Members banned from this thread: USFREEDOM911, PostmodernProphet, MAGA MAN, Русский агент, RB 60, PraiseKek, TOP, Eagle_Eye and MyParentsAreProud

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do we have all these idiots jumping on Al Franken, over this one accusation?

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,196 Times in 25,727 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Where's the outrage, cons?

"Stoynoff’s story, which made national news when it broke last week and is reprinted in this week’s issue of PEOPLE, describes a run-in with Trump when she was covering him and pregnant wife Melania on assignment for PEOPLE in December 2005.

“We walked into that room alone, and Trump shut the door behind us. I turned around, and within seconds he was pushing me against the wall and forcing his tongue down my throat,” she writes.

Marina Grasic
    , who has known Stoynoff for more than 25 years, says she got a call from her friend the day after the attack. Stoynoff detailed everything about the attack, from Trump pushing her against a wall to the business mogul showing up at her massage appointment the following day, she says.

Stoynoff’s former journalism professor, Paul McLaughlin, says that the writer called him in tears looking for advice the very night of the harrowing encounter. However, he cautioned her to remain quiet in fear of how Trump may retaliate.

PEOPLE East Coast Editor Liz McNeil was one colleague Stoynoff confided in about the incident. McNeil remembers the day she returned from the assignment in Florida to cover Trump and his wife’s first anniversary. “She was very upset and told me how he shoved her against a wall,” says McNeil.

Deputy East Coast News Editor Mary Green returned to PEOPLE’s New York-based staff in December 2005 after a three-year hiatus excited to reconnect with Stoynoff. However, Stoynoff was haunted by her recent experience, and she opened up to Green about the encounter.

“In an early conversation we had in her office, she told me about what happened with Donald Trump,” Green said. “She was shaky, sitting at her desk, relaying that, ‘He took me to this other room, and when we stepped inside, he pushed me against a wall and stuck his tongue down my throat. Melania was upstairs and could have walked in at any time.’

Another coworker who knew about the attack was Liza Hamm, who was friends with McNeil and others in a “tight-knit group” that Stoynoff opened up to.

http://people.com/politics/people-wr...named-sources/

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Oh...well...........great then. Let all politicians who have exhibited "creepy", disrespectful and/or disgusting behavior keep their jobs. After all, it's just between the man and the woman.
    So far trump's kept his.....

― Charles Dickens

3. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Althea (11-17-2017)

4. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Where's the outrage, cons?

"Stoynoff’s story, which made national news when it broke last week and is reprinted in this week’s issue of PEOPLE, describes a run-in with Trump when she was covering him and pregnant wife Melania on assignment for PEOPLE in December 2005.

“We walked into that room alone, and Trump shut the door behind us. I turned around, and within seconds he was pushing me against the wall and forcing his tongue down my throat,” she writes.

Marina Grasic
    , who has known Stoynoff for more than 25 years, says she got a call from her friend the day after the attack. Stoynoff detailed everything about the attack, from Trump pushing her against a wall to the business mogul showing up at her massage appointment the following day, she says.

Stoynoff’s former journalism professor, Paul McLaughlin, says that the writer called him in tears looking for advice the very night of the harrowing encounter. However, he cautioned her to remain quiet in fear of how Trump may retaliate.

PEOPLE East Coast Editor Liz McNeil was one colleague Stoynoff confided in about the incident. McNeil remembers the day she returned from the assignment in Florida to cover Trump and his wife’s first anniversary. “She was very upset and told me how he shoved her against a wall,” says McNeil.

Deputy East Coast News Editor Mary Green returned to PEOPLE’s New York-based staff in December 2005 after a three-year hiatus excited to reconnect with Stoynoff. However, Stoynoff was haunted by her recent experience, and she opened up to Green about the encounter.

“In an early conversation we had in her office, she told me about what happened with Donald Trump,” Green said. “She was shaky, sitting at her desk, relaying that, ‘He took me to this other room, and when we stepped inside, he pushed me against a wall and stuck his tongue down my throat. Melania was upstairs and could have walked in at any time.’

