Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: In Texas police harass woman for anti-Trump decals on truck.

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,665 Times in 16,592 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    See that's the thing. Regardless of how offended someone is. If no law is broken they legally can't stop ya. I get that she had a warrant for fraud. However, I've been following this story since it broke. Before they knew who she was, before any law had been broken they were considering charging her with disorderly conduct only for the sticker. Something that is not illegal and is protected under the first amendment.

You may think that it's appalling that she drove her six year old around in it. I can understand why you'd feel that way. But think there are more important things to worry about when raising a child than the language used. Then again. My kids formative years were largely spent around grunts while I was in the Corps. They heard far worse words before they could even walk. My girls both graduated high school with presidential honors and while they've both already made me a grandfather, are well on their way to professions where they will be even more successful than I have been. And they won't ever be offended by simple words.
    They were on alert for the car. I imagine they had the plate and found that she had an outstanding warrant. That's all the reason they needed to stop her.They didn't charge her with disorderly conduct, though I wouldn't have been upset if they had.
    I'm just going to guess that as a Marine (and thank you for your service) your language, and how you used it, was quite a bit different than this woman in question. Your wonderful and successful children were raised properly, and I'm sure, got explanations of the words used in your home and when and where it was ever ok to use them.
    I'm also pretty sure they wouldn't have a F....the president sign that large on their vehicle or in their yard...for your grandchildren to see every day for a year.
    We have to worry about raising our children and understanding the language that some may use.
    What do you think she's telling her child about the sign?
    You and she are different types of human beings. I would bet.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Post:

Eagle_Eye (11-18-2017)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

The Corps thanked me twice a month and gave me a big thankyou when I got my TSGLI.

They were looking for her before they knew she was and were ready to charge her before they had plate numbers or anything else. Let's pretend that she had no warrant. We are pretending this because at the time of the initial reporting on this the cops did not know that she was wanted. They were ready to stomp on her 4th amendment rights only because people were offended. I have a serious problem with that. And every other freedom loving American aught to as well.

As to if my kids got explinations for my language. I reckon my girls heard me call Bush a fucking idiot but they were too young for explicationa though my girls were old enough for me to explain why Obama was a lying piece of shit. My boys weren't.

The point here? No. They didn't always get things explained to them. If ya explain too much they fail to form their own opinions.

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Freedom of speech in a red state like Tex-ass depends on what you're saying I guess.

Replace "Trump" with "Obama" or "Hillary" on that decal and she'd get a free pass.

I'm surprised some right-wing redneck, NRA lackey gun freak hasn't shot her windows out yet.

NO ONE is surprised what these black BOYS did. NO ONE would be surprised if the likes of you made excuses for them doing it.

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    "Your right to free speech ends at my right not to see uninvited offensive material."

Wrong, moron.

Apparently these black POS thought this was offensive. Do you think they had a right to destroy something that isn't theirs? I wouldn't be surprised if you justified it. You justify those leeches living off the taxes paid by white people.

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,665 Times in 16,592 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

The Corps thanked me twice a month and gave me a big thankyou when I got my TSGLI.

They were looking for her before they knew she was and were ready to charge her before they had plate numbers or anything else. Let's pretend that she had no warrant. We are pretending this because at the time of the initial reporting on this the cops did not know that she was wanted. They were ready to stomp on her 4th amendment rights only because people were offended. I have a serious problem with that. And every other freedom loving American aught to as well.

As to if my kids got explinations for my language. I reckon my girls heard me call Bush a fucking idiot but they were too young for explicationa though my girls were old enough for me to explain why Obama was a lying piece of shit. My boys weren't.

