Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: HA! Obamacare subsidies are back

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,034 Times in 14,529 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Getin the ring View Post
    uh, buy healthcare on the exchange and get a deductible so high that they really don't have health insurance?
    And you and I keep chipping in to subsidize this charade?

Are you a real person or some dopey programmed android void of thought?
    Why not? Everyone pays for your employer based health insurance.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ZappasGuitar View Post
    I find it absolutely astounding how selfish some people can be with regards to health care.

That someone can be so greedy they can't be find room in their heart to contribute a few pennies to help those on the lowest rungs of the economic ladder afford healthcare is just disgraceful.
    Most people think health insurance is free, because the taxpayer subsidizes their employer's premium payments.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    I agree with everything but the last statement. Taxation in and of itself is not immoral. Not even the founders believed that. Taxing income directly like we do is immoral.

But you are correct that Deshtard hides her tyranny behind the cloak of democracy. It is why the founders avoided setting this country up as a true democracy. They knew their history and that democracy is nothing more than the tyranny of the majority.
    Obama himself, backed by his supporters, said the mandate was not a tax. However, when the Supreme Court upheld the mandate they did so based on it being something Obama himself said it wasn't, a tax. Where were all of them saying the Court was wrong to do so?

While I agree taxation in and of itself isn't immoral, based on Article I, Section 8, Clause 1, taxing to fund things for which the federal government does not have delegated authority to do is unconstitutional. What's immoral when it comes to things like the Obamacare subsidies is to tax one group of people in order to give to another group unwilling to do for themselves something they refuse to provide to themselves.

4. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Why not? Everyone pays for your employer based health insurance.
    No they don't.

5. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post
    as i understand it it has not passed yet. Either in the house or senate. If anyone has a link showing otherwise please put it up.

I dont mind if it passes as long as the republicans get serious concessions for it. I hope congress realizes how much leverage trump has created for them. First with DACA now with this.
    He hasn't created anything. Subsidies are the law. Insurers must offer them to low income people. The Fed reimbursement to insurers is what trump did away with.

So insurance companies will continue to get screwed by Republicans, who cut all funding for risk corridors, and now cost sharing.

They were promised guarantees, in exchange for accepting people with pre existing conditions, as well as for the mandatory minimum coverages. Like trump, all Republicans cannot be trusted to adhere to agreements.

6. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    He hasn't created anything. Subsidies are the law. Insurers must offer them to low income people. The Fed reimbursement to insurers is what trump did away with.

So insurance companies will continue to get screwed by Republicans, who cut all funding for risk corridors, and now cost sharing.

They were promised guarantees, in exchange for accepting people with pre existing conditions, as well as for the mandatory minimum coverages. Like trump, all Republicans cannot be trusted to adhere to agreements.
    Subsidies for healthcare are yet another freeloader social welfare program giving those that won't do for themselves something they didn't earn.

7. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,005 Times in 8,032 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Obama himself, backed by his supporters, said the mandate was not a tax. However, when the Supreme Court upheld the mandate they did so based on it being something Obama himself said it wasn't, a tax. Where were all of them saying the Court was wrong to do so?

While I agree taxation in and of itself isn't immoral, based on Article I, Section 8, Clause 1, taxing to fund things for which the federal government does not have delegated authority to do is unconstitutional. What's immoral when it comes to things like the Obamacare subsidies is to tax one group of people in order to give to another group unwilling to do for themselves something they refuse to provide to themselves.
    Wrong.

The mandate is not a tax because it doesn't raise revenue, which is what a tax does. The mandate and it's non-compliance penalty encourages a certain behavior, i.e. purchasing health insurance.

Roberts based upholding Obamacare on the basis of it functioning "like a tax" or having certain characterstics of a tax, without actually being a tax per se.

But we all know how badly you ignorant right-wingers hate the very word "tax" and as such, use it to disparage Obamacare.

The only thing you need to do is shut your fucking grits n' hog jowls hole and PAY YOUR FUCKING TAXES!!!!!

Asshole.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

8. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Wrong.

The mandate is not a tax because it doesn't raise revenue, which is what a tax does. The mandate and it's non-compliance penalty encourages a certain behavior, i.e. purchasing health insurance.

Roberts based upholding Obamacare on the basis of it functioning "like a tax" or having certain characterstics of a tax, without actually being a tax per se.

