Thread: NFL: League NOT seeking mandate for players to stand during anthem

1. #271 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    you are not showing me anything new here..body cams are ignored as evidence. Legislation is pending, so we'll see.

The sticking point has always been getting a grand jury to indict, even when the evidence is manifest.
    Grand Juries are only as good as the citizen that sit on them, and members of a community may or may not be open to indictment.

The review boards are more investigatory -especially if they get subpoena powers..
    that's where it needs to go.
    :0) You're tripping over your own logic brother.

What do you think the protests are about?

.. and guess what we're talking about?

Here's a clue .. it isn't the flag.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

2. #272 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    What insults?

You are quite obviously ill-informed on the issue and in no position to lead nor advise. Is that an insult or the truth?

The protests are about greater accountability and oversight .. both of which are designed to remove rogue cops and departments .. something you are again obviously unaware of.
    sure. that's why i've thought up a better solution of indictment powers for CRBrds -because I'm "uninformed".
    I've also given good advice about clarity and simplification of message to get thru to 1/2 the country who don't understand the reasoning.

Hostility from you is all bound up in my support for Trump -whereas the last thing i want is more "racism".
    I want MAGA,and if you can't separate that out, it's not going to help to discuss anything else
    I don't know how you were diverted / You were perverted too
    I don't know how you were inverted / No one alerted you

3. #273 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ64 View Post
    IMO libertarians still support institutional racism. All that small government, individual liberties, free markets....blah blah blah, is nothing more then ways to keep Blacks oppressed.

You can't say you are against the drug war just so you won't be called a racist.
    Small government and lassiez-faire thinking are where libertarians fall short. They are both simply unworkable. Proven to be nothing more than a libertarian wet dream.

That being said, opposition to mindless incarceration and the war on drugs are indeed part of their small government philosophy. They are also occasionally antiwar.

But they don't really get into cultural issues as republicans who have built their entire house on cultural issues.

If a republican and a libertarian are drowning and you've only got one life-preserver .. throw it to the libertarian.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

4. #274 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    sure. that's why i've thought up a better solution of indictment powers for CRBrds -because I'm "uninformed".
    I've also given good advice about clarity and simplification of message to get thru to 1/2 the country who don't understand the reasoning.

Hostility from you is all bound up in my support for Trump -whereas the last thing i want is more "racism".
    I want MAGA,and if you can't separate that out, it's not going to help to discuss anything else
    :0) You haven't thought up ANYTHING on civilian review boards that hasn't already been thought of long ago. You don't know this because you haven't done any real research, but that truth is obvious from just what I've casually posted on the issue.

Your belief in your special mental powers is unfounded.

Protestors are taking a knee to demand all the things you think you've thought up all by yourself and more. So you must agree with them. right?

When did you get so thin-skinned that truth is painful and makes you feel all insulted?

5. #275 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,733 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 707 Times in 647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Small government and lassiez-faire thinking are where libertarians fall short. They are both simply unworkable. Proven to be nothing more than a libertarian wet dream.

That being said, opposition to mindless incarceration and the war on drugs are indeed part of their small government philosophy. They are also occasionally antiwar.

But they don't really get into cultural issues as republicans who have built their entire house on cultural issues.

If a republican and a libertarian are drowning and you've only got one life-preserver .. throw it to the libertarian.
    I'd rather they both drown. They both would vote to let my ass drown in a heartbeat.

6. #276 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I'd rather they both drown. They both would vote to let my ass drown in a heartbeat.
    You're tough girlfriend.

In truth, I would try to save them both. :0) Wouldn't want that on my conscience even though they may not have done the same for me.

7. #277 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Unfortunately, the biggest jailer in American history was our own Bill Clinton .. which helped Hilary Clinton lose the election.
    The stage was already set when Clinton took office.

Americans hated crime because it was Black people committing it.

I will not lay this at the feet of Clinton, like the right does, but I don't absolve him of his participation.

They admitted they were wrong along with other dems who signed on at that time. Now they want to fix the mistake they made.

The GOPigs are still shouting law and order, drugs, and Black criminals from the top of the mountain. Why in the world would I be worried about what Clinton did when they still want us locked up in chains. Sorry, I can't get on that train.

Hilary lost because the racist white man stole this election. Nothing else

8. #278 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You're tough girlfriend.

In truth, I would try to save them both. :0) Wouldn't want that on my conscience even though they may not have done the same for me.
    And this is why you are well respected on this board.

I hate them. I hate everything they stand for. They don't deserved to breath air. They are a mean violent people I have no sympathy for.
    They have 1million of my Black brothers and sisters still enslaved making multi billions of dollars and telling Americans lies about us every day.

You can continue being the safe place they can turn to whilst I'm calling them out for every piece of racist shit they represent.

lol.

9. #279 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The stage was already set when Clinton took office.

Americans hated crime because it was Black people committing it.

I will not lay this at the feet of Clinton, like the right does, but I don't absolve him of his participation.

They admitted they were wrong along with other dems who signed on at that time. Now they want to fix the mistake they made.

The GOPigs are still shouting law and order, drugs, and Black criminals from the top of the mountain. Why in the world would I be worried about what Clinton did when they still want us locked up in chains. Sorry, I can't get on that train.

Hilary lost because the racist white man stole this election. Nothing else
    Hillary lost for a lot of reasons, not the least of which were her husband. The black vote was not what is should have been because of Bill Clinton, less about Hillary.

Obviously I don't absolve republicans of their bullshit, nor the abject ignorance of people who voted for a clown, but democrats have some soul-searching (pun intended) to do of their own.