The point here? No. They didn't always get things explained to them. If ya explain too much they fail to form their own opinions.
    They were looking for her because they had dozens of complaints. It's not necessary to pretend that she had no warrant. She did.
    I have no problem with the police approaching her and letting her know that there were many complaints about the Giant offensive decal. No problem whatsoever. If she pulled into the lot of my school to drop off her daughter and be a room mom for the day, I would advise her to park out of sight, so that no child would observe the sign. And if she refused I would take action to see that the car was removed. If she wants to sue me, so be it.
    Did you have a sign in your yard that said Bush was a fucking idiot? What if they went to school and repeated that? What if your boys went to school and said that Obama was a lying piece of shit?
    The point is, you weren't advertising your personal "offenses" publicly for over a year. Were you?
    I'm not sure why you don't see that I look at this woman and what she did differently than I see your use of foul language at home.
    Whatever, the woman faces a fraud charge from what I can tell. I'm shocked...
    I feel sorry for her daughter.

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,628 Times in 11,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well Thumper despite our differences on this matter. I am always glad to talk with a fellow vet, thanks for your service. 24 years AF

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

Thumper (11-18-2017), TOP (11-18-2017)

9. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Like I said in my hello thread. Treat me right I'll treat ya better. What I didn't add in there is if ya do me wrong I'll do ya worse.

Dad was in the Chair Force too. As much as I talk shit about em. It was always good hearing that air was on station and in direct support. Those Spookies were amazing.

10. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

Try not committing fraud and you won't have to worry about warrants

11. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Eye View Post
    I'm not saying that but there are exceptions if you put extremely offensive decals on your car your going to get stopped. Your right to free speech ends at my right not to see uninvited offensive material. You do know there are obscenity laws against such displays don't you?
    The FUCK it doesn't!!!!!!!!!! you have no more right to be offended by the words ''fuck trump" than I do with guys wearing pink shirts.

fuck off, fuck you, and fuck fuck all.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

12. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Eye View Post
    First off I am not in a corner. I am saying if you display things like the idiot did you should be prepared to get stopped by the cops at a minimum and you are offending people who may display road rage. Also some places have decency ordinances that have passed constitutional muster. But you and others think you can say anything and be covered by the 1st amendment, which is not true.
    so you're saying that not only do people not know the law, but must abide by it, but that cops don't know the law and only need enforce their ideology of it, and we can all be one big happy family as long as the courts sort it out.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

13. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    so you're saying that not only do people not know the law, but must abide by it, but that cops don't know the law and only need enforce their ideology of it, and we can all be one big happy family as long as the courts sort it out.
    Unfortunately the system protects itself.

14. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 326 Times in 306 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Freedom of speech in a red state like Tex-ass depends on what you're saying I guess.

Replace "Trump" with "Obama" or "Hillary" on that decal and she'd get a free pass.

I'm surprised some right-wing redneck, NRA lackey gun freak hasn't shot her windows out yet.
    It would appear that it would be her that is the fucked.

I hope her and her entire family is raped to death by niggers and border hopping spics.

15. The Following User Groans At PraiseKek For This Awful Post:

christiefan915 (11-19-2017)

16. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,005 Times in 8,032 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseKek View Post
    It would appear that it would be her that is the fucked.

I hope her and her entire family is raped to death by niggers and border hopping spics.
    I guess you think that kind of foul, racist garbage really upsets people, eh?

News flash..... nobody cares.

All you're doing is proving your own ignorance.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

domer76 (11-19-2017)

18. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    Is it just me, or is the right the real snowflakes? So much so, that they want to ignore freedom of speech. Some of the crankiest nuts over the flag, probably have no issue with the Confederate one, or even wave it about proudly. I'd have to wipe my ass with a flag on TV, to compete with that level of disgracing the flag.
    To reiterate what STY said more Texas conservatives stood up for her free speech rights.

Though in general for many on the PC Left and far right are all for freedom and liberty until someone actually practices them.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

19. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Every forum has its own dynamic I suppose. Other ones I've been on it tends to be pretty evenly split. The far right seemed to like using insults as much as the far left.
    That’s a personal thing. For some the fun of political message boards is to hurl insults like monkeys throw poo at the zoo.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!