Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Roy Moore's attorney holds news briefing

1. #241 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,435 Times in 2,073 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 172 Times in 170 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Nobody's saying why Allred's being investigated or why no charges have been filed.
    They aren't? You sure?

2. #242 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,188 Times in 25,723 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by God bless America View Post
    You think State Bar investigations result in criminal charges?

It's the other way around.

Criminal convictions will result in a State Bar prosecution.

Try educating yourself, you stupid cunt.
    Go fuck yourself you two-faced sick bastard.

High profile attorney Gloria Allred is allegedly being investigated by the State Bar of California for misconduct, but the renowned civil rights attorney is refuting the report...

The state bar has not disclosed what the investigation is about and no formal charges have been filed against Allred, who is known for working on celebrity cases and those involving women’s issues, according to a report from LawNewz on Friday...

LawNewz reported that it had seen a copy of the California Bar’s letter and Allred’s “case has been forwarded to the State Bar’s Enforcement Unit for further investigation and possible prosecution.” But the attorney said she has seen no such letter....

The California State Bar can not confirm or deny the existence of an investigation, LawNewz reported, and a complaint can only become public following the filing of disciplinary charges in State Bar Court...

“The State Bar is required to notify lawyers in the event of any investigation. We have not been notified by the State Bar of any complaint or any investigation,” she said in the statement.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Cypress (11-17-2017), serendipity (11-18-2017)

4. #243 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Go fuck yourself you two-faced sick bastard. High profile attorney Gloria Allred is allegedly being investigated by the State Bar of California for misconduct, but the renowned civil rights attorney is refuting the report...The state bar has not disclosed what the investigation is about and no formal charges have been filed against Allred, who is known for working on celebrity cases and those involving women’s issues, according to a report from LawNewz on Friday...LawNewz reported that it had seen a copy of the California Bar’s letter and Allred’s “case has been forwarded to the State Bar’s Enforcement Unit for further investigation and possible prosecution.” But the attorney said she has seen no such letter....The California State Bar can not confirm or deny the existence of an investigation, LawNewz reported, and a complaint can only become public following the filing of disciplinary charges in State Bar Court...
    “The State Bar is required to notify lawyers in the event of any investigation. We have not been notified by the State Bar of any complaint or any investigation,” she said in the statement.
    So you do know what it's about, despite your earlier denial.

Nobody's saying why Allred's being investigated or why no charges have been filed.

5. #244 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

I don't know why. She's an anti-discrimination lawyer specializing in women's rights. She's no different than the famous male lawyers who worked on high-profile cases. Alan Dershowitz, F. Lee Bailey, Johnny Cochran, Mark Geragos, even Amal Alamuddin Clooney.
    It's just that every single time she shows up she's always sitting on the left side of her client, with a bucket of tears (which are always in the client's nose rather than the eyes and face), box of Kleenex, right arm around their back ready to pat them at each sniffle. etc. I've seen women without their lawyer/coach with them, poised, straightforward, no script, speaking coherently and directly about much more recent "events" which occurred to them less than 40 years ago.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

anatta (11-18-2017), serendipity (11-18-2017)

7. #245 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I don't know why. She's an anti-discrimination lawyer specializing in women's rights. She's no different than the famous male lawyers who worked on high-profile cases. Alan Dershowitz, F. Lee Bailey, Johnny Cochran, Mark Geragos, even Amal Alamuddin Clooney.
    I don't mind those particular lawyers at all.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something

8. #246 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    I don't mind those particular lawyers at all.
    They didn't earn an savory reputation as the gold-digger's gold-digger, did they, Ms. Stretch?

Both Allred and her daughter did.

9. #247 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
    I have come to the conclusion Stretch is an idiot, I thought at first she was one of the more reasonable conservatives on the forum, but this puts her in the nutcase category. Where do people get these notions?
    That's OK. Let the record show the I have never once resorted to name-calling one time to anybody, only criticisms of the content of message. It's my opinion on what I've observed...that's where I got my "notion". You don't see what I see in the photos? OK, see what you want. I'm not going to berate you for that. Move on.
    pain in abortion.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

serendipity (11-18-2017)

11. #248 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

How many cases has she actually taken to trial, Ms. Stretch?
    Good question, I really don't know.
    pain in abortion.

12. #249 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That's OK. Let the record show the I have never once resorted to name-calling one time to anybody, only criticisms of the content of message. It's my opinion on what I've observed...that's where I got my "notion". You don't see what I see in the photos? OK, see what you want. I'm not going to berate you for that. Move on.
    She's a notorious double-crosser, intriguer, and abuser of her moderator privileges, Ms. Stretch.

13. #250 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Did you know that 97% of civil cases litigated in the USA are settled out of court, Ms. Stretch?

In other words, no sworn testimony or evidence is ever submitted under oath in open court in 97% of the type of cases Allred specializes in.

A (usually hefty) financial payment is made, she gets a cut, and nobody admits fault.
    WOW never knew that. Thanks.
    pain in abortion.

14. #251 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

WOW never knew that. Thanks.
    Civil litigants operate in a murky world of relaxed evidentiary standards and seek to obtain payments through attrition, Ms. Stretch.

In other words, they wear defendants down, and when they can, they use negative publicity to force a payment, and nothing is ever proven in 97% of the cases.

15. #252 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,187 Times in 33,874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

Just as you have made an observation about Michelle Obama, I’ve made one about you. It’s not name calling, it’s my observation. The end times posts are also evidence to support my observation. You are a nutcase.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Cypress (11-17-2017)

17. #253 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Just as you have made an observation about Michelle Obama, I’ve made one about you. It’s not name calling, it’s my observation. The end times posts are also evidence to support my observation. You are a nutcase.
    Still OK. This is your preferred way of debate. Instead of being able to attack and debate a message, you debase the poster. When you begin a sentence "you're a___________"...(hint: that's name calling) You do it your way, I'll do it mine. Peace.
    pain in abortion.

18. #254 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,187 Times in 33,874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

Still OK. This is your preferred way of debate. Instead of being able to attack and debate a message, you debase the poster. When you begin a sentence "you're a___________"...(hint: that's name calling) You do it your way, I'll do it mine. Peace.
    There is nothing to debate, this us seriously a nutso theory and your observations are crazy. Michelle Obama is a woman. The children are the Obama’s children. You believe a conspiracy theory pushed by Jones. It’s nuts, you have absolutely no proof, except your observations, which are crazy.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Cypress (11-17-2017)

20. #255 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

There is nothing to debate, this us seriously a nutso theory and your observations are crazy. Michelle Obama is a woman. The children are the Obama’s children. You believe a conspiracy theory pushed by Jones. It’s nuts, you have absolutely no proof, except your observations, which are crazy.
    I NEVER SAID I HAD PROOF! For pete's sake it was just my own observation when looking at the photos.
    Yet, you just keep on whining. Look, I'm trying to wind this up on a high note. Do what you want, believe what you want to believe, see what you want to see, degrade those who disagree with your opinions.............do your thing.
    pain in abortion.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

serendipity (11-18-2017)