Thread: The social media adds putin & probably the dirty wanted you to see..

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Red face The social media adds putin & probably the dirty wanted you to see..

The social media ads Russia wanted Americans to see

A batch of the ads was released Wednesday by members of the House intelligence panel.

By POLITICO STAFF
    11/01/2017 03:11 PM EDT

Facebook ads purchased by Russia are pictured. | Facebook/Democratic House members

Russian accounts bought thousands of social media ads on hot-button U.S. issues ranging from Black Lives Matter to illegal immigration, according to a batch of the ads released Wednesday by members of the House intelligence panel.
    Here is a sampling of ads purchased by Russian-linked accounts and aimed at U.S. Facebook and Instagram users:
    Black Lives Matter

This ad features images of three African-Americans whose deaths — either from police shootings or while in police custody — inspired protests and called attention to the “Black Lives Matter” movement: Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo.; Tamir Rice in Cleveland; and Freddie Gray in Baltimore.

This ad, created in July 2015, targeted people ages 18 or older in Georgia, Maryland, Missouri or Virginia. | Democratic House members

Posted on: Facebook
    Created: July 2015
    Targeted: People ages 18 or older in Georgia, Maryland, Missouri or Virginia
    Results: 201,428 impressions, 12,127 clicks
    Ad spend: 53,425 rubles ($915)

Blue Lives Matter

An image of police saluting a fallen comrade and a flag-draped casket blames a “Black Lives Matter” activist for “another gruesome attack on police.” The fine print, however, describes a Boston “gun battle” in which officers were shot and critically injured — making it unclear whose funeral is being depicted. In any case, the ad warns that Hillary Clinton is “the main hardliner against cops” and says that “among all the candidates Donald Trump is the one and only who can defend the police from terrorists.”

This ad, created in October 2016, targeted people age 18 or older who like the Facebook group “Being Patriotic.” | Democratic House members

Created: October 2016
    Targeted: People age 18 or older who like the Facebook group “Being Patriotic”
    Results: 3,362 impressions, 761 clicks
    Ad spend: 500 rubles ($8.56)

‘Buff Bernie’ coloring book

This ad promoted a coloring book called “Buff Bernie,” filled with “very attractive doodles of Bernie Sanders in muscle poses.” It added that “I’ve recently heard some hateful comments from the Hillary supporters about Bernie Sanders and his supporters” — language aimed at stirring up the kinds of intra-party divisions that would later flare after the first release of Russian-hacked Democratic Party documents during the summer of 2016.

This ad, created March 2016, targeted people ages 18 to 65+ in the United States who like “LGBT United”. | Facebook | Democratic House members

Posted on: LBGT United group on Facebook
    Created: March 2016
    Targeted: People ages 18 to 65+ in the United States who like “LGBT United”
    Results: 848 impressions, 54 clicks
    Ad spend: 111.49 rubles ($1.92)

Trump is ‘Not My President’

Created the day after the election, this ad proclaimed that “racism won, ignorance won, sexual assault won” and invited people to a rally in New York City’s Union Square where they could “march against Trump.” The ad may not have been necessary — Trump’s critics turned out en masse for rallies much like this during that weekend.

This ad, created in November 2016, targeted people 18 to 65+ living within 10 miles of New York who like or have friends connected to the Facebook group “BM.” | Democratic House members

Created: November 2016
    Targeted: People 18 to 65+ living within 10 miles of New York who like or have friends connected to the Facebook group “BM”
    Results: 188 impressions, 26 clicks
    Ad spend: 113 rubles ($1.93)

Bernie Sanders: Clinton Foundation is a ‘Problem’

This ad, from around the time when Hillary Clinton secured the Democratic nomination, cites Sanders’ criticism of donations given to the Clinton Foundation — but it also goes beyond Sanders’ rhetoric by calling the foundation “an ‘organized crime at it’s finest [sic].” It also accuses Clinton of disregarding the rights of women, gays and lesbians in foreign countries. It finishes: “So, why are so many people going to vote for her?”

This ad, created in June 2016, targeted people ages 18 to 65+ interested in Bernie Sanders. | Democratic House members

Created: June 2016
    Targeted: People ages 18 to 65+ interested in Bernie Sanders
    Results: 1,938 impressions, 222 clicks
    Ad spend: 500 rubles ($8.56)

Teaching children about guns

This image of an adult and a child wielding guns included the text that “this is the way our children have to be raised,” adding: “Follow us if this video makes you proud!”

