Thread: Executive order on Obamacare

1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Товарищ Агент View Post
    Exactly.

Humanity has been bettered through natural selection for millions of years.

Tough shit for the genetic losers. Why should I subsidize their propagation of more generations of genetic defectives?
    I think the best solution is somewhere between Social Darwinism and single payer lol.

Interstate competition should lower the cost of health insurance for consumers. And subsidizing Big Insurance without congress appropriating funds is unconstitutional, so Trump's executive order should be commended.

The interesting question is why the, then democrat controlled congress, didn't simply pass an appropriation bill that would subsidize the health insurance people when Obamacare was passed. It's easy to think they wanted it to collapse.

Also, this is the second time in a month that Trump has played the anti-dictator insofar as he shrunk the power of the executive branch. DACA is congresses responsibility and not the executive branch. If we are going to grant amnesty to illegal aliens, congress needs to do their fricking job and vote on it.

And with last week's Obamacare EO, Trump did the right thing in stopping illegal subsidies to Big Insurance. If we are going to put Big Insurance on a kind of welfare program, congress needs to vote on an appropriations bill that would fund it.

Some evil dictator, that Trump.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

dukkha (10-15-2017)

3. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Why should an insurer be forced to lose money on someone with a pre-existing condition, Diva darling?

Why should an insurer be forced to keep losing money after someone develops a condition, Diva dear?

That makes no sense to me.
    Where did I advocate any of this?

That is not my position, it's a strawman.

I said a thoughtful resolution to the clusterfuck called Obamacare must be constructed. Simply removing the subsidies is not a resolution.

4. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Trump Diva View Post
    Where did I advocate any of this?

That is not my position, it's a strawman.

I said a thoughtful resolution to the clusterfuck called Obamacare must be constructed. Simply removing the subsidies is not a resolution.
    But that would require congressional action, so yeah.

Trump did the only thing he could do. Congress won't act until it collapses.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

5. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by The Zax View Post
    you are using a strawman, stupid. I never said denials were limited to cancer survivors. I said insurance companies only issue denials to those that aren't worth insuring. They deny takers, those that take out more than they put in. No insurance company would deny someone that would be a net benefit for them. It's turning down free money.
    Then prove it. People have been denied for conditions such as childhood asthma or allergies.

But you go with your ignorance.

Bookmark this. The gubmint will take over the entire system once the insurance companies are out of business. And America will have the Commiecrats and dumb mf'ers like you to thank for it. Remember this convo when you lose a loved one to shit gubmint healthcare, where people live or die based on their remaining tax paying years. Imbecile.

6. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,737 Times in 14,332 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    I think the best solution is somewhere between Social Darwinism and single payer lol.

Interstate competition should lower the cost of health insurance for consumers. And subsidizing Big Insurance without congress appropriating funds is unconstitutional, so Trump's executive order should be commended.

The interesting question is why the, then democrat controlled congress, didn't simply pass an appropriation bill that would subsidize the health insurance people when Obamacare was passed. It's easy to think they wanted it to collapse.

Also, this is the second time in a month that Trump has played the anti-dictator insofar as he shrunk the power of the executive branch. DACA is congresses responsibility and not the executive branch. If we are going to grant amnesty to illegal aliens, congress needs to do their fricking job and vote on it.

And with last week's Obamacare EO, Trump did the right thing in stopping illegal subsidies to Big Insurance. If we are going to put Big Insurance on a kind of welfare program, congress needs to vote on an appropriations bill that would fund it.

Some evil dictator, that Trump.
    If you mandate that everyone must buy insurance, as the Heritage Foundation suggested, then you have to help those who cannot afford the premiums.

This ain't rocket science.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

7. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

But that would require congressional action, so yeah.

Trump did the only thing he could do. Congress won't act until it collapses.
    Yes, and then the only option left will be to take it over.

Mark my words.

You think Obamacare bad? Wait til you see "single payer" for 350 million people. It will make a trip to the DMV seem quick and high quality.

8. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

This is "prior" to 2014 when Obamacare kicked in, delightful Diva.

The Kaiser Family Foundation is an industry shill with proven liberal leanings.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/conncarroll/2014/08/01/kaiser-family-fail-n1873724

Kaiser has a history of donating mostly to DEMOCRATS and is a known cheerleader for Obamacare.

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/totals.php?id=D000039180&cycle=A

I asked you for actual, current rating guidelines. Maybe we misunderstood each other, divine Diva.
    Current rating guidelines?

Did you not realize -- Obamacare removed underwriting requirements?

Why can't you concede removing the subsidies right now is not a thoughtful resolution? That's my position, none of this other shit.

Reading this thread though, makes me realize how dumb and brainwashed so many people are on the entire situation.

9. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Current rating guidelines?

Did you not realize -- Obamacare removed underwriting requirements?

Why can't you concede removing the subsidies right now is not a thoughtful resolution? That's my position, none of this other shit.

Reading this thread though, makes me realize how dumb and brainwashed so many people are on the entire situation.
    What other unconstitutional policies do you advocate lol?

10. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Too late for that.
    you libtards surrender easily don't you....

11. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    you libtards surrender easily don't you....
    Wow, what an intellectual beatdown.

I accept your concession that an action equivalent to a temper tantrum will not fix our healthcare system. This is like shooting fish in a barrel.

12. #131 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Wow, what an intellectual beatdown.

I accept your concession that an action equivalent to a temper tantrum will not fix our healthcare system. This is like shooting fish in a barrel.
    you're the one who thinks there's only one option left......good thing no one ever asked you if we could go to the moon.....

13. #132 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

What other unconstitutional policies do you advocate lol?
    Wait and see what happens, single payer fan.

If Grind and ILA think they are prescient, they won't hold a candle to me.

14. #133 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    you're the one who thinks there's only one option left......good thing no one ever asked you if we could go to the moon.....
    If there are no insurers left, there is only *one* option.

Unless you have can share the *other* magical option which has been unheard of to this point.......?

15. #134 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 114 Posts

all us gov. usurpation over the "healthcare" "industry" is unlawful, therefore the things trump did this week are lawful and just. he is doing his damned job. every "member" of congress who opposes the lawful administration of the constitution is cursed and damned. and their seed will be rooted out of the earth. soon. right on schedule. it is good.
    Even so, Come, Lord Jesus
    I do not participate in delusion count me out

16. #135 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by iewitness View Post
    all us gov. usurpation in the "healthcare" industry is unlawful, therefore the things trump did this week are lawful and just. he is doing his damned job. every "member" of congress who opposes the lawful administration of the constitution is cursed and damned.
    He threw the equivalent to a temper tantrum because he didn't get his way.

There has to be some option and a transition period. Simply removing subsidies which have been in place for several years right at Open Enrollment solves nothing. It only hastens the walk to single payer.