Members banned from this thread: USFREEDOM911, PostmodernProphet, MAGA MAN, Русский агент, RB 60, PraiseKek, TOP, Eagle_Eye and MyParentsAreProud

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Why do we have all these idiots jumping on Al Franken, over this one accusation?

1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    If you think there's hypocrisy by only one "side" in politics then I'd argue there's a whole world out there to see
    No one said that. But it's not equal, either.

2. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries

"People voted for Clinton in 1994 not knowing what was to come. I am one of them... I voted for the (L) guy in 1998 due to my disgust with his unethical behavior in the WH. I felt that my ballot cast for him was condoning him"

He was elected in 1992 and 1996; but how did you vote against him for the Monica scandal in 1996 when it wasn't public until 1998?

3. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Um, how would not voting for a guy who had an affair while President (or while not President for that matter) be in any way considered "sexist" or "racist"? And in what way are Libertarians considered racist? They tend to be kind of weird, in general, but I have never heard the blanket condemnation that they're racist that you claim. Maybe individual ones.

I don't think that Coal was saying that our voting record trumps our individual behaviors. But it certainly shows that if you vote for a proven misogynist candidate, for instance, that you really don't give a shit about the issues that affect women in general, and those in your own life specifically. Ditto for voting for a known racist candidate. Or one who espouses a "fuck the environment" stance.... what good does it do for you to recycle and plant trees if you vote for a "Drill baby drill, burn that coal!" candidate?
    This is a personal thing as I've spent waaaay too much time on this board but Libertarians are considered racist and sexist by posters here.

So if you and I may not agree with all politically but have both voted Libertarian then I give you a big fist bump. However because I'm a Republican I'm considered a racist voting L and because you're a democrat you're given a pass voting D. Does that make sense or am I crazy? (don't answer that)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (11-18-2017)

5. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    Quite obviously good brother, there are far, far more people of color who find a sense of political power within the Democratic Party than those who vote for your republicans. Should 90% be discounted .. or should the 8% who vote for republicans be given more credit than their numbers deserve?

If you are so different in character than the party you vote for .. why do you vote for them?

You are what you eat.
    Why don't we have direct democracy then? I mean that's a somewhat rhetorical question but if who is right/wrong is decided by a majority a lot of things would be different

6. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hey Craig, the football board's are up in arms because we may lose our season ticket deductions. I don't know what industry you work in but I mine people are focused like a laser beam on this tax deal

7. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Craig, i work in real estate. The proposals so far have been deemed good by the commercial r.e. industry and bad by residential. The national association of realtors is up in arms over the proposed M.I.D. reduction.

I'm guessing the NAR leans right on the whole but I don't actually know that. But I do know there are hundreds of thousands of realtors in America with varying political stripes who are paying close attention and whether they are R or D is irrelevant

8. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,182 Times in 25,717 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    did we not have a formal Impeachment that was basically about Bill Clinton's character?

why are we re-litigating this again ?? Is nothing ever settled??
    I would think Impeachment proceedings which are the death penalty of politics would stand the test of time

( and no. I would NOT have wanted Bill Clinton to resign a fairly successful presidency to resign!)

Please stop all attempts to re-write history..
    It's being re-litigated by conservatives who are looking to take the spotlight off Roy Moore.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

9. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,327 Times in 6,017 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 602 Times in 566 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    How much of an argument has been against innumerable cases for Trump, and Moore. I don't give a rats ass about one random accusation, but when they start to pile up, and you even get reports from malls,etc, then they start to garner validity. Sure as hell with Trump, because of his boasting of that kind of stuff, and other sexist comments. This accusation coming out of the woodwork for Franken, doesn't faze me anymore than the stuff that happened with Kobe Bryant back when. If it was just one simple thing, against Moore, or Trump, I wouldn't care either. I'd let the law take it's course, and stop trying to force issues over one persons word, VS the word of the accused. When people find a few more accusations, and reports on behavior giving validity, I'll have an opinion. Until then I don't want to deal with sour grapes, and pushing of this because of some butthurt rightists.

“Well, I’ll tell you the funniest is that before a show, I’ll go backstage and everyone’s getting dressed, and everything else, and you know, no men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it. You know, I’m inspecting because I want to make sure that everything is good. You know, the dresses. ‘Is everyone okay?’ You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody okay?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so, I sort of get away with things like that."

A 60 year old man BRAGS about barging into a women's dressing room and seeing them naked.
    This is your freaking pervert of a president. The world is laughing at us. How could people be so stupid to vote for this sexual degenerate.
    Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality.”

