Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tax reform is needed

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Getin the ring View Post
    look, it's your own fault for starting a thread on a subject you obviously didn't bother to research.
    But here I'll give you the basics 101.
    But afterwards, please stfu

The tax cuts for the so called "rich" is to stimulate job growth, job growth, higher wages, more people working for if not higher wages at least wages they were working for before the recession means more money not only back into the economy, but also more tax revenue.

And any tax "reform" had better include me keeping more of my money, would we not ALL agree on that?
    please. And his plan does just that.

Bash Trump on other things but don't question his business savvy.
    that just makes you look even more ridiculous, as if that was possible, I know I know.
    Yep - as I said.

Trickle down.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,777 Times in 27,251 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    I'm not a libertarian, and I haven't backed a plan like this before.
    ok

but you do remember the thread in which you said you leaned more that way than the democratic plans remember?

keep up the decent posting even during thennext election and see how much I praise you.

The Democratic plans are the ones that have actually worked in practice

dont forget that

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Tax cuts do not stimulate growth, or higher wages, or more people working. They never have and they never will. Do you want to keep more of your own money if it adds a trillion or two to our debt?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to floridafan For This Post:

evince (10-11-2017)

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

Well, we can certainly start w/ NOT eliminating the state tax. The main benefit for that goes to those w/ over $11 million. That, to me, signals the intention of this plan more than anything.

The whole plan itself is a revisit of trickle-down. A plan that helps the middle class but is not an inordinate giveaway to the rich is just that - I'm not sure what you're asking.
    the majority of americans dont take the salt deduction. 70% of Americans use standardized deductions so they dont apply the salt deduction. Only the richest 30% itemize. I thought you did not want the tax reform to benefit them?
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    WICHITA, Kan. — In December 2014, the University of Kansas agreed to pay David Beaty $800,000 a year, plus incentives, to be the football program’s head coach, but with an interesting structure: More than two-thirds of that pay would be channeled to an organization called DB Sports L.L.C.
    DB Sports is what accountants call a pass-through entity, and it pays all of its profits directly to Mr. Beaty. As a result of a tax law that Kansas lawmakers passed in 2012, ostensibly to benefit beleaguered small businesses in the state, that contract structure allowed Mr. Beaty to avoid paying about $37,000 a year in state income taxes, nearly enough to fund a first-year teacher’s salary in the Wichita school district.

With the state hemorrhaging government revenue, Kansas lawmakers rolled back the tax law this year, but congressional Republicans and President Trump are trying to take the experiment with pass-through preferences national, beyond Wichita and Topeka to cities with residents who measure incomes in seven, eight or nine figures.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...AtgNpM?ffid=gz
    it never works when its implimented

the cons dont care they seek then failure of this nation

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

I reject the notion that the only way to help the middle class is to give a huge tax break to the wealthy.

I believe in fair taxation, but I don't see anything in this plan except for an acceleration of the pattern we have seen for decades - relating to the growing gap between the rich & poor.

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post
    the majority of americans dont take the salt deduction. 70% of Americans use standardized deductions so they dont apply the salt deduction. Only the richest 30% itemize. I thought you did not want the tax reform to benefit them?
    and who has 90 % of all the money

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Well, we can certainly start w/ NOT eliminating the state tax. The main benefit for that goes to those w/ over $11 million. That, to me, signals the intention of this plan more than anything.

The whole plan itself is a revisit of trickle-down. A plan that helps the middle class but is not an inordinate giveaway to the rich is just that - I'm not sure what you're asking.
    I'm saying any major tax reform is going to help/hurt the rich the most because they pay the most.

But if you are arguing we need a plan that benefits the middle class and isn't a give away to the rich what would that entail?

10. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I reject the notion that the only way to help the middle class is to give a huge tax break to the wealthy.

I believe in fair taxation, but I don't see anything in this plan except for an acceleration of the pattern we have seen for decades - relating to the growing gap between the rich & poor.
    because we live on a normal amount of income

the wealthy hold MOST of the assets

they need to pay the MOST taxes

period

11. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

Yep - as I said.

Trickle down.
    you're just really really clueless by using that term.

So how do you think economies like ours works.

People with the money own businesses, they in-turn hire people to put out a product, this product produces a profit, without this profit what incentive would these people with the money have to continue?
    And without these people running these for profit businesses where would you and I work?

They continue to be rich, you and I have a job to take care of our families and try and enjoy what's left of our free time.

I'd love to hear another approach if you have one, but before you propose the stupid thing you are about to say, remember I offered as friendly advice for you to just stfu.
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

12. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I'm saying any major tax reform is going to help/hurt the rich the most because they pay the most.

But if you are arguing we need a plan that benefits the middle class and isn't a give away to the rich what would that entail?
    we go back to what worked GREAT in the past

the rich taxed at a MUCH HIGHER LEVEL

13. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,273 Times in 13,987 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post
    "Only the richest 30% itemize?" Documentation?

I itemize and I'm surely not in the richest thirty percent of Americans, in fact, I know few people who don't itemize

14. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

evince (10-11-2017)

15. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

I'm confused by your comment on state tax deduction on federal returns. The benefit currenty goes to the wealthy in high tax states. You're saying it doesn't?

16. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    "Only the richest 30% itemize?" Documentation?

I itemize and I'm surely not in the richest thirty percent of Americans, in fact, I know few people who don't itemize
    and with this new plan you won't itemize,

would you bother to read what he is proposing instead of flapping your gums as if you know what you're talking about.
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

17. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

You still haven't told us why you support auditing a couple of trillion to our debt!!