Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: NFL: League NOT seeking mandate for players to stand during anthem

1. #346 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,041 Times in 14,532 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,388 Times in 1,306 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Very informative article, thanks. I have a problem sometimes with Libertarians anyway, it's just me and I'm not badmouthing them. Their thought process can be confusing.....start off sounding like apples...then like oranges...then like a combination of the 2 without taking a firm stand one way or the other.
    I don't however, given what you gave me to read see him as ever having been a ranting bigot. He seemed to be concerned with the minutia for the blurred lines between public/government discrimination issues and private business/club type idiots looking for any reason or justification for discrimination based on skin color.

I'll go with the closing interview.............

BLITZER: Doctor Paul, I want to be precise. Did Woolworth, the department store, have a right at their lunch counters to segregate blacks and whites?

PAUL: I think that there was an overriding problem in the south so big that it did require federal intervention in the '60s and it stemmed from things that I said. It had been going on really 120 years too long. And the Southern states weren't correcting it. And I think there was a need for federal intervention.

BLITZER: All right so you've clarified, you would have voted yes in favor of the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

PAUL: Yes.
    You are correct in your assessment above. They're typically all over the place, mainly because the general concept seems valid, but when you scratch beneath the surface there are flaws that make it impossible to implement on a grand scale. Which is why there has never been a Libertarian society on a national level.

As I had mentioned, this is Paul back pedaling after already making the comment that he would not have voted for the Civil Rights Act based on principle.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

2. #347 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,041 Times in 14,532 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,388 Times in 1,306 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    You tell us as you and your democrats support the drug war and militarization of the police
    This is why Libertarians can't get more than 3% of the vote in any election. You can't base your entire campaign on the fact that you smoke pot. Of course, Johnson's platform was almost identical to trump's in every other way.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

TTQ64 (10-16-2017)

4. #348 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

When a player is in uniform they are on the clock. They can be thrown out of games before it starts and they can get penalties before it starts.
    Link? What other non military jobs require displays of loyalty to the government as part of the job?

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

Althea (10-16-2017), blackascoal (10-16-2017), TTQ64 (10-16-2017)

6. #349 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Colin Kaepernick Files Collusion Grievance Against NFL Owners
    Many analysts have commented that Kaepernick’s inability to sign with a team is a clear result of his protests.

Colin Kaepernick has filed a grievance against the National Football League, accusing owners of colluding to keep him from playing, according to reports from 6 ABC and Bleacher Report.

Kaepernick received national attention last year when he knelt at a football game during the national anthem. Then a San Francisco 49ers quarterback, Kaepernick explained that his act was a form of silent protest to raise awareness about police brutality and racial injustices in the United States. Critics of the quarterback have claimed that the act of “taking a knee” is disrespectful to the American flag and the military.*

At the end of last season, the quarterback opted out of his contract with the 49ers and entered free agency, allowing him to play with other teams.*But Kaepernick has yet to sign with a new team. His grievance accuses team owners of violating the league’s collective bargaining agreement.*

Kaepernick’s lawyer,*Mark Geragos, released a statement on Sunday.

“If the NFL ... is to remain a meritocracy, then principled and peaceful protest — which the owners themselves made great theater imitating weeks ago — should not be punished and athletes should not be denied employment based on partisan political provocation by the Executive Branch of our government,” Geragos said.

It’s highly unusual for quarterbacks to spend so long in free agency, especially one with Kaepernick’s record. Kaepernick, 29, managed to throw 16 touchdowns with four interceptions in a matter of 12 games with the 49ers.*

FiveThirtyEight analyzed the length of*free-agency periods for quarterbacks in March and again in August*in the last five years, showing that Kaepernick’s situation was an outlier. Kaepernick was most recently snubbed by the Tennessee Titans, who denied him the chance to work after the team’s current quarterback was injured.