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

christiefan915 (11-18-2017), Phantasmal (11-18-2017), TTQ64 (11-18-2017)

11. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldvoTrumpovich View Post
    “Well, I’ll tell you the funniest is that before a show, I’ll go backstage and everyone’s getting dressed, and everything else, and you know, no men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it. You know, I’m inspecting because I want to make sure that everything is good. You know, the dresses. ‘Is everyone okay?’ You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody okay?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so, I sort of get away with things like that."

A 60 year old man BRAGS about barging into a women's dressing room and seeing them naked.
    This is your freaking pervert of a president. The world is laughing at us. How could people be so stupid to vote for this sexual degenerate.
    I thought the rest of the world was much more sexually enlightened than us? I can't imagine they find what he just said there as shocking or offensive. They probably think we are prudes if someone brags about that

12. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    How much of an argument has been against innumerable cases for Trump, and Moore. I don't give a rats ass about one random accusation, but when they start to pile up, and you even get reports from malls,etc, then they start to garner validity. Sure as hell with Trump, because of his boasting of that kind of stuff, and other sexist comments. This accusation coming out of the woodwork for Franken, doesn't faze me anymore than the stuff that happened with Kobe Bryant back when. If it was just one simple thing, against Moore, or Trump, I wouldn't care either. I'd let the law take it's course, and stop trying to force issues over one persons word, VS the word of the accused. When people find a few more accusations, and reports on behavior giving validity, I'll have an opinion. Until then I don't want to deal with sour grapes, and pushing of this because of some butthurt rightists.
    It's not an accusation if there's a photo corroborating the story. Al Franken is toast. And Roy Moore and Donald Trump should be as well.
    Trump even admitted he sexually abused women: "I grab their pu$$y", "I go into their dressing room and see them naked".
    All three are freaking perverted scumbags that have no place in public office.
    Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality.”

13. #131 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I thought the rest of the world was much more sexually enlightened than us? I can't imagine they find what he just said there as shocking or offensive. They probably think we are prudes if someone brags about that
    Wow! Barging into a women's dressing room while their half naked without their consent is "sexually enlightening"? Yeah, maybe to Trump but I doubt for the women. Your view of "the rest of the world" is as perverted as Trump's sex life and your lame attempt to justify his actions speaks volumes about your character and your respect for women (or lack thereof).
    No wonder you voted for him. Birds of a feather...

14. #132 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldvoTrumpovich View Post
    Wow! Barging into a women's dressing room while their half naked without their consent is "sexually enlightening"? Yeah, maybe to Trump but I doubt for the women. Your view of "the rest of the world" is as perverted as Trump's sex life and your lame attempt to justify his actions speaks volumes about your character and your respect for women (or lack thereof).
    No wonder you voted for him. Birds of a feather...
    Wow, a lot of projecting going on there my man.

First off I didn't vote for Trump. Secondly I'm not defending his actions. What i am doing is responding to your comment that the rest of the world would think it's an embarrassment that our President bragged about walking in on naked women.

15. #133 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,727 Times in 27,215 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,585 Times in 18,174 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NOVA View Post
    Its not an accusation, there is photographic proof and his confession to consider.....
    she has a kevlar vest on

what wa he goin g to feel?

someon else is talking the picture

its a joke

a bad one that was insensative

at that time he was a comedian and NOT a politician

as for the kiss

he says he remembers it differently

but appologises for making her feel uncomfortatble

I think she is lyin g about the kiss

look waht this lie is doing for her carreer

she is FOX GOLD NOW

she has gained from this story

None of the Moore accusers have gained anything huh

16. #134 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,727 Times in 27,215 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,585 Times in 18,174 Posts
    Blog Entries

17. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

TTQ64 (11-18-2017)

18. #135 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Wow, a lot of projecting going on there my man.

First off I didn't vote for Trump. Secondly I'm not defending his actions. What i am doing is responding to your comment that the rest of the world would think it's an embarrassment that our President bragged about walking in on naked women.
    Well then, you have my apologies regarding voting for Trump. I know it's an abhorrent accusation and I'm truly sorry to wield that insult on you if not true.
    Regarding your comment about the rest of the world, I'm not sure what dark, sleazy corner of the world you're referring to but I suspect the part of the world that has any morals or values would also think that Trump's actions are repulsive and inexcusable. It's bad enough having a 60 year old do that. It's even worse bragging about it on live radio. Just think about that for a minute. A 60 year old man bragging about it to the world has little to do with being "sexually enlightening".
    Can we at least agree on that?