10. #280 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hillary lost for a lot of reasons, not the least of which were her husband. The black vote was not what is should have been because of Bill Clinton, less about Hillary.

Obviously I don't absolve republicans of their bullshit, nor the abject ignorance of people who voted for a clown, but democrats have some soul-searching (pun intended) to do of their own.
    Hilary had 3 million more votes than dump. Americans came out to vote as usual, and they chose Clinton

You can't possible believe Hilary lost partially because of the Black vote?

11. #281 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

And this is why you are well respected on this board.

I hate them. I hate everything they stand for. They don't deserved to breath air. They are a mean violent people I have no sympathy for.
    They have 1million of my Black brothers and sisters still enslaved making multi billions of dollars and telling Americans lies about us every day.

You can continue being the safe place they can turn to whilst I'm calling them out for every piece of racist shit they represent.

lol.
    :0) I don't know about how respected I am here, but it's not something I concern myself with. Speaking truth as I see it is more important to me than how its perceived.

I hate racists, not white people .. and I have to be clear about that because I do not want to offend white people who stand with us against the evil of racism, whites who voted for Obama and fight against oppression, whites who have been friends and helpful in my own growth, whites in my own family, nor the white people that we will need to help craft a better society.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Phantasmal (10-15-2017)

13. #282 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hilary had 3 million more votes than dump. Americans came out to vote as usual, and they chose Clinton

You can't possible believe Hilary lost partially because of the Black vote?
    Yes ma'am, in part, I do.

The Non-Voters Who Decided The Election: Trump Won Because Of Lower Democratic Turnout

An astonishing spectacle of the election aftermath is the false account of why Trump won. The accepted wisdom is that Trump succeeded in awakening a popular movement of anger and frustration among white, blue-collar, less educated, mostly male, voters, particularly in non-urban areas. Trump promised them jobs, safe borders, and dignity, and they responded by turning out in masses at his pre-election rallies and eventually at the ballots, carrying him to victory.

This story is mostly wrong. Trump did not win because he was more attractive to this base of white voters. He won because Hillary Clinton was less attractive to the traditional Democratic base of urban, minorities, and more educated voters. This is a profound fact, because Democratic voters were so extraordinarily repelled by Trump that they were supposed to have the extra motivation to turn out. Running against Trump, any Democratic candidate should have ridden a wave of anti-Trump sentiment among these voters. It therefore took a strong distaste for Hillary Clinton among the Democratic base to not only undo this wave, but to lose many additional liberal votes.

The story of Hillary Clinton’s defeat, then, is not the Trump Movement erupting in the ballots, nor the fable that some “Reagan Democrats” flipped again from Obama to Trump. The story is altogether different, and very simple: the Democratic base did not turn out to vote as it did for Obama. Those sure-Democrats who stayed home handed the election to Trump.

Take Michigan for example. A state that Obama won in 2012 by 350,000 votes, Clinton lost by roughly 10,000. Why? She received 300,000 votes less than Obama did in 2012. Detroit and Wayne County should kick themselves because of the 595,253 votes they gave Obama in 2012, only 518,000 voted for Clinton in 2016. Mote than 75,000 Motown Obama voters did not bother to vote for Clinton! They did not become Trump voters – Trump received only 10,000 votes more than Romney did in this county. They simply stayed at home. If even a fraction of these lethargic Democrats had turned out to vote, Michigan would have stayed blue.

Wisconsin tells the same numbers story, even more dramatically. Trump got no new votes. He received exactly the same number of votes in America’s Dairyland as Romney did in 2012. Both received 1,409,000 votes. But Clinton again could not spark many Obama voters to turn out for her: she tallied 230,000 votes less than Obama did in 2012. This is how a 200,000-vote victory margin for Obama in the Badger State became a 30,000-vote defeat for Clinton.

This pattern is national. Clinton’s black voter turnout dropped more than 11 percent compared to 2012. The support for Clinton among active black voters was still exceedingly high (87 percent, versus 93 percent for Obama), but the big difference was the turnout. Almost two million black votes cast for Obama in 2012 did not turn out for Clinton. According to one plausible calculation, if in North Carolina blacks had turned out for Clinton as they had for Obama, she would have won the state. I saw a similar downtrend in my own eyes: I voted in a predominantly African American precinct in the south side of Chicago, and I can testify that the lines for early voting at the polling place were much shorter than they were in 2012.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/omriben.../#39f0a6d553ab

14. #283 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

:0) You haven't thought up ANYTHING on civilian review boards that hasn't already been thought of long ago. You don't know this because you haven't done any real research, but that truth is obvious from just what I've casually posted on the issue.

Your belief in your special mental powers is unfounded.

Protestors are taking a knee to demand all the things you think you've thought up all by yourself and more. So you must agree with them. right?

When did you get so thin-skinned that truth is painful and makes you feel all insulted?
    yet you haven't shown me any links whereby CRBrds have grand jury indictment powers as you keep claiming has
    'already been addressed"

I've repeatedly made my position clear: I do not want the anthem
    (a powerful moment of US Unity -E Pluribus Unum)-disrespected. But i support the protests otherwise

I do support indicting rogue cops

15. #284 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

People can make their own choices but if you choose not to want to work with people who share your interests on important topics then don't act all pissed that things don't change.

Things don't change when you make enemy's of potential allies.

16. #285 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hillary is DOA. The warmongering witch is finally dead.

now if she would just #STFU both the country and the Democratic party would benefit-
    instead of her incessant blaming everyone/everything else under the sun for her loss.