1. #376 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    And BAC to be specific on how wrong this statement is I'll give you a list:

1) drug war and militarization of the police - Johnson could not be more opposite of Trump on this issue

2) foreign policy - zero bluster coming from Johnson

3) trade - pro free trade and while he doesn't like crony capitalism in trade deals he was pro TPP and our other trade deals

4) immigration - again, pro immigration. Not going to deport 11 million people

5) entitlements - Trump said he wouldn't touch them, Johnson said we need to reform them

Althea, likes to talk a lot of sh*t yet he claims the above is the same agenda? FFS
    I was unaware of this ...

Gary Johnson's Surprising Stands On Social Security And Health Care

"Actually, the 2016 Libertarian Party platform goes further than a simple “reform,” to my eyes — more like an eventual abolishment.

It says the United States should “phase out the current government-sponsored Social Security system and transition to a private voluntary system.” Retirement planning, the platform says, “is the responsibility of the individual, not the government.”

Johnson has personally endorsed privatizing Social Security, too

--

People should be free to purchase health insurance across state lines.” (That last part echoes what Trump has said.)

But probe a little deeper into Johnson’s positions and the proposals verge on the radical, compared to our current health care system. He’d essentially abolish most health insurance and would eliminate any government involvement in health care.

Johnson would repeal Obamacare “in a heartbeat” if given the opportunity, he has said. “If the GOP bill lowers costs and improves care, I’ll sign it,” Johnson proclaimed in a CNN Libertarian Town Hall in June. On Joe Rogan’s podcast in May, Johnson blamed Obamacare for his health insurance premiums quadrupling “and I have not seen a doctor in three years,” he added. “I wish I didn’t have to have health insurance to cover myself for ongoing medical need.”

As president, Johnson has said, he’d balance the federal budget partly by letting states restrict eligibility for Medicaid.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/nextave.../#273d5d2e515b

I'm sorry, but that is just mindless and completely heartless.

As I stated earlier, the libertarian agenda is totally unworkable and puts money in front of the human condition.

There are some things I agree with in the libertarian platform, but taken as a whole, it's absolutely horrible, disgusting, and incredibly foolish.

There are a myriad of issues that I totally disagree with libertarians on.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Althea (10-17-2017)

3. #377 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    I was unaware of this ...

Gary Johnson's Surprising Stands On Social Security And Health Care

"Actually, the 2016 Libertarian Party platform goes further than a simple “reform,” to my eyes — more like an eventual abolishment.

It says the United States should “phase out the current government-sponsored Social Security system and transition to a private voluntary system.” Retirement planning, the platform says, “is the responsibility of the individual, not the government.”

Johnson has personally endorsed privatizing Social Security, too

--

People should be free to purchase health insurance across state lines.” (That last part echoes what Trump has said.)

But probe a little deeper into Johnson’s positions and the proposals verge on the radical, compared to our current health care system. He’d essentially abolish most health insurance and would eliminate any government involvement in health care.

Johnson would repeal Obamacare “in a heartbeat” if given the opportunity, he has said. “If the GOP bill lowers costs and improves care, I’ll sign it,” Johnson proclaimed in a CNN Libertarian Town Hall in June. On Joe Rogan’s podcast in May, Johnson blamed Obamacare for his health insurance premiums quadrupling “and I have not seen a doctor in three years,” he added. “I wish I didn’t have to have health insurance to cover myself for ongoing medical need.”

As president, Johnson has said, he’d balance the federal budget partly by letting states restrict eligibility for Medicaid.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/nextave.../#273d5d2e515b

I'm sorry, but that is just mindless and completely heartless.

As I stated earlier, the libertarian agenda is totally unworkable and puts money in front of the human condition.

There are some things I agree with in the libertarian platform, but taken as a whole, it's absolutely horrible, disgusting, and incredibly foolish.

There are a myriad of issues that I totally disagree with libertarians on.
    Fair enough and to each his own. But Althea saying Gary Johnson's agenda is just like Trump's is extremely far from the truth.

