Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump unraveling. “I Hate Everyone in the White House!”:

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,005 Times in 8,032 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Default Trump unraveling. “I Hate Everyone in the White House!”:

It should have been clear from the beginning that Trump possesses neither the intellect nor the temperament to be Commander in Chief. Unfortunately, morons are allowed to vote in this country too.

“I Hate Everyone in the White House!”: Trump Seethes as Advisers Fear the President Is “Unraveling”

By GABRIEL SHERMAN OCTOBER 11, 2017 2:40 PM

In recent days, I’ve spoken with a half dozen prominent Republicans and Trump advisers, and they all describe a White House in crisis as advisers struggle to contain a president who seems to be increasingly unfocused and consumed by dark moods.

At first it sounded like hyperbole, the escalation of a Twitter war. But now it’s clear that Bob Corker’s remarkable New York Times interview—in which the Republican senator described the White House as “adult day care” and warned Trump could start World War III—was an inflection point in the Trump presidency. It brought into the open what several people close to the president have recently told me in private: that Trump is “unstable,” “losing a step,” and “unraveling.”

The conversation among some of the president’s longtime confidantes, along with the character of some of the leaks emerging from the White House has shifted. There’s a new level of concern. NBC News published a report that Trump shocked his national security team when he called for a nearly tenfold increase in the country’s nuclear arsenal during a briefing this summer. One Trump adviser confirmed to me it was after this meeting disbanded that Secretary of State Rex Tillerson called Trump a “moron.”

In recent days, I spoke with a half dozen prominent Republicans and Trump advisers, and they all describe a White House in crisis as advisers struggle to contain a president who seems to be increasingly unfocused and consumed by dark moods. Trump’s ire is being fueled by his stalled legislative agenda and, to a surprising degree, by his decision last month to back the losing candidate Luther Strange in the Alabama Republican primary. “Alabama was a huge blow to his psyche,” a person close to Trump said. “He saw the cult of personality was broken.”

According to two sources familiar with the conversation, Trump vented to his longtime security chief, Keith Schiller, “I hate everyone in the White House! There are a few exceptions, but I hate them!” (A White House official denies this.) Two senior Republican officials said Chief of Staff John Kelly is miserable in his job and is remaining out of a sense of duty to keep Trump from making some sort of disastrous decision. Today, speculation about Kelly’s future increased after Politico reported that Kelly’s deputy Kirstjen Nielsen is likely to be named Homeland Security Secretary—the theory among some Republicans is that Kelly wanted to give her a soft landing before his departure.

One former official even speculated that Kelly and Secretary of Defense James Mattis have discussed what they would do in the event Trump ordered a nuclear first strike. “Would they tackle him?” the person said. Even Trump’s most loyal backers are sowing public doubts. This morning, The Washington Post quoted longtime Trump friend Tom Barrack saying he has been “shocked” and “stunned” by Trump’s behavior.

While Kelly can’t control Trump’s tweets, he is doing his best to physically sequester the president—much to Trump’s frustration. One major G.O.P. donor told me access to Trump has been cut off, and his outside calls to the White House switchboard aren’t put through to the Oval Office. Earlier this week, I reported on Kelly’s plans to prevent Trump from mingling with guests at Mar-a-Lago later this month. And, according to two sources, Keith Schiller quit last month after Kelly told Schiller he needed permission to speak to the president and wanted written reports of their conversations.

The White House denies these accounts. “The President’s mood is good and his outlook on the agenda is very positive,” an official said.

West Wing aides have also worried about Trump’s public appearances, one Trump adviser told me. The adviser said aides were relieved when Trump declined to agree to appear on the season premiere of 60 Minutes last month. “He’s lost a step. They don’t want him doing adversarial TV interviews,” the adviser explained. Instead, Trump has sat down for friendly conversations with Sean Hannity and Mike Huckabee, whose daughter is Trump’s press secretary. (The White House official says the 60 Minutes interview is being rescheduled.)

