Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Have liberals ever taken a Civil class?

1. #166 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Right View Post
    Your argument is lame. It's the United States of America, not the People's Republic of America.
    If Thingy actually knew how the system operated and why it was put in place, he'd understand what you said.

2. #167 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,316 Times in 10,506 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Huey View Post
    so you can explain how minority voter participation increased or remained in line with whites in states with voter ID laws in 06, 08, and 12.

thanks!
    I already did, moron, but it escaped you. Your mistake, and the mistake that the moron you cited, is a logical fallacy. Pretty common among RW retards. You assume causality when it may well not exist.

I haven’t looked into the numbers, so I won’t even go there. Much of what you hacks post are outright fabrications.

Given that, increased numbers DON’T necessarily mean votes were NOT suppressed. Nor does it mean that the intention to suppress votes was absent. That’s why the courts routinely slap these laws down those laws.

Piss off a segment of the population enough, they will compensate by coming out in droves that didn’t occur before. Other votes can still be suppressed. And are.

3. #168 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    I already did, moron, but it escaped you. Your mistake, and the mistake that the moron you cited, is a logical fallacy. Pretty common among RW retards. You assume causality when it may well not exist.

I haven’t looked into the numbers, so I won’t even go there. Much of what you hacks post are outright fabrications.

Given that, increased numbers DON’T necessarily mean votes were NOT suppressed. Nor does it mean that the intention to suppress votes was absent. That’s why the courts routinely slap these laws down those laws.

Piss off a segment of the population enough, they will compensate by coming out in droves that didn’t occur before. Other votes can still be suppressed. And are.
    Loinfo, I suggest you get into the numbers before posting further and making a bigger ass of yourself. I also suggest you study state laws so you will understand things like provisional ballets and how long after the election you have to prove who you say you are.

your mistake is thinking that since in this argument I used a specific source I have no others. Bring on you rebuttal or STFU with your talking points. I have found most you have nothing but loinfo dem talking points on the issue.

4. #169 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    If Thingy actually knew how the system operated and why it was put in place, he'd understand what you said.
    Thing has no desire to learn about reality. He's got his belief system, and damn if you or I are going to change that.

5. #170 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,316 Times in 10,506 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Loinfo, I suggest you get into the numbers before posting further and making a bigger ass of yourself. I also suggest you study state laws so you will understand things like provisional ballets and how long after the election you have to prove who you say you are.

your mistake is thinking that since in this argument I used a specific source I have no others. Bring on you rebuttal or STFU with your talking points. I have found most you have nothing but loinfo dem talking points on the issue.
    lol

I know your type, simpleton. When a black cat walks in front of you and you stub your ignorant little toe later that day, the cat was the causative factor.

6. #171 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Thing has no desire to learn about reality. He's got his belief system, and damn if you or I are going to change that.
    I'm not sure you can call what he has a belief system. Belief systems have to be based in fact.

7. #172 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

lol

I know your type, simpleton. When a black cat walks in front of you and you stub your ignorant little toe later that day, the cat was the causative factor.
    I know your type, boy. When a black doesn't get admitted, doesn't get hired, gets stopped by police, or anything else you whiners want to bring up, you automatically believe it has to do with skin color and not the reality of the person not being qualified or having done exactly what they were stopped for doing.

8. #173 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'm not sure you can call what he has a belief system. Belief systems have to be based in fact.
    No they don't. For example, some people believe in astrology.

9. #174 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Courts slap them down because they've realized blacks aren't capable of doing without help what white people can do on their own.

10. #175 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No they don't. For example, some people believe in astrology.
    Following astrology isn't a belief system. It's a fool being fooled by another fool.

11. #176 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

lol

Yawn! Come on loinfo. You can do better. You have a number of elections where it was shown VOTER ID laws did not effect voter turnout in numerous states. I have evidence that shows the contrary. All you can do is repeat the same tired talking point. The fact of the matter is when ANYBODY wants to vote they seem to be able to find a way to cast their vote. Additionally, you make this a race issue. Well guess what skippy. This affects white people as well. Poor whites living in appalachia or the south have the same issues as minorities. States are bending over backwards to ensure that people can vote. Some areas have mobile vans for free IDs. Simple fact of the matter is it is becoming really difficult to function in this country without a photo ID. And you loons know it.

I hate to assume but since you are trying have this discussion with me I am sure you are aware that there are various ways one can vote without an ID. You can show up at the polls, get a provisional ballot, cast your vote and then you have time before the vote count is official to prove who you are using various methods. You can also vote absentee. That's is just two.

I am also sure you are aware that there must be a method to receive a free ID so cost is not a factor. But you know that. You also know that many of the court cases you guys blindly cite were struck down not because of the ID provision but because of other factors like early voting, or how long you have after the election to prove who you are.

You know this because you are oh so smart. So please, show us something.

12. #177 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yawn! Come on loinfo. You can do better. You have a number of elections where it was shown VOTER ID laws did not effect voter turnout in numerous states. I have evidence that shows the contrary. All you can do is repeat the same tired talking point. The fact of the matter is when ANYBODY wants to vote they seem to be able to find a way to cast their vote. Additionally, you make this a race issue. Well guess what skippy. This affects white people as well. Poor whites living in appalachia or the south have the same issues as minorities. States are bending over backwards to ensure that people can vote. Some areas have mobile vans for free IDs. Simple fact of the matter is it is becoming really difficult to function in this country without a photo ID. And you loons know it.

I hate to assume but since you are trying have this discussion with me I am sure you are aware that there are various ways one can vote without an ID. You can show up at the polls, get a provisional ballot, cast your vote and then you have time before the vote count is official to prove who you are using various methods. You can also vote absentee. That's is just two.

I am also sure you are aware that there must be a method to receive a free ID so cost is not a factor. But you know that. You also know that many of the court cases you guys blindly cite were struck down not because of the ID provision but because of other factors like early voting, or how long you have after the election to prove who you are.

You know this because you are oh so smart. So please, show us something.
    My state offered a free ID and a ride to get it to the 170,000 or so it identified as not having one compliant with the new laws. 25 statewide accepted. That, in itself, is a problem. How many of them that refused the offer cried about being disenfranchised because they didn't have a valid ID? Apparently the lazy POS thought that the State should have made them one and brought it to them.

13. #178 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

My state offered a free ID and a ride to get it to the 170,000 or so it identified as not having one compliant with the new laws. 25 statewide accepted. That, in itself, is a problem. How many of them that refused the offer cried about being disenfranchised because they didn't have a valid ID? Apparently the lazy POS thought that the State should have made them one and brought it to them.
    While the rest of us understand that sometimes a little bit of work is required to exercise our right to do something.

14. #179 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

A civil class.

15. #180 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

While the rest of us understand that sometimes a little bit of work is required to exercise our right to do something.
    The word "exercising" indicates an effort has to be made.