Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are They ALL Lying Too?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,676 Times in 7,368 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,968 Times in 1,784 Posts

Default Are They ALL Lying Too?

Locals say Roy Moore was banned from the Gadsden Mall in the 70’s for ‘repeatedly’ hitting on teen girls

Though Alabama’s GOP Senate nominee Roy Moore and his supporters call allegations that he “dated” teen girls when he was in his 30’s politically-motivated fake news, people from Gadsden, where Moore lived at the time of the allegations, say they remember him “badgering” girls.

In a report by The New Yorker, multiple locals claimed they remember Moore being banned from The Gadsden Mall when he was the assistant district attorney to Etowah County “because he repeatedly badgered teen-age girls.” Two of the women who accused Moore of dating them when they were teens and he in his 30’s said they met him at that mall.

The claims come from a variety of sources — “five members of the local legal community, two cops who worked in the town, several people who hung out at the mall in the early eighties, and a number of former mall employees” — and many said they’d heard “rumors” about why he wasn’t welcome at the mall. A number spoke on the condition of anonymity, though a few went on record.

Greg Legat, a former employee at the mall, recalled an interaction with J.D. Thomas, a Gadsden police officer and security guard who told him to keep an eye out for Moore, who was already banned by the time Legat began working at the mall in 1981. He said he believes Moore was banned from the mall around 1979.

“‘If you see Roy, let me know. He’s banned from the mall.’” Legat told The New Yorker of his exchange with the security guard. “’If you see Moore here, tell me. I’ll take care of him.'” Legat also said his supervisor at the mall told him to watch out for Moore.

“The general knowledge at the time when I moved here was that this guy is a lawyer cruising the mall for high-school dates,” a Gadsden police officer said. “I heard from one girl who had to tell the manager of a store at the mall to get Moore to leave her alone.”‘

Another officer said that although he voted for Moore and “liked the guy at one time,” his comments in the wake of the allegations have left a sour taste in his mouth.

“The thing about how he’s never dated anybody without their mother’s permission, that appalled me,” the second officer told The New Yorker. “That made me want to throw up. Why would you need someone’s permission to date somebody?”

“I’m probably gonna write-in Luther Strange,” the officer concluded.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/loc...on-teen-girls/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to zappasguitar For This Post:

evince (11-14-2017)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Not so long ago asking permission to date was common practice. Only libtards would consider it pervy.

Of course these libs are OK with their young daughters having an abortion without being notified so I can see how this would offend them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,774 Times in 27,248 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,910 Times in 21,670 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,696 Times in 5,198 Posts
    Blog Entries

It’s pervy for a 32-year-old man to date a girl who needed her mother’s permission.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

evince (11-14-2017)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    Not so long ago asking permission to date was common practice. Only libtards would consider it pervy.

Of course these libs are OK with their young daughters having an abortion without being notified so I can see how this would offend them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    What does your rant have to do with a 32 year old man hitting on young teens?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to floridafan For This Post:

christiefan915 (11-14-2017), domer76 (11-14-2017), evince (11-14-2017)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

Still talking about Roger Moore

ok, I'll join
    What was your favorite Bond Movie?

Mine was A View To Kill
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Getin the ring For This Post:

MAGA MAN (11-14-2017)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,676 Times in 7,368 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,968 Times in 1,784 Posts

And now FURTHER CONFIRMATION...

Gadsden locals say Moore's predatory behavior at mall, restaurants not a secret

Roy Moore's penchant for flirting with teen girls was "common knowledge" and "not a big secret" around Gadsden, according to some area residents.

The Senate candidate has denied any wrongdoing in the wake of a report from The Washington Post in which four women accused Moore of inappropriate advances - and in one instance, a sexual encounter - toward them when they were teens and he was in his early 30s.

One of the four women claims she was 14 at the time, making her the only one whose claim would represent a legal violation. Moore has said he never met her. A fifth woman came forward this afternoon.

Moore and other Republican leaders have questioned why it took so long for his accusers, now in their 50s, to come forward publicly.

And yet people who lived in Etowah County during that time have said Moore's flirting with and dating much younger women and girls was no secret.

"These stories have been going around this town for 30 years," said Blake Usry, who grew up in the area and lives in Gadsden. "Nobody could believe they hadn't come out yet."

Usry, a traveling nurse, said he knew some girls that Moore tried to flirt with.