Many sports fans and analysts have remarked that the quarterback’s inability to get a job is a blatant result of the NFL kneeling protests. President Donald Trump further fanned the flames after he implicitly called Kaepernick a “son of a bitch” and called on NFL fans to boycott games when kneeling occurred.*

Trump’s words only pushed more players to kneel in protest.
    https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...ushpmg00000009
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

7. #350 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

Kapernick can whine all he wants,

his anti-American, anti-military, anti-law enforcement stance has put him right where he belongs.
    And besides he sucks at football, doesn't he have some degree or something, maybe he could be an accountant
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

8. #351 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Perhaps generally speaking, but not everywhere. Which is the fallacy with Libertarianism. It relies on humans to do that which is contrary to human nature.
    You think it's human nature to want to discriminate, be ostracized and lose money?

9. #352 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

This is why Libertarians can't get more than 3% of the vote in any election. You can't base your entire campaign on the fact that you smoke pot. Of course, Johnson's platform was almost identical to trump's in every other way.
    You really have no idea what Johnson and Libertarians stand for. Wow

10. #353 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You really have no idea what Johnson and Libertarians stand for. Wow
    That would most likely be true for the vast majority of Americans.

I doubt if most even know who he is, let alone what he stands for.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

11. #354 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    That would most likely be true for the vast majority of Americans.

I doubt if most even know who he is, let alone what he stands for.
    You are not wrong however althea spends plenty of time on a political message board and clearly follows politics so I don't think it unreasonable to expect he would have a far better understanding than most.

12. #355 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,733 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 707 Times in 647 Posts
    Blog Entries

You are not wrong however althea spends plenty of time on a political message board and clearly follows politics so I don't think it unreasonable to expect he would have a far better understanding than most.
    Are you ever going to post what the libertarian party is proposing to do about the war on drugs and militiarization of police.

You keep talking about the dems and what they are not doing but you wont say what libertarians are going to do.

I've looked it up and I see nothing.

13. #356 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I spend lots of time on this board and have been closely following politics for a lot of years .. yet, I've paid little to almost no attention to Johnson. I don't completely know what he's about.

Respectfully, because he's a libertarian with zero chance of ever becoming president.

I voted 3rd party for several years and was inimically involved with the Green Party. Of course they had no chance of ever becoming president either, but their politics were more closely aligned with my own then the Democratic Party.

The reality that will never go away is that there are only two parties in this country that actually count and present the opportunity of voting for an eventual winner.

14. #357 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 5 Times in 5 Posts

Work hard at a real job . Don't lie , cheat ,
    Steal or murder for your living . Believe in God and go to church which few do .

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

15. #358 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Thank you. And this is my point. You can label yourself what ever you want but the bottom line is what you support.

He still advocates for voucher programs. Which means he wants to dismantle public education.

He also requested more money for private prisons that he himself invest in.

Cawacky can't run from supporting institutional racism no matter how hard he tries and who co-signs for him.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TTQ64 For This Post:

Althea (10-16-2017)

17. #359 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ64 View Post
    Are you ever going to post what the libertarian party is proposing to do about the war on drugs and militiarization of police.

You keep talking about the dems and what they are not doing but you wont say what libertarians are going to do.

I've looked it up and I see nothing.
    legalize ALL drugs. de-miliatarize police.

The movement is anti-statist; return powers to the states and people (individuals) respectively -
    except enumerated power to the feds. (see 10th Amendment)

It's a step towards sane limited government- with Constitutional roles in theory/action

18. #360 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    legalize ALL drugs. de-miliatarize police.

The movement is anti-statist; return powers to the states and people (individuals) respectively -
    except enumerated power to the feds. (see 10th Amendment)

It's a step towards sane limited government- with Constitutional roles in theory/action
    LMAO

You aren't helping his case. States rights is nothing more than supporting racist white men who want to continue slavery and oppression in their states.

You aren't even relevant. You are a non factor in any political discussion.

Go find a Hilary thread.