Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PRESIDENT TRUMP TWEETS ABOUT WRONG MASS SHOOTING AFTER CALIFORNIA RAMPAGE

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,168 Times in 5,906 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 593 Times in 557 Posts

Default PRESIDENT TRUMP TWEETS ABOUT WRONG MASS SHOOTING AFTER CALIFORNIA RAMPAGE

President Donald Trump tweeted about the wrong mass shooting late Tuesday after a gunman launched a gun rampage in California and killed at least four people before trying to enter an elementary school.

On Tuesday evening, Trump tweeted: “May God be with the people of Sutherland Springs, Texas. The FBI and Law Enforcement has arrived.”

Sutherland Springs is a village in Texas where ten days earlier a gunman had killed 26 people at a church. He had tweeted a similar message after the November 5 attack.

“May God be w/ the people of Sutherland Springs, Texas. The FBI & law enforcement are on the scene. I am monitoring the situation from Japan,” he wrote at the time.

Social media users accused him of copying and pasting the message and using it as a template after mass shootings, but it remains unclear what was behind the president’s social media mistake. The tweet remains online and Trump is yet to correct or clarify the mistake.

The shooter, who police identified as 44-year-old Kevin Janson Neal, injured at least ten people in the shooting rampage at several locations in the small northern Californian town of Rancho Tehama Reserve, located around 200 kilometers from Sacramento, on Tuesday.

He entered a school but its staff had quickly locked classroom doors after hearing gunshots. Police later shot him dead. All of those killed are adults. It is reported that the shooting was perpetrated by Neal who had a violent past.

Critics took to social media to criticize the president for mixing up his mass shootings. British presenter Piers Morgan wrote on Twitter: “At least get your mass shootings right, Mr President. This was last week. The new one is in California.”

One user tweeted: “This shooting took place ten days ago. Ten.”

Another wrote: “Today the president of the United States couldn’t remember and didn’t even bother to check where the country’s most recent mass shooting took place.”

Other social media users said that the president’s failure to remember the name of the mass shooting was a sign that he could not keep up with the amount of incidents, adding to the argument for greater gun reform.

In response to the Sutherland Springs attack, the president blamed mental health for such assaults and said it was not a problem of gun ownership.

“I think that mental health is a problem here. Based on preliminary reports, this was a very deranged individual with a lot of problems over a very long period of time,” he said at a press conference in Tokyo, where he was embarking on a marathon 12-day tour of Asia, which has now come to an end.

“We have a lot of mental health problems in our country, as do other countries, but this isn’t a guns situation…we could go into it but it’s a little bit soon to go into it. Fortunately somebody else had a gun that was shooting in the opposite direction, otherwise it wouldn’t have been as bad as it was, it would have been much worse.

“This is a mental health problem at the highest level. It’s a very sad event … these are great people at a very, very sad event, but that’s the way I view it.”

You're right Donnie Boy. It IS a mental health problem at the highest level. All the way up to the White House for crissake!!!
    Republican Congressman Ken Buck:
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

Bill (11-15-2017), Phantasmal (11-15-2017), ThatOwlWoman (11-15-2017), ZappasGuitar (11-15-2017)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,492 Times in 52,722 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldvoTrumpovich View Post
    You're right Donnie Boy. It IS a mental health problem at the highest level. All the way up to the White House for crissake!!!
    You got that right. Maybe he really is developing dementia.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    You got that right. Maybe he really is developing dementia.
    Notice all the Trump supporters are strangely quiet about this incident.
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,747 Times in 33,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Asian trip started to walk past Vietnamese President! The guy is in LaLa Land.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Bill (11-15-2017), ThatOwlWoman (11-15-2017)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,614 Times in 21,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

There has been something seriously wrong with that man for 25 years, this is not new.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (11-15-2017)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,611 Times in 7,328 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,966 Times in 1,782 Posts

President Donald Trump tweeted about the wrong mass shooting late Tuesday after a gunman launched a gun rampage in California and killed at least four people before trying to enter an elementary school.

On Tuesday evening, Trump tweeted: “May God be with the people of Sutherland Springs, Texas. The FBI and Law Enforcement has arrived.”

Sutherland Springs is a village in Texas where ten days earlier a gunman had killed 26 people at a church. He had tweeted a similar message after the November 5 attack.