Another coworker who knew about the attack was Liza Hamm, who was friends with McNeil and others in a “tight-knit group” that Stoynoff opened up to.

http://people.com/politics/people-wr...named-sources/
    Do you have no thoughts on Franken?

5. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Do you have no thoughts on Franken?
    Franken forcibly shoving his tongue down Tweeden's throat was crude, disgusting and completely unacceptable.

Pretending to grab Tweeden's breasts was the same. I say pretending because I don't see actual contact between his hands and her chest.

Do you believe Stoyonoff?

― Charles Dickens

6. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Franken forcibly shoving his tongue down Tweeden's throat was crude, disgusting and completely unacceptable.

Pretending to grab Tweeden's breasts was the same. I say pretending because I don't see actual contact between his hands and her chest.

Do you believe Stoyonoff?
    Do you have any thoughts politically. That's ultimately the discussion here. What's acceptable behavior by our elected officials. And what should the punishment be, if any

7. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Do you have any thoughts politically. That's ultimately the discussion here. What's acceptable behavior by our elected officials. And what should the punishment be, if any
    I think you need to take it on a case-by-case basis and it depends on the severity of the action. It can go from training to reprimand to censure to expulsion.

IMO no sexual misbehaviour by our elected officials (or anyone) is acceptable.

― Charles Dickens

8. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Phantasmal (11-17-2017)

9. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I think you need to take it on a case-by-case basis and it depends on the severity of the action. It can go from training to reprimand to censure to expulsion.

IMO no sexual misbehaviour by our elected officials (or anyone) is acceptable.
    I agree except for the training part. That's pointless imo. But not all actions are the same like you said. Ultimately it comes down to how much does power trump how we'd like our elected officials to act.

10. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I agree except for the training part. That's pointless imo. But not all actions are the same like you said. Ultimately it comes down to how much does power trump how we'd like our elected officials to act.
    That's kind of a sad commentary if you think training doesn't help. I don't think all people are malicious. Some are just clueless and can change their behaviour when they're trained to understand what's acceptable and what's not.

― Charles Dickens

11. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Phantasmal (11-17-2017)

12. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,733 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 707 Times in 647 Posts
    Blog Entries

The accuser is a right wing nut. Why should anyone believe her?

13. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

Unless we're to believe that party operatives are able to find Oscar-caliber actresses for these accusations, I find the accusers against both Moore & Franken to be extremely credible.

14. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I don't believe a word she says.

So when exactly did he force his tongue down her throat? When she was sleeping or on another occasion? I'm confused?

15. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That's kind of a sad commentary if you think training doesn't help. I don't think all people are malicious. Some are just clueless and can change their behaviour when they're trained to understand what's acceptable and what's not.
    To me, if you're a grown person who has the capabilities to be elected to the U.S. Congress you should know that sexual harassment is not allowed. You don't need a training class to tell you that.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Truth Detector (11-18-2017)

17. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Let's take Al Franken. Let's say what this woman is saying is true and this was only time he did it. If his punishment is a training I think that's a joke. That's where I'm coming from. He should either get no punishment or you get censured. Training is a cop out to me with it comes to punishment for elected officials.

18. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

They were at rehearsal on a USO tour.

Stop listening to the racist right. All they do is lie.

The right wing accuser knows Franken was doing a comedy skit. He apologized about making her feel uncomfortable during that time.

Put the focus back where it belongs, on pedophile Roy Moore who sexual assaulted young girls.

Let's lock him up like they did Bill Cosby.

19. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

To me, if you're a grown person who has the capabilities to be elected to the U.S. Congress you should know that sexual harassment is not allowed. You don't need a training class to tell you that.
    I think some of these men have old-school thinking in regard to what is or isn't acceptable. The common excuse is "lighten up, it's just a joke" or "I didn't grab you, I accidentally brushed against you."

― Charles Dickens