This ad, created in April 2016, targeted people ages 13 to 65+ who are interested in the tea party of Donald Trump. | Democratic House members

Posted on: Instagram
    Created: April 2016
    Targeted: People ages 13 to 65+ who are interested in the tea party or Donald Trump
    Results: 108,433 impressions, 857 clicks
    Ad spend: 17,306 rubles ($297)

Satan: ‘If I Win Clinton Wins!’ Jesus: ‘Not If I Can Help It!’

This ad by the “Army of Jesus” invited people to elect “a president with godly moral principles,” calling Hillary Clinton “a Satan.” While Donald Trump “isn’t a saint by any means, he’s at least an honest man and he cares deeply for his country,” it says.

This ad, created in October 2016, targeted, people age 18 to 65+ interested in Christianity, Jesus, God, Ron Paul and media personalities such as Laura Ingraham, Rush Limbaugh, Bill O’Reilly and Mike Savage, among other topics. | Democratic House members

Targeted: People age 18 to 65+ interested in Christianity, Jesus, God, Ron Paul and media personalities such as Laura Ingraham, Rush Limbaugh, Bill O’Reilly and Mike Savage, among other topics
    Results: 71 impressions, 14 clicks
    Ad spend: 64 rubles ($1.10)

Texas: Get Ready to Secede!

This ad promoted an event on the Saturday before the November election urging “fellow Texans” to “say a strong NO to the establishment robbers” and “the crimes committed by Killary Rotten Clinton.” It adds: “Let’s remind them what Texas is made of and show that we’re ready to secede!”

This ad, created in October 2016, targeted people ages 18 to 65+ who like the Facebook group “Heart of Texas.” | Democratic House members

Targeted: People ages 18 to 65+ who like the Facebook group “Heart of Texas”
    Results: 16,168 impressions, 2,342 clicks
    Ad spend: 3,200 rubles ($55)

Flag-draped casket

The ad, featuring a woman sobbing over a flag-draped casket, tells readers that “Killary Clinton will never understand what it feels like to lose the person you love for the sake of your country.” The headline, “What Difference Does It Make?”, is taken from a controversial section of Clinton’s testimony during one of the congressional Benghazi hearings.

This ad, created in August 2016, targeted people ages 18 to 65+ interested in military veterans, including those from the Iraq, Afghanistan and Vietnam wars. | Democratic House members

Posted on: Instagram
    Created: August 2016
    Targeted: People ages 18 to 65+ interested in military veterans, including those from the Iraq, Afghanistan and Vietnam wars
    Results: 17,654 impressions, 517 clicks
    Ad spend: (3,083 rubles) $53

This
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

those are the cheesiest ads I've ever seen, and i've seen some trash on FB..

You'd have to have the IQ of a teddy bear to give them a 2nd look

This is what supposedly cost Hillary the election?????? ROFL

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anatta For This Post:

canceled.2021.2 (11-02-2017), Stretch (11-02-2017)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post

We have gone from Russia “hacked our election” to Russia spent “$100,000 to buy our election for Trump”

The democrat party will believe anything to avoid admitting Her Thighness was rejected

ROFLMAO. I can’t believe the OP posted this as something to be taken seriously

5. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

Stretch (11-02-2017)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

cheesey or not there are going to be "warning labels" for political add on social media-
    least that's what I briefly saw on the crawl news.

Because we are so fvcking stupid we can't discern for ourselves is the reasoning
    I don't know how you were diverted / You were perverted too
    I don't know how you were inverted / No one alerted you

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post

I have not personally seen any of those.. I have all the political crap hidden on FB..

You do know that isn't all of them & they were targeted @ the ones they thought would be susceptible..

My favorite is Jesus & the devil arm-wrestling.........
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    We have gone from Russia “hacked our election” to Russia spent “$100,000 to buy our election for Trump”

The democrat party will believe anything to avoid admitting Her Thighness was rejected

ROFLMAO. I can’t believe the OP posted this as something to be taken seriously
    What the hell, you post shit all the time & think it's something to be taken seriously.

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    cheesey or not there are going to be "warning labels" for political add on social media-
    least that's what I briefly saw on the crawl news.

Because we are so fvcking stupid we can't discern for ourselves is the reasoning
    lol.......... I think a good one would be, go head, be stupid, click here { } I bet you would get some hits.....

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    I have not personally seen any of those.. I have all the political crap hidden on FB..

You do know that isn't all of them & they were targeted @ the ones they thought would be susceptible..

My favorite is Jesus & the devil arm-wrestling.........
    lol there are hilarious. Thy look like they were done by children

11. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Stretch (11-02-2017)

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

$100k for that gibberish that took up .004% of total FB space. That's four one-thousandths of 1%. And, it supposedly threw an entire election? I think not, LOL!
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.