“May God be w/ the people of Sutherland Springs, Texas. The FBI & law enforcement are on the scene. I am monitoring the situation from Japan,” he wrote at the time.

Social media users accused him of copying and pasting the message and using it as a template after mass shootings, but it remains unclear what was behind the president’s social media mistake. The tweet remains online and Trump is yet to correct or clarify the mistake.

The shooter, who police identified as 44-year-old Kevin Janson Neal, injured at least ten people in the shooting rampage at several locations in the small northern Californian town of Rancho Tehama Reserve, located around 200 kilometers from Sacramento, on Tuesday.

He entered a school but its staff had quickly locked classroom doors after hearing gunshots. Police later shot him dead. All of those killed are adults. It is reported that the shooting was perpetrated by Neal who had a violent past.

Critics took to social media to criticize the president for mixing up his mass shootings. British presenter Piers Morgan wrote on Twitter: “At least get your mass shootings right, Mr President. This was last week. The new one is in California.”

One user tweeted: “This shooting took place ten days ago. Ten.”

Another wrote: “Today the president of the United States couldn’t remember and didn’t even bother to check where the country’s most recent mass shooting took place.”

Other social media users said that the president’s failure to remember the name of the mass shooting was a sign that he could not keep up with the amount of incidents, adding to the argument for greater gun reform.

In response to the Sutherland Springs attack, the president blamed mental health for such assaults and said it was not a problem of gun ownership.

“I think that mental health is a problem here. Based on preliminary reports, this was a very deranged individual with a lot of problems over a very long period of time,” he said at a press conference in Tokyo, where he was embarking on a marathon 12-day tour of Asia, which has now come to an end.

“We have a lot of mental health problems in our country, as do other countries, but this isn’t a guns situation…we could go into it but it’s a little bit soon to go into it. Fortunately somebody else had a gun that was shooting in the opposite direction, otherwise it wouldn’t have been as bad as it was, it would have been much worse.

“This is a mental health problem at the highest level. It’s a very sad event … these are great people at a very, very sad event, but that’s the way I view it.”

Simply astounding the level of disconnect between our "president" and this nation.

That he can't even distinguish between one shooting rampage and another speaks VOLUMES!

But of course, his devoted minions will forgive him and make all the usual excuses...just wait and watch!
    What kind of country have we become?

One in which federal prosecutors can take “evidence” before a “grand jury,”

and that grand jury can “vote to indict” a former president for 91 alleged “crimes”?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ZappasGuitar For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (11-15-2017)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Notice all the Trump supporters are strangely quiet about this incident.
    Not surprising in the least.

They can't defend his ignorance, so they just pretend it never happened.

and that grand jury can “vote to indict” a former president for 91 alleged “crimes”?

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Impeach him for this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

13. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

dukkha (11-15-2017)

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ZappasGuitar View Post

Wow! Did posters on this forum really say those things? There are some sick sociopaths here. I just hope they don't own guns.

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

it happens. it's not like mass shootings aren't commonplace *Yankee Doodle*

16. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Simply astounding the level of disconnect between our "president" and this nation.

That he can't even distinguish between one shooting rampage and another speaks VOLUMES!

But of course, his devoted minions will forgive him and make all the usual excuses...just wait and watch!
    "57 States", "Here in Asia" while speaking in Hawaii, and referencing Jacksonville, Charleston, and Savannah as being on the gulf coast by your BOY Obama and silence from you.

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You mean like the quotes I referenced for the incompetent black President?

18. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Wow! Did posters on this forum really say those things? There are some sick sociopaths here. I just hope they don't own guns.
    Sadly, many do.

The amount of naked, raging hatred spewed by JPP Righties is astounding.

The comment from Quetzalcoatl telling me he wants to watch me burn, is from one of JPP's MODS.

19. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    "57 States", "Here in Asia" while speaking in Hawaii, and referencing Jacksonville, Charleston, and Savannah as being on the gulf coast by your BOY Obama and silence from you.
    And another desperate Trumpkin once again engages in some "whataboutism" to deflect attention away from the dim bulb he voted for.

20. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Sadly, many do.

The amount of naked, raging hatred spewed by JPP Righties is astounding.

The comment from Quetzalcoatl telling me he wants to watch me burn, is from one of JPP's MODS.
    I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire unless I could piss gasoline.