Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poll: More Americans blame Bush for 9/11

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Post Poll: More Americans blame Bush for 9/11

The percentage of Americans who blame the Bush administration for the September 11, 2001, attacks on New York and Washington has risen from almost a third to almost half over the past four years, a CNN poll released Monday found.

More at link...

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

I blame the inventors of the airplane.....

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

More democrats blame Bush is what it should say.
    You get more with a kind word and a two by four than you do with just a kind word.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,530 Times in 2,531 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 479 Times in 470 Posts
    Blog Entries

I know plenty of republicans who fault bush for being asleep at the wheel for 9/11.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by maineman View Post
    I know plenty of republicans who fault bush for being asleep at the wheel for 9/11.
    And I know "plenty" of Democrats who believe that the response wouldn't be good enough if it were any other than Bush...

Come on, maineman, stating your personal experience is not evidence.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Perhaps you are all right and this shows a rise in the number of demoncrats and a drop in the number of rebutlickens.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,530 Times in 2,531 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 479 Times in 470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    More democrats blame Bush is what it should say.
    Damo:

and THIS is evidence?

ROFLMFAO..... you sure pick and choose who you wanna play gramma police with!

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    And I know "plenty" of Democrats who believe that the response wouldn't be good enough if it were any other than Bush...

Come on, maineman, stating your personal experience is not evidence.
    I actually should have said that it is not "statistical" evidence. For surely maineman's personal experience is evidence.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Damo:

and THIS is evidence?

I didn't read Gaffer's, I just went to the last post in the thread...

Either one is not statistical evidence.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Damo:

and THIS is evidence?

Plus, his was an opinion, not a statement of fact like, "plenty of hogs wallow in wet cement". One was, "Hogs should wallow in wet cement." The other was "Hogs do wallow in wet cement because I know plenty who do!"
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Many people believe that the presidential Briefing to President Bush ONE MONTH BEFORE 9/11, Stating:

"Bin Laden Determine to strike in U.S."

Was reason for President Bush and the National Security Advisor Condi Rice to return to Washington from vacation and address the threats that were given to them in this particular Daily Presidential Brief.

They DID NOT CALL ONE National Security meeting to even DISCUSS this threat or to get to the bottom of it FOR THE FOLLOWING MONTH after receiving it...NADA, NIENTE, ZILCH, NOTHING.

Continuing his month long vacation in Texas catching that "fish' was more important to the fair haired boy...is what many believe....

Our Intelligence agencies failed us bigtime and I personally think it is wrong not to include THEM in this blame game...

12. #12 | Top
    TRGLDTE Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NewsBoy View Post
    The percentage of Americans who blame the Bush administration for the September 11, 2001, attacks on New York and Washington has risen from almost a third to almost half over the past four years, a CNN poll released Monday found.

More at link...
    More than what? Compared to....

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Troglodyte27 View Post
    More than what? Compared to....
    trog, you know Newsboy is a BOT, not a user, right? i found out after a few of his/its posts that it was an automatic news service of sorts... then got a good chuckle at myself for being irritated with him!

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Damo, just take a sampling of Toby's responses and have newsboy respond to posts with them randomly. Will make as much sense as Toby does.

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by uscitizen View Post
    Damo, just take a sampling of Toby's responses and have newsboy respond to posts with them randomly. Will make as much sense as Toby does.
    LOL