Even before Corker’s remarks, some West Wing advisers were worried that Trump’s behavior could cause the Cabinet to take extraordinary Constitutional measures to remove him from office. Several months ago, according to two sources with knowledge of the conversation, former chief strategist Steve Bannon told Trump that the risk to his presidency wasn’t impeachment, but the 25th Amendment—the provision by which a majority of the Cabinet can vote to remove the president. When Bannon mentioned the 25th Amendment, Trump said, “What’s that?” According to a source, Bannon has told people he thinks Trump has only a 30 percent chance of making it the full term.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

Bill (10-13-2017), blackascoal (10-13-2017), christiefan915 (10-14-2017)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

That's a media lie.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

dukkha (10-13-2017)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    That's a media lie.
    According to brainwashed Trumptards, every negative story about their orange idol is a "media lie".
    C'MON MAN!!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

blackascoal (10-13-2017)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    According to brainwashed Trumptards, every negative story about their orange idol is a "media lie".
    There's another category of Trump story besides negative lol?

Can we see one?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

PostmodernProphet (10-13-2017), tsuke (10-13-2017)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,394 Times in 5,099 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 908 Times in 849 Posts
    Blog Entries

I don't see any proof the the OP title " "

Fucking liar.

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

That's a media lie.
    it's complete garbage -fake news.
    It still claims Trump wanted a "tenfold increase in nukes" John Kelly specifically denied that
    I don't know how you were diverted / You were perverted too
    I don't know how you were inverted / No one alerted you

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Darth Omar (10-13-2017)

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

When the video appears in the national news media of a ranting, raving Donald Trump being hauled away in a straight jacket by men in white coats, the Trumptards will still be bleating "Fake news!!! Fake news!!!".
    C'MON MAN!!!!

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    it's complete garbage -fake news.
    It still claims Trump wanted a "tenfold increase in nukes" John Kelly specifically denied that
    And so according to you, that constitutes solid proof Trump never said it?

Puh-LEASE.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

There's another category of Trump story besides negative lol?

Can we see one?
    No there isn't.

Why?

BECAUSE THERE'S NO CATEGORY OF TRUMP BEHAVIOR THAT ISNT NEGATIVE!!!!

DUH!!!!
    C'MON MAN!!!!

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And so according to you, that constitutes solid proof Trump never said it?

Puh-LEASE.
    it's notable that Kelly never comments on the WH- yesterday he did. So the fact he did specifically hold weight

16. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

It should have been clear from the beginning that Trump possesses neither the intellect nor the temperament to be Commander in Chief. Unfortunately, morons are allowed to vote in this country too.
    you're unraveling,
    but thanks for the deflect
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    it's notable that Kelly never comments on the WH- yesterday he did. So the fact he did specifically hold weight
    So, if I apply the same standard in reverse.... Trump is known far and wide for making outrageous, bellicose and idiotic comments, then denying he made them. Hence, the fact he is known for making such stupid pronouncements, holds weight.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

18. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

I wonder if the Trumpettes understand what the mantra of "fake news" is doing to our most important watchdog & really, a pillar of our democracy.

And all because Trump told them to jump.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2020.1 For This Post:

Bill (10-13-2017)

20. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Getin the ring View Post
    you're unraveling,
    but thanks for the deflect
    Thank you for yet another deposit in the Bank of Idiotic Responses.

You're building up quite an account.

Maybe we should talk about setting you up in some type of higher yield account.

Build yourself a nice nest egg of stupidity.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

21. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So, if I apply the same standard in reverse.... Trump is known far and wide for making outrageous, bellicose and idiotic comments, then denying he made them. Hence, the fact he is known for making such stupid pronouncements, holds weight.
    yes you can surely call him out on discrepancies from one message to the other.
    However here Kelly is clearly refuting the Fake News of NBC's report, which this piece relies heavily upon