires
    etc.

Stopping distances have been cut roughly in half.
    Yet we're still dogged with these mind-numbingly slow posted speed limits.

We have a natural feel for the appropriate speed for conditions; at what speed we safely traverse the pavement.
    Safely?? You think our roads are presently so safe we can RAISE speed limits??? So why do we have 37,000 americans killed every year on our highways? You are insane.
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,231 Times in 3,449 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,212 Times in 1,887 Posts

Elon Musk is a pedalphile and i say lock him up.
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 63 Times in 55 Posts
    Blog Entries

Suppose gun companies bragged about guns DESIGNED to break the law and kill innocent people.!!! Musk makes manson look like a choir boy.
    It's a cute spin but pathetic. You got nothing, well... ever. Even my responding to this is low hanging fruit & I feel a little violated for having to even respond.

6. #51 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,612 Times in 17,052 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Safely?? You think our roads are presently so safe we can RAISE speed limits??? So why do we have 37,000 americans killed every year on our highways? You are insane.
    Stupidity, distractions and impairment contribute to a majority of those accidents. I sure wouldn't want speed limits raised near schools, nor on winding country roads. But on long straight highways, 55 mph isn't that fast.