Members banned from this thread: USFREEDOM911, PostmodernProphet, MAGA MAN, Русский агент, RB 60, PraiseKek, TOP, Eagle_Eye and MyParentsAreProud

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do we have all these idiots jumping on Al Franken, over this one accusation?

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cool 90's Kid View Post
    If Franken has to go down, let him go down. Let Dayton do a replacement. IMO Franken's behavior is creepy but does not warrant a removal. This is between him and that woman.
    Oh...well...........great then. Let all politicians who have exhibited "creepy", disrespectful and/or disgusting behavior keep their jobs. After all, it's just between the man and the woman.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

Truth Detector (11-18-2017)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,528 Times in 52,745 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    A woman can't bring up charges against a man for tounge kissing her against his wishes and feeling her breasts against her wishes?
    (as a guy I guess I hope that's not illegal but I don't know the law)
    At most I think that would be misdemeanor assault, but I'm not an atty. Hospitals make you sign consent forms for that reason. If I, as a nurse, were to touch you (a patient) without your consent, I could be charged with misdemeanor assault, even if I was merely taking your BP.

OTOH, doing tongue kissing and tit-grabbing with an underage child would be a felony in most jurisdictions.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

FUCK THE POLICE (11-16-2017), Phantasmal (11-16-2017)

5. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    "disrespectful and disgusting, but not criminal"
    I'm going to file those words away for possible future defense of other assorted politicians who may have only been "disrespectful and disgusting".
    Thank-you.
    You're welcome. I noticed that there are some gross stories popping out now about Bush I. He was a craptastic Prez but I thought an otherwise decent guy. Maybe not. Still, the women he allegedly groped were adults so other than misdemeanor assault, not as heinous as that Moore creature. Still pretty shitty though, if true. I don't understand why anyone would even bring that up now. He's in his 90s, he's dying... WTF. Leave the old guy alone. See a therapist, have a whine-and-wine sessions with your besties but shit.... leave off the old codger already.

Damn, I hate so much when my illusions of goodness are bashed into dust by reality.

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Well...it's a goose/gander thing. I saw the groping pic, and it appears he pretended to grope her as a joke. Even he admits it was a poor excuse for a joke. As for the kissing...that's unacceptable.

But...If he sought her out and sincerely apologized (he has, she accepted), should that merit any consideration?
    He'll pay the political cost for this .. as he should.

This is not about what the right did or did not do. They have no agenda nor will to protect women .. we do.

The cost will include the bad timing for this to come out.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

7. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    statutory criminal, but yes. Franken is creepy-icky. Moore is a perv
    Sure as hell can't argue with that.

8. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Is that what you claim to be doing to get women to kiss you?
    Except Franklin actually is an actor.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

9. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,904 Times in 7,964 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,669 Times in 1,547 Posts

Melanie Morgan: After TV appearance, Al Franken harassed me too
    By Brian Maloney / November 16th, 2017, 14:06 EST

Immediately raising questions about double-standards in the media and on Capitol Hill, a Los Angeles radio news anchor today accused Senator Al Franken (D-MN) of sexually assaulting her.

Now, Media Equalizer Co-Founder Melanie Morgan has come forward as well, recounting her own experience with the onetime comedian, liberal radio host and activist. Morgan’s disturbing encounter was sparked by daring to disagree with Franken during an August, 2000 edition of ABC’s Politically Incorrect with Bill Maher.

In response to the disturbing allegations made against Franken, Media Equalizer and Media Equality Project Co-Founder Melanie Morgan has come forward to recall her own frightening encounter, sparked by a seemingly-mundane and even obscure topic of political disagreement.

Morgan, who was a ABC Radio talk show host for KSFO / San Francisco at the time, appeared August 19, 2000 on ABC’s late night show Politically Incorrect.

She was joined by Franken, William Baldwin, and then-Colorado Lt. Governor Joe Rogers on the panel.

Morgan and Franken had a dispute over the OMB’s budget numbers.

“I was invited and unaware of who his guests were going to be that night,” Morgan said.

“I made a statement about the budget numbers, Franken challenged me, I challenged him back. It was about spending priorities, actually just a mundane discussion. But he obsessed over it.”

After the show, Morgan said Franken wouldn’t leave her alone, insisting on continuing the argument.

“He approached me backstage, angrily called me out on those numbers and insisted he would prove he was right. He wouldn’t leave me alone, he kept following me. As a woman, his presence and proximity to me felt very threatening and intimindating.

“I didn’t realize his creepy behavior after the show meant it would continue in the days to come.

“He approached Carol, the show’s producer and demanded my home phone number, which was a clear violation of network protocol. I had thought that was the end of the story and was shocked when he started calling my home, badgering me repeatedly.

“I became fearful and called Carol to complain and asked her to tell him to back off. But he made another call after that. I thought that he might end up stalking me at my home in Northern California, it was that bad.

“By the third phone call I was outraged and terrified, as he is really disturbed,” Morgan recounted.