"It's not a big secret in this town about Roy Moore," he said. "That's why it's sort of frustrating to watch" the public disbelieve the women who have come forward, he said.

The Mall

Colleagues and others who knew Moore told the Washington Post that he often walked alone around the Gadsden Mall.

The mall opened to great fanfare in 1974, anchored by department stores like Pizitz, Belk Hudson and Sears. It had a movie theater, lounge, drug store and restaurants including Morrison's Cafeteria.

It soon became a popular local hangout, especially for teenagers.

Wendy Miller told The Post that she was 14 and working as Santa's helper at the Gadsden Mall in 1977 when Moore first spoke with her and told her she looked pretty. Two years later, when she was 16, he asked her out on dates, although her mother wouldn't let her go.

Usry, who was a teenager at the time, remembers seeing Moore at the mall often.

"He would go and flirt with all the young girls," he said. "It'd seem like every Friday or Saturday night (you'd see him) walking around the mall, like the kids did."

Jason Nelms, who now lives in Tennessee but grew up in nearby Southside, was a regular at the mall when he was a teenager.

He recalled being told by a mall employee that they kept watch for an older guy who was known to pick up younger girls.

Nelms said he was told later by a concession worker at the mall that it was Roy Moore.

Greg Legat worked at the Record Bar, a music store near Sears in the mall, from 1981-1985. The store was just down from the back entrance of the mall, near the three-screen Mall Theatre. It was a popular place for parents dropping off their teens in the evenings and on weekends.

Legat, now 59, said an off-duty Gadsden police officer named J.D. Thomas told him about various people he should look out for when he was working. This was around 1981, and Thomas worked security at the mall.

One of the people was a pickpocket, he said, while another was someone prone to pick fights.

One was Roy Moore.

"I asked him, 'What did he do?'" Legat recalled. "He said, 'If you see him, let me know. I'll take care of it.'"
    New sexual misconduct allegations against Roy Moore

'Common knowledge'

Five other current and former Etowah County residents also spoke to AL.com with similar accounts.

"Him liking and dating young girls was never a secret in Gadsden when we were all in high school," said Sheryl Porter. "In our neighborhoods up by Noccalula Falls we heard it all the time. Even people at the courthouse know it was a well-known secret.

"It's just sad how these girls (who accused Moore) are getting hammered and called liars, especially Leigh (Corfman)."

On Monday, Beverly Young Nelson became the fifth accuser to come forward against Moore. During a press conference, she said she was a 16-year-old waitress at the Old Hickory House restaurant in Gadsden when Moore sexually assaulted her in his car. He was in his early 30s at the time, she said, and the deputy district attorney of Etowah County.

Another former waitress, Victoria Beverstock, told AL.com today that she was 20 years old and working at The Poor House restaurant in 1992 when Moore came in a few times a week to eat and do paperwork.

She said he made her and the other waitresses uncomfortable by staring at them and flirting.

"He watched us girls quite openly," said Beverstock. "His eyes crawled over our shirts and our backsides. He was so open about it that I would try and handle his order as quickly as possible.

"When you didn't smile and flirt back with him, give him an opening, he became rude and demanding," she said.

Teresa Jones, who said she worked at the Etowah County District Attorney's Office with Moore, took to Twitter on Friday to say it was "common knowledge" that he pursued teenage girls.

"As a Deputy DA in Gadsden when Roy Moore was there, it was common knowledge about Roy's propensity for teenage girls," she tweeted. "I'm appalled that these women are being skewered for the truth."

She later told CNN that Moore often went to local high school events and other hangouts: "It was common knowledge that Roy dated high school girls, everyone we knew thought it was weird...We wondered why someone his age would hang out at high school football games and the mall."

Tony Hathcock is a photographer in Gadsden who told CBS News that he's known Corfman well for five years and believes her. They are both very conservative Republican voters, he said, and both voted for Trump. He said she had nothing to gain from speaking out, but felt safe speaking out now because her children are now adults.