4. #378 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
    The worst humans on the board believe in God and claim to go to church, I don't think that actually qualifies in making one a good human being.
    Yup, those would be the hypocrites. Bible says "even demons in hell believe in God..........and they tremble in fear."
    Those demons know more than most humans do......humans have too much pride to know they should tremble.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

5. #379 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,037 Times in 14,531 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Fair enough and to each his own. But Althea saying Gary Johnson's agenda is just like Trump's is extremely far from the truth.
    You've been given at least 5 examples of the similarity between the two.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

TTQ64 (10-17-2017)

7. #380 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    You've been given at least 5 examples of the similarity between the two.
    Were these thoughts you had in your head? You just liked BAC's post showing them to be completely opposite. Like TTQ64 you don't have a clue what they stand for and what the differences are. I can find five examples of similarities between Hillary and Gary Johnson. What you two going to say then?

8. #381 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Were these thoughts you had in your head? You just liked BAC's post showing them to be completely opposite. Like TTQ64 you don't have a clue what they stand for and what the differences are. I can find five examples of similarities between Hillary and Gary Johnson. What you two going to say then?
    Actually, I'm not going to say anything. You seem to have severe comprehension issues.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

9. #382 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Actually, I'm not going to say anything. You seem to have severe comprehension issues.
    I wouldn't say anything either when you're flat out lying.

10. #383 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I wouldn't say anything either when you're flat out lying.
    Multi quote each post on the topic, and see who's lying. That's what the multi quote feature is for.

We'll wait

11. #384 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Multi quote each post on the topic, and see who's lying. That's what the multi quote feature is for.

We'll wait
    I don't know how to use multi-quote.

You said other than smoking week their agendas were the same. That's a flat out lie. Both BAC and I posted info showing that.

12. #385 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I don't know how to use multi-quote.

You said other than smoking week their agendas were the same. That's a flat out lie. Both BAC and I posted info showing that.
    That's not what I said

Next to your 'reply with quote' button on any post, there's a button to the right with quotation marks. Simply find the quote you want to start with, and hit that button. Continue to other posts you want to show in the same reply box, and hit that button. On the last post you quote, hit the 'Reply with quote' button and they're all in the same box.

13. #386 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,121 Times in 2,441 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 265 Times in 242 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Русский агент View Post
    Looks like he finally had enough. Trump wins!
    The Truth Does Not Need To Be Supported With Censorship.

14. #387 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

:0) Players will continue to kneel and deal with the consequences ..

The policy says not all players will be required to be on the field during the anthem. In a sign that players were not part of the discussions, any violations of the policy would result in fines against the team - not the players. The NFL Players Association said it will challenge any part of the new policy that violates the collective bargaining agreement.

What happens if an entire team decides to stay in the locker room?

The NFL could have simply had players stay off the field until the anthem is over just as it used to be, just as it is in college.

Either way .. this is long from being over.

,, and Trump, the rich guy the NFL never wanted, can claim whatever he wants for his mindless followers. Come November, his congressional cover blows away. :0)
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

15. #388 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

^ generic Congressional vote is now less then 4 points ( RCP average) Dem advantage

16. #389 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    :0) Players will continue to kneel and deal with the consequences ..

The policy says not all players will be required to be on the field during the anthem. In a sign that players were not part of the discussions, any violations of the policy would result in fines against the team - not the players. The NFL Players Association said it will challenge any part of the new policy that violates the collective bargaining agreement.

What happens if an entire team decides to stay in the locker room?

The NFL could have simply had players stay off the field until the anthem is over just as it used to be, just as it is in college.

Either way .. this is long from being over.

,, and Trump, the rich guy the NFL never wanted, can claim whatever he wants for his mindless followers. Come November, his congressional cover blows away. :0)
    Translation: I just got fisted in my.

Goodell bent the knee to Trump. You know it.

#MAGA BITCH ASSED MOTHERFUCKER

17. #390 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

The more someone tells me what I have to do, the lest likely its going to happen.
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bourbon For This Post:

blackascoal (05-23-2018), Controlled Opposition (05-23-2018)