But we all know how badly you ignorant right-wingers hate the very word "tax" and as such, use it to disparage Obamacare.

The only thing you need to do is shut your fucking grits n' hog jowls hole and PAY YOUR FUCKING TAXES!!!!!

Asshole.
    Since you make a demand about what people should do, the only thing left is for you to back it up, NIGGER. We both know you can't but you will continue to make demands you have no ability to back up. What's stopping you, nigger.?

9. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 10 Times in 9 Posts

Wrong.

Asshole.
    So the argument from the progressive loons has come full circle. Obama himself vehemently argued it was not a tax was on the air with George Snuffleupagus. But then the attorneys arguing his claimed it was a tax as did Roberts. Now the looney left is back to claiming it wasn't.

As far as paying MY FUCKING TAXES, I do. I get nothing back. It is time for those who get more than they pay into it to start paying their fair share.

Asshole.

PS. Us right wingers are smart enough to see the bullshit of the "its a tax, its not a tax" arguement. Apparently, you are not.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Huey For This Post:

Русский  (10-18-2017)

11. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Wrong.

Asshole.
    Strange that anyone would call a failure to purchase under the threat of fine and or imprisonment regulated and enforced by the IRS (the tax department of the federal government) an "encouragement". If its not a tax (as determined by the supreme court of the land ruled the mandate to be a TAX in June of 2012) why does the IRS regulate and control the mandate? The better question why would you suggest that its not a tax when in reality that is the only reason the court found it to be constitutional by the slightest margin in a 5/4 decision? Its who you are its what all leftist do instead of admitting they are wrong....they attempt to twist their own words in order to make something appear plausible, when they themselves know they are lying their asses off...as the actual evidence of fact demonstrates.

Tell us one more time how the mandate is not a tax (making Obama and the left guilty of lying one more time in passing this failing boondoggle...one among the masses of other demonstrable lies of convenience.....or INCONVENIENT TRUTHS)........I suppose you expect others to accept your opinion based upon biased horseshit to be superior to SCOTUS? Really? I'm nothing buying it, I think that you thought you were WRONG ONE TIME in your entire life, but in reality you were merely MISTAKING.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ralph For This Post:

Русский  (10-18-2017)

13. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Since you make a demand about what people should do, the only thing left is for you to back it up, NIGGER. We both know you can't but you will continue to make demands you have no ability to back up. What's stopping you, nigger.?
    Tell you what. Get someone to put you in a cage, book you a commercial flight, load your ass into the animal and cargo hold (since I'm sure they'd never allow your vile, dirty, stinking ass in with the humans in the passenger section) then fly down here to Florida, and let me know which kennel they're keeping you in.

I'll come over there and let you attempt to prove that I can't back up anything I say to your scraggly ass, peckerwood, flea-bag mutt self.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

14. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Definition of tax:

Tax: - n. a governmental assessment (charge) upon property value, transactions (transfers and sales), licenses granting a right, and/or income. These include Federal and state income taxes, county and city taxes on real property, state and/or local sales tax based on a percentage of each retail transaction, duties on imports from foreign countries, business licenses, Federal tax (and some states' taxes) on the estates of persons who have died, taxes on large gifts, and a state "use" tax in lieu of sales tax imposed on certain goods bought outside of the state.
    Obamacare mandate: not a tax.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

15. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Tell you what. Get someone to put you in a cage, book you a commercial flight, load your ass into the animal and cargo hold (since I'm sure they'd never allow your vile, dirty, stinking ass in with the humans in the passenger section) then fly down here to Florida, and let me know which kennel they're keeping you in.

I'll come over there and let you attempt to prove that I can't back up anything I say to your scraggly ass, peckerwood, flea-bag mutt self.
    Not man enough to come where you've indicated, based on pictures you've posted, you claim I am. Just like the typical nigger wanting a white man to do all the work.

16. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Tat Da-da-da Dahhhhhh! Marvin the Super Hero...and the implementation of a cyber ass whopp'n. And the phony tuff rides again...... we can tell you are tuff by your stolen valor avatar (the cartoon world must worship a self professed superhero in their own mind). When I was a child student we would kick the ass of anyone running around listening to someone espouse illiterate poetry while calling it music......a situation better known as kicking the ass of a nerd.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GabqsZulUOk

17. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Definition of tax:

Obamacare mandate: not a tax.
    Only in your simple mind but you have the mentality of most blacks with low IQs.