Morgan said Franken finally left her alone, but only after she pushed back and threatened “to call the police and make a report that he was harassing me.”

To this day, she says she is haunted by it: “I never forgot that experience and it informed me of his lack of character and obsessive personality. I believe every word Leann wrote.”

With many calling on Republican Alabama U.S. Senate candidate Judge Roy Moore to step aside following claims of sexual misconduct from decades ago, will Franken be asked to resign as senator?

“I will happily testify before the Senate Ethics Committee, should a hearing be held regarding Franken’s behavior,” Morgan added.
    Oh for Pete's sake.

"GASP!!! He tried to........ DEBATE ME!!!!!!!"

What a load of desperate, bandwagon jumping bullshit.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

TTQ64 (11-17-2017)

11. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,287 Times in 27,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

I can't imagine why a grown man over the age of 30 would think that a staged boob-groping photo would be funny. That shit hasn't been funny since I was 17 years old. Either that, or the crowd I hang with is totally boring and out dated! It makes me lose respect for Franken, at a minimum.

The non-consensual kissing thing is really fucked up. Indefensible. How does that even cross a dude's mind? Hmmmm...."I think I am just going to mash my lips against hers and stick my tongue in her mouth"......for real?

As for the "sudden" concern about sexual assault from some jpp Neanderthals vis a vis Franken, it seems quite suspect and less than genuine.

I haven't asked Roy Moore to step down, I haven't asked Donald Trump to step down for his sexual assaults, and I am not going to ask Franken to stop down. How fucking stupid and lame is it to "ask someone to step down" on an obscure political message board?

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

blackascoal (11-17-2017), christiefan915 (11-17-2017), Nomad (11-16-2017), Phantasmal (11-17-2017)

13. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,737 Times in 14,332 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Not only did he apologize, and she accepted the apology, he also said he would cooperate with any Capitol Hill investigation. BTW, the (D) Senator Minority Leader called for an investigation, as did the (R) Senator Majority Leader.

A bit different than all the denials coming from the right when one of theirs is caught behaving like a slime mold.
    Every time. It worked for trump, so it's worth another try. The base loves it.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

14. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

"disrespectful and disgusting, but not criminal"
    I'm going to file those words away for possible future defense of other assorted politicians who may have only been "disrespectful and disgusting".
    Thank-you.
    News flash...they all are, all the time. It just isn't always sexual in nature
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

15. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    He felt her breasts?
    Given that she never knew about it until she got the discs from her photographer (which was Franken's prank all the time), I'd say he never actually touched her.

16. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I can't imagine why a grown man over the age of 30 would think that a staged boob-groping photo would be funny. That shit hasn't been funny since I was 17 years old. Either that, or the crowd I hang with is totally boring and out dated! It makes me lose respect for Franken, at a minimum.

The non-consensual kissing thing is really fucked up. Indefensible. How does that even cross a dude's mind? Hmmmm...."I think I am just going to mash my lips against hers and stick my tongue in her mouth"......for real?

As for the "sudden" concern about sexual assault from some jpp Neanderthals vis a vis Franken, it seems quite suspect and less than genuine.

I haven't asked Roy Moore to step down, I haven't asked Donald Trump to step down for his sexual assaults, and I am not going to ask Franken to stop down. How fucking stupid and lame is it to "ask someone to step down" on an obscure political message board?
    I've been going over the kissing thing in my head. The groping pic is nothing. Poor taste for sure, but you'd have to know Franken's career.

Most of his stuff on SNL was bland for my taste. I'm sure as a comedian he's funny, and quick witted. Some of the Franken/Davis stuff was ok, but a lot wasn't really my taste in humor.

But...he, like so many before him, began in improv. It's a different mentality, and you are always thinking on the fly. In improv...it's 'anything for a laugh'. I'm guessing that he really should have considered his partner in the skit before he tried to kiss her. She clearly wasn't in the same mindset as Franken, given that she was a reporter and not an entertainer.

That was an extremely unfortunate moment for a comedian.

We can debate the differences between one who is a comedian, later turned serious politician, and one who already had a position of power, and abused that position.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

blackascoal (11-17-2017)

18. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,175 Times in 10,393 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Given that she never knew about it until she got the discs from her photographer (which was Franken's prank all the time), I'd say he never actually touched her.
    Bingo

19. The Following User Groans At domer76 For This Awful Post:

CFM (11-17-2017)

20. The Following User Says Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

blackascoal (11-17-2017)

21. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Well...it's a goose/gander thing. I saw the groping pic, and it appears he pretended to grope her as a joke. Even he admits it was a poor excuse for a joke. As for the kissing...that's unacceptable.

But...If he sought her out and sincerely apologized (he has, she accepted), should that merit any consideration?
    If the family of a murder victim accepted the apology of the person that killed their family member, does that exempt that killer from punishment?

22. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    Bingo
    Keep defending him, hypocrite.