Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Even if dirty Moore is guilty they will still vote for him??

1. #256 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,094 Times in 25,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Roy Moore was a DEMOCRAT when all this allegedly happened! So I guess all your good ol' boy democrat heroes back then were still in the business of covering for their brethren. Maybe his idol was Bubba Clinton...birds of a feather.

And, I don't remember anybody here so worried about the abusive lifelong ways of Bubba the democrat, and him causing women to be suicidal. Hypocrites. Bubba's the one who got away with everything. When Hillary said that "alllllll women deserve to be believed" she didn't mean Bubba's harem.
    Who was suicidal?

Btw did you call out trump when he publicly shamed and humiliated Alicia Machado?

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

2. #257 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,094 Times in 25,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
    They want Roy Moore exposed for the man he is, they do not feel men like Moore should serve in the Senate. One woman was very honest in her statement.
    That type is already in Congress, they don't need another one!

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

3. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Phantasmal (11-15-2017)

4. #258 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,737 Times in 14,332 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

I intentionally left out "episodes" of learning to get over it while I was 16 and 17. I stood my ground and then moved on from unwanted advances. I can't even imagine coming forward 48 years later to avenge any mistreatment.
    "The moving finger writes and having writ moves on." Omar Khayyam
    Were you asking for it? Were you dressed appropriately? Were you flirting?

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    So you were assaulted at 16? (rhetorical). Let's assume that 40 years later, a confidant of yours tells a reporter that you were involved in an uncomfortable situation with a person who is now all over the news. If asked...you would deny it? Because that's how this all started.

And if you think the 14 year old 'seemed to have moved on alright', then you are willingly ignoring all facts to the contrary.
    So you denied the incident(s) when asked?

Yeah, I could have done that 48 years ago, but I didn't. I dealt with it and let it go. I'm 65 and have lived more years than I'm going to live. No time to waste reliving the past or harboring unforgiveness and bitterness toward anyone in the past.
    Actually I was offered a book deal on one of the 2 "troubled" men who did become more publicly known. One offer from an author here in the States and another author from another country. I thanked them both but, told them I had no intention of reliving the details. I wanted to keep a tight hold on my peace. No amount of money was worth disturbing that.

'More publicly known'. Moore has always been 'publicly known'. DURING the time of the attacks. Now he's asking to be granted one of the most powerful positions in politics. I'll ask again...if your attacker(s) suddenly had their faces plastered on national t.v., having just won a Senate primary....you wouldn't admit to his sexual attacks if you were tracked down by an investigative reporter?
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

5. #259 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I hope Evince and a couple others begin grilling Leah Corfman and the other women allegedly assaulted by Roy Moore as enthusiastically as they enjoy grilling women who've had similar experiences in their lives in this Forum. Don't get me wrong. I'm not a victim. I'm just another human being living a brief life with good times and bad times hoping to learn life lessons in all circumstances.
    Peace.
    You offered the anecdote. There had to be a reason that someone made the advances toward you. Are you 100% sure that you weren't asking for it, and that it wasn't actually your fault?
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

6. #260 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Even if dirty Moore is guilty they will still vote for him??
    Sex with children is not all that uncommon in Alabama and among evangelicals in general.

Roy Moore's scandal is just the tip of American evangelical Christianity's child bride problem

When Alabama GOP Senate nominee Roy Moore was accused of sexually molesting children as young as 14, his fellow hardcore evangelicals shrugged at the scandal -- it was "common knowledge" that Moore had a fondness for young teens.

Moore isn't alone in liking very young girls as sexual partners. The grooming of children to marry adult men is a common practice in American evangelical circles, and infamous child-bride advocates are celebrated on the lecture circuit, especially among home schoolers.

These "courting" experts counsel parents to encourage their children to seek marriage with adult men, advocating for marriage in the "middle-teens."

It's a widespread view among the hard right evangelical world, mainstream enough that Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson has publicly advised his fans to marry 15- or 16-year-old girls, because "you wait until they get to be 20 years old, the only picking that's going to take place is your pocket." This view was defended by mainstream Republicans, and Robertson has continued to enjoy success in right-wing media, with a new show on CRTV.
    https://boingboing.net/2017/11/12/early-courtship.html
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

christiefan915 (11-15-2017), Phantasmal (11-15-2017)

8. #261 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    Sex with children is not all that uncommon in Alabama and among evangelicals in general.

Roy Moore's scandal is just the tip of American evangelical Christianity's child bride problem

When Alabama GOP Senate nominee Roy Moore was accused of sexually molesting children as young as 14, his fellow hardcore evangelicals shrugged at the scandal -- it was "common knowledge" that Moore had a fondness for young teens.

Moore isn't alone in liking very young girls as sexual partners. The grooming of children to marry adult men is a common practice in American evangelical circles, and infamous child-bride advocates are celebrated on the lecture circuit, especially among home schoolers.