He said that growing up in Gadsden, he'd heard rumors about Moore. Last week, he posted on Facebook a defense of Corfman. He said that even as a middle-schooler in Gadsden he'd heard stories from people he knew about Moore's behavior making them uncomfortable.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/201...incart_m-rpt-2

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zappasguitar For This Post:

christiefan915 (11-14-2017), evince (11-14-2017), Phantasmal (11-14-2017)

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Don’t vote for him Zipperhead. Remember when libtards loved a politician who wanted a little strange? Remember when EVERYONE lies about sex? Good times

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

MAGA MAN (11-14-2017)

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,774 Times in 27,248 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZappasGuitar View Post
    Locals say Roy Moore was banned from the Gadsden Mall in the 70’s for ‘repeatedly’ hitting on teen girls

Though Alabama’s GOP Senate nominee Roy Moore and his supporters call allegations that he “dated” teen girls when he was in his 30’s politically-motivated fake news, people from Gadsden, where Moore lived at the time of the allegations, say they remember him “badgering” girls.

In a report by The New Yorker, multiple locals claimed they remember Moore being banned from The Gadsden Mall when he was the assistant district attorney to Etowah County “because he repeatedly badgered teen-age girls.” Two of the women who accused Moore of dating them when they were teens and he in his 30’s said they met him at that mall.

The claims come from a variety of sources — “five members of the local legal community, two cops who worked in the town, several people who hung out at the mall in the early eighties, and a number of former mall employees” — and many said they’d heard “rumors” about why he wasn’t welcome at the mall. A number spoke on the condition of anonymity, though a few went on record.

Greg Legat, a former employee at the mall, recalled an interaction with J.D. Thomas, a Gadsden police officer and security guard who told him to keep an eye out for Moore, who was already banned by the time Legat began working at the mall in 1981. He said he believes Moore was banned from the mall around 1979.

“‘If you see Roy, let me know. He’s banned from the mall.’” Legat told The New Yorker of his exchange with the security guard. “’If you see Moore here, tell me. I’ll take care of him.'” Legat also said his supervisor at the mall told him to watch out for Moore.

“The general knowledge at the time when I moved here was that this guy is a lawyer cruising the mall for high-school dates,” a Gadsden police officer said. “I heard from one girl who had to tell the manager of a store at the mall to get Moore to leave her alone.”‘

Another officer said that although he voted for Moore and “liked the guy at one time,” his comments in the wake of the allegations have left a sour taste in his mouth.

“The thing about how he’s never dated anybody without their mother’s permission, that appalled me,” the second officer told The New Yorker. “That made me want to throw up. Why would you need someone’s permission to date somebody?”

The first big RED FLAG (as in progressive communist red) should be the title....LOCALS SAY.......

Let's count the number of times Subjective BS is used. 1. "Locals CLAIMED" 2. The CLAIMS come from. 3. Remember dating him as a teen (are 18 and 19 year old teens included in the teen years...note there was no ages given for the teens WHO CLAIMED...I wonder why?) 4. A NUMBER OF THE ACCUSERS demanded anonymity(a number could range from 1% to 99%....no qualifying number is used...again, I wonder why?) 5. He BELIEVES? Really...that's objective evidence, speaking of the guard who (wink, wink) REMEMBERED 6. And lastly....PROBABLY GONNA....again, Really?

Indeed that's certainly some objective reporting of the facts. Its like reading a Hollywood daytime Soap Opera script.

Of course this is what happens when its suggested that the PERVs be allowed to prosecute and police their own practices. A liberal hack who defends the deviant behavior of Hollywood...now attempts to use SUBJECTIVE GOSSIP as some type of evidence to prosecute a political enemy? Really?
    Last edited by Ralph; 11-14-2017 at 07:22 PM.

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

All this free press by the liberal media with a history of lies and red staters hate. 'Bama will turn out in record numbers to vote in Roy. Then nothing will come of any of this shit...

18. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,323 Times in 10,512 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    What does your rant have to do with a 32 year old man hitting on young teens?
    It’s called diversion. The RW morons are very practiced at it.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

zappasguitar (11-15-2017)

20. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,910 Times in 21,670 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,696 Times in 5,198 Posts
    Blog Entries

Liars

21. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 326 Times in 306 Posts
    Blog Entries

Show us the police report, you fucked up this time, you brought cops into it which means there would have been a police report and a paper trail, the lack of such paper trail just like the fact that the girl didn't have a phone in her room as she claimed proves this is nothing more than classic swamp creature tactics.

22. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Funny how you never posted in this thread!!
    https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh....php?p=2098618

Sent from my Lenovo K8 Note using Tapatalk