These "courting" experts counsel parents to encourage their children to seek marriage with adult men, advocating for marriage in the "middle-teens."

It's a widespread view among the hard right evangelical world, mainstream enough that Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson has publicly advised his fans to marry 15- or 16-year-old girls, because "you wait until they get to be 20 years old, the only picking that's going to take place is your pocket." This view was defended by mainstream Republicans, and Robertson has continued to enjoy success in right-wing media, with a new show on CRTV.
    https://boingboing.net/2017/11/12/early-courtship.html
    Why don't you ask Mel Reynolds.

9. #262 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

You offered the anecdote. There had to be a reason that someone made the advances toward you. Are you 100% sure that you weren't asking for it, and that it wasn't actually your fault?
    So, go ask Corfman and the other women if they "asked" for it from Democrat Moore.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

10. #263 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So, go ask Corfman and the other women if they "asked" for it from Democrat Moore.
    I'm asking you. There had to be a reason you were harassed by these men. Are you sure it wasn't your own fault?

11. #264 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,611 Times in 7,328 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,966 Times in 1,782 Posts

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Roy Moore was a DEMOCRAT when all this allegedly happened! So I guess all your good ol' boy democrat heroes back then were still in the business of covering for their brethren. Maybe his idol was Bubba Clinton...birds of a feather.

And, I don't remember anybody here so worried about the abusive lifelong ways of Bubba the democrat, and him causing women to be suicidal. Hypocrites. Bubba's the one who got away with everything. When Hillary said that "alllllll women deserve to be believed" she didn't mean Bubba's harem.
    Regardless, it is DEMOCRATS calling for Moore to step aside while it is REPUBLICANS who are supporting the accused pedophile!
    What kind of country have we become?

One in which federal prosecutors can take “evidence” before a “grand jury,”

and that grand jury can “vote to indict” a former president for 91 alleged “crimes”?

12. #265 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'm asking you. There had to be a reason you were harassed by these men. Are you sure it wasn't your own fault?
    You really are obsessed with only cross-examining conservative women who have had unwanted advances made on them. I just wanted to see how far you'd push it and how hard you would lean and ask the same question more than once. You people are showing your true colors.
    So, AGAIN AND HOPEFULLY FOR THE LAST TIME...............I was 17. Plus it was at a time where proper dress codes were in place at school...nothing tight, no jeans, skirts below the knee, etc.) Not only did I not "ask for it" but, I'm sure that none these women did either.
    I'm still watching & listening to the lawyers and waiting to see how this unfolds. AS I SAID BEFORE, right now I'm taking the women at their word. It's still too soon to determine the outcome with 100% certainty........it's time to see and hear what the defense has to say.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something

13. #266 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,768 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well, that was her choice then.....to talk.....to bring her past back to life.
    Yes, it was and no one should judge others.

14. #267 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ZappasGuitar View Post
    Regardless, it is DEMOCRATS calling for Moore to step aside while it is REPUBLICANS who are supporting the accused pedophile!
    Everyone is entitled to their feelings and observations. We are only just now starting to hear from the defense lawyer. My PERSONAL SYMPATHIES lie with the women, not Democrat Roy Moore (political according to the time of when he allegedly accosted these women). But, I'm willing to hear and see evidence from both sides.
    pain in abortion.

15. #268 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

But, while they were all adults they didn't care about stopping him from getting other government jobs. Um-hmmm.

Bottom line is exactly what you said: "They want Roy Moore exposed for the man he is". And, now they put themselves in a position to relive their horrors and pain, forfeiting any peace they may have spent years to attain, bring back to life a very bitter experience, picking up their baggage of unforgiveness...this is only going to rob them of whatever joy and peace they all probably worked very hard to acquire. And, for what? Exposing an old man for what he supposedly was? They probably don't realize that they are giving their power of control right back to the very man who once DID control them.
    It's sad enough that these alleged things occurred at the hands of this man.
    But, it's tragic they are still giving their control back to him to continually cause them pain, tears and suffering.
    Bull, that’s your interpretation, it is very empowering to some to be able to tell their stories. There are women who would love to tell their stories and it isn’t for you nor I or anyone else to determine when is the right time.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Althea (11-16-2017), Bill (11-15-2017)

17. #269 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZappasGuitar View Post
    Some, not all Republicans

18. #270 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Everyone is entitled to their feelings and observations. We are only just now starting to hear from the defense lawyer. My PERSONAL SYMPATHIES lie with the women, not Democrat Roy Moore (political according to the time of when he allegedly accosted these women). But, I'm willing to hear and see evidence from both sides.
    kinda sad that you had to turn him into a dem in order to express your disgust w him & what he did...........

Wrong is wrong, regardless of party etc....... There should be no distinction or discrimination, be honest w/ yourself & them......... It's a